Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2023, 05:38 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,896,864 times

Advertisements

Please highlight the South Park thread so I can start posting on it. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2023, 06:02 AM

Default Retired state environmental engineer speaks out against Kensington Expressway project

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news...ssway-project/

Old 11-19-2023, 06:04 AM

Default East Side Parkways Coalition calls for pause on Kensington Expressway Project

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news...mo-link-block1

"Still Governor Kathy Hochul and the DOT say it’s the tunnel or nothing at this point, not guaranteeing Kensington funding will stay in Buffalo if public opinion continues to shift.

“Buffalo needs that money. So, we need to understand this project and how can we come together to talk to the governor and the D.O.T. To keep that money and let’s utilize it the way Buffalo needs it,” concluded Founder at Jes Breathe Cancer Awareness Group, Gina Davis."

Old 11-19-2023, 08:04 AM

5,679 posts, read 4,081,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news...mo-link-block1

"Still Governor Kathy Hochul and the DOT say it’s the tunnel or nothing at this point, not guaranteeing Kensington funding will stay in Buffalo if public opinion continues to shift.

“Buffalo needs that money. So, we need to understand this project and how can we come together to talk to the governor and the D.O.T. To keep that money and let’s utilize it the way Buffalo needs it,” concluded Founder at Jes Breathe Cancer Awareness Group, Gina Davis."
Why does Buffalo "need" so much money? Just look at the Buffalo Billion I & II. Both went to mostly ineffective projects. This seems like another. Didn't the east side just get $100 million because of the Tops shootings and $100 million from the stadium project?

How does Rochester and other upstate cities manage without these huge influxes of cash?

Old 11-19-2023, 08:33 AM

93,195 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
Why does Buffalo "need" so much money? Just look at the Buffalo Billion I & II. Both went to mostly ineffective projects. This seems like another. Didn't the east side just get $100 million because of the Tops shootings and $100 million from the stadium project?

How does Rochester and other upstate cities manage without these huge influxes of cash?
It is actually federal funding that goes through the state. This was stated in an interview I suggested to everyone on here. So, this is federal funding through the state versus state money being used for the Buffalo Billion. Meaning, you have to follow the different streams of funding.

Syracuse is getting federal funding for the I-81 viaduct project in the same manner.

Other cities may get funding of some degree that aren’t as publicized and why I try to post a lot of development/funding information on here, as it may be information that isn’t as well known.

Keep in mind that this is use it or lose it funding, which was also mentioned in the interview.

Old 11-19-2023, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
It is actually federal funding that goes through the state. This was stated in an interview I suggested to everyone on here. So, this is federal funding through the state versus state money being used for the Buffalo Billion. Meaning, you have to follow the different streams of funding.

Syracuse is getting federal funding for the I-81 viaduct project in the same manner.

Other cities may get funding of some degree that aren’t as publicized and why I try to post a lot of development/funding information on here, as it may be information that isn’t as well known.

Keep in mind that this is use it or lose it funding, which was also mentioned in the interview.
Another dodge, but the question was "why does Buffalo "Need" so much money"

Old 11-19-2023, 10:28 AM

6,414 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
Another dodge, but the question was "why does Buffalo "Need" so much money"
I agree, because "federal funding" or not, it still comes from the taxpayers' pockets!

Old 11-19-2023, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
I agree, because "federal funding" or not, it still comes from the taxpayers' pockets!
I agree, but I'm still waiting to hear why they always "need" all of this money. I would think a better solution would be to develop the adjacent roads as commercial corridors. That would push homes away from the expressway and it's fumes, and create jobs right in the neighborhood, without huge taxpayer expenditures. There's plenty of traffic passing by daily.

Old 11-19-2023, 02:29 PM

"Still Governor Kathy Hochul and the DOT say it’s the tunnel or nothing at this point, not guaranteeing Kensington funding will stay in Buffalo if public opinion continues to shift."

Like I have been posting here for weeks, here comes another Piece Bridge fiasco where nothing will come of this, adios 1 Billion

https://www.peacebridge.com/index.ph...ign-to-change-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7vMZfSR7Mw

Old 11-19-2023, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
"Still Governor Kathy Hochul and the DOT say it’s the tunnel or nothing at this point, not guaranteeing Kensington funding will stay in Buffalo if public opinion continues to shift."

Like I have been posting here for weeks, here comes another Piece Bridge fiasco where nothing will come of this, adios 1 Billion

https://www.peacebridge.com/index.ph...ign-to-change-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7vMZfSR7Mw
Brian Higgins is leaving Congress, so it probably won't get done. I believe there is a private developer building a new bridge between Detroit and Windsor. I would think if there was a need here, someone could step up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area