Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's your "Buffalo story"
I've lived in Buffalo, NY all my life 8 17.78%
I moved away for school/work (haven't returned) 9 20.00%
I moved away for school/work and returned to Buffalo 4 8.89%
Never lived in Buffalo, but it's nice to visit 5 11.11%
I came to Buffalo for school/work and settled here 6 13.33%
I came to Buffalo for school/work and left 6 13.33%
I have a "Western New York story" and will leave a comment 4 8.89%
Other... will leave a comment 3 6.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 08:26 AM

327 posts, read 939,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggy View Post
Whoa, there is no way a realtor is telling me this. Talk to me in a year about the housing bubble and we'll see who didn't do their homework and study hard.
I mean networking and looking for a career before you finished your school. You know, you have to start somewhere and somehow. Don't give up and focus on what you like and want to do. It takes time. Learn to be parient. Don't complain because you never know who's listening...

Leaving is O.K. You have a chance to see the world. Isn't great? Adjustment to difference gives you more power. Your power is you.

P.S. We didn't have the housing bubble in Western New York. Our market is steady with great opportunities for all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 03:17 PM

944 posts, read 3,850,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanna vaida View Post
I mean networking and looking for a career before you finished your school.
Golly darn, I wish I'd thought of that! Great idea!

Quote:
You know, you have to start somewhere and somehow. Don't give up and focus on what you like and want to do. It takes time. Learn to be parient. Don't complain because you never know who's listening....
What?

Quote:
Your power is you.
Thank you. I am well aware if this.

Quote:
P.S. We didn't have the housing bubble in Western New York. Our market is steady with great opportunities for all.
Good luck with that.

Your naivete and that-won't-happen-to-us stance are precisely the marooned perspective that keep Western New Yorkers looking for spare change to buy toilet paper. Buffalo was better off 100 years ago. That's a fact difficult to "focus with power" away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area