Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2023, 09:57 AM

6,416 posts, read 3,134,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
This is nonsense. The problem is the government decided to open the borders and these are the results. There will always be and have always been people fleeing persecution. You have to draw the line somewhere and if not you keep getting more and more until the system collapses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Biden won't even respond to Adams or Hochul - so the ball is in our court here. The Dems created the problem and then left it for others to figure out what to do with all of them. The responsible thing to do is send them all to Delaware to Biden's compound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
Have you ever considered that that is the plan? To collapse the system? They've talked about it and are going in that direction, but why? They've done it before, as when NYC went bankrupt.
Quote:
You'd have to ask Biden not me - he's the one who opened the country to all that want to enter.
Quote:
You sound like a speech writer for the Dems 2024 platform. Blame it on everybody but the people responsible for it. Just explain away everything, obfuscating the real issue and cause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2023, 10:13 AM

93,234 posts, read 123,842,121 times
Quote:
You sound like a speech writer for the Dems 2024 platform. Blame it on everybody but the people responsible for it. Just explain away everything, obfuscating the real issue and cause.
No, if anything, I blame/blamed both parties, but I think you have a hard time doing so, even after viewing more information. It is called thinking for one's self and actually offering a solution to an ongoing problem. After all, I don't have an election to win or skin in the game.

I'll say it again, closing the border is only one part of the illegal immigration issue, as most come in other ways. Don't shoot the messenger.

Also, why it is occurring: https://www.cato.org/blog/us-labor-d...al-immigration

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 09-06-2023 at 10:27 AM..

Old 09-06-2023, 10:38 AM

6,407 posts, read 4,901,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
No, if anything, I blame/blamed both parties, but I think you have a hard time doing so, even after viewing more information. It is called thinking for one's self and actually offering a solution to an ongoing problem. After all, I don't have an election to win or skin in the game.

I'll say it again, closing the border is only one part of the illegal immigration issue, as most come in other ways. Don't shoot the messenger.

Also, why it is occurring: https://www.cato.org/blog/us-labor-d...al-immigration
I can offer all the solutions in the world, but they are not looking for any.

https://apnews.com/article/panama-mi...ll%20of%202022.

Old 09-08-2023, 04:42 AM

11,772 posts, read 5,785,673 times
Quote:

You keep asking the wrong people why this and why that. The illegals could have been processed like refugees if they had legally entered the US. At this point I don't think we have the resources to actually process them all even if we could find them. It takes a long time to verify someone and meanwhile - my tax payer dollars are being spent housing, feeding and schooling them.

Do people overstay their Visas - yes - but these people have already been vetted, most are college educated and actually contributing to society and Homeland Security had a hard time keeping up with them with their limited resources. It's estimated that 584,000 over stayed their visas in 2022 - that's a lot different than the millions of illegals that entered unlawfully.

We are all for legal immigration but against illegal immigration. Try to enter any first world country illegally and see how long you stay. Many of these countries won't let you in unless they deem you an asset to their society. Many who for so long allowed the influx of refugees are now saying no more because of not only the economic impact but the social and criminal impact they've seen.

Despite the fact - I'm all for legal immigration - I say close all avenues of immigration until we get this mess sorted out.

Old 09-08-2023, 07:54 AM

93,234 posts, read 123,842,121 times
Quote:
You keep asking the wrong people why this and why that. The illegals could have been processed like refugees if they had legally entered the US. At this point I don't think we have the resources to actually process them all even if we could find them. It takes a long time to verify someone and meanwhile - my tax payer dollars are being spent housing, feeding and schooling them.

Do people overstay their Visas - yes - but these people have already been vetted, most are college educated and actually contributing to society and Homeland Security had a hard time keeping up with them with their limited resources. It's estimated that 584,000 over stayed their visas in 2022 - that's a lot different than the millions of illegals that entered unlawfully.

We are all for legal immigration but against illegal immigration. Try to enter any first world country illegally and see how long you stay. Many of these countries won't let you in unless they deem you an asset to their society. Many who for so long allowed the influx of refugees are now saying no more because of not only the economic impact but the social and criminal impact they've seen.

Despite the fact - I'm all for legal immigration - I say close all avenues of immigration until we get this mess sorted out.
Keep in mind that I'm referring to asylum seekers, not illegal immigrants. That is my point if they are identified as such. In turn, I'm asking why aren't they processed as such like refugees are? That is the difference from what I'm saying and what you are saying.

Old 09-08-2023, 07:56 AM

6,407 posts, read 4,901,771 times
An unprocessed asylum seeker is an illegal immigrant. Everyone crossing the border can claim to be an asylum seeker. Its just semantics

Old 09-08-2023, 04:09 PM

6,416 posts, read 3,134,333 times
Quote:
An unprocessed asylum seeker is an illegal immigrant. Everyone crossing the border can claim to be an asylum seeker. Its just semantics

These thronging, undocumented masses are turning the US into an asylum!!!!

Old 09-09-2023, 01:03 PM

Well her idea to raise money is to have the State Police to do additional background checks for anyone buying a gun or ammo. An additional $9 fee for the gun and $2,50 for ammo. You do realize criminals won't be paying this as they get their guns and ammo from the underground.

Old 09-09-2023, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Keep in mind that I'm referring to asylum seekers, not illegal immigrants. That is my point if they are identified as such. In turn, I'm asking why aren't they processed as such like refugees are? That is the difference from what I'm saying and what you are saying.
Right now - all the illegals are saying they are seeking asylum - so they are all one and the same.

Old 09-09-2023, 01:22 PM

5,686 posts, read 4,086,058 times
Quote:
Well her idea to raise money is to have the State Police to do additional background checks for anyone buying a gun or ammo. An additional $9 fee for the gun and $2,50 for ammo. You do realize criminals won't be paying this as they get their guns and ammo from the underground.
NYS laws are not created for their effectiveness. All that really maters is the appearance of doing something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area