Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2021, 06:28 PM
JH6

1,435 posts, read 3,216,798 times

Advertisements

Sahlens is king to me as well. Had three in one sitting at my family house in WNY a couple weeks back. Great with Teds hot sauce and webbers mustard.

Nothing down in South Texas is even close. Mostly all beef hot dogs, still good but not similar to Sahlens pork/beef blend.

Also everything does not need jalapeno on it, lol.

There are a few chicago hot dog joints that do a good job, but its not like a buffalo dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2021, 11:18 AM

6,407 posts, read 4,901,771 times
My dad, when he was younger, paid a visit to a hot dog manufacturing facility. After seeing what went into a hot dog, he never ate one for the rest of his life

Old 07-22-2021, 11:47 AM

5,687 posts, read 4,086,058 times
The Sahlens is long and skinny. To easy to burn up on the grill.
The Hoffman's was much shorter than the bun. Tried one last night.

I guess at this point, I will stay with the Zweigles. First, I like the white hots much better, plus they are much hardier. Fills up the bun. I also see Zweigles now has an even larger pop open hot, but only in red, as well as Italian Sausage

Old 08-02-2021, 04:29 PM

6,424 posts, read 3,134,333 times
Zweigles are good, no doubt, but I grew an affection for Hoffmans, when I used to go to Oswego Speedway, where the Hoffman dogs were served. Thankfully, Wegmans carries them....

Old 08-15-2021, 06:43 AM

100 posts, read 63,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardRoarke View Post
Guy over in town introduced Greenville to Zweigle's. He was laid off from his construction job here in '08, and decided to get a Zweigle's cart to sell hot dogs at the ball games. Next thing you know he had like 3 carts. I saw his cart on Main St. in '09, and had to pull over and check it out. He started selling packs of dogs from the cart, and was trying to negotiate with the company to be the distributor down here.

Weber's you can find at Costo, far as I know Columbia and Greenville. Wish we could get Sahlen's here.
Publix at Five Forks has Sahlens.

Old 08-16-2021, 05:02 PM

275 posts, read 285,216 times
Both Sahlen & Wardynski all natural, rock. We recently moved out West but have wonderful friends and family who hooked us up.

You coy try BuffaloFoods.com

Old 08-30-2021, 06:32 PM

100 posts, read 63,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardRoarke View Post
Guy over in town introduced Greenville to Zweigle's. He was laid off from his construction job here in '08, and decided to get a Zweigle's cart to sell hot dogs at the ball games. Next thing you know he had like 3 carts. I saw his cart on Main St. in '09, and had to pull over and check it out. He started selling packs of dogs from the cart, and was trying to negotiate with the company to be the distributor down here.

Weber's you can find at Costo, far as I know Columbia and Greenville. Wish we could get Sahlen's here.
Publix Five Forks has Sahlens.

Old 02-16-2022, 12:22 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,367,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMK View Post
Publix Five Forks has Sahlens.
Publix sells the crappy "smokehouse' version with the collagen casing... those are horrible. They also sell Hofmanns with the natural casing, much better. They were a buy one get one free yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area