Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2008, 12:32 AM

129 posts, read 251,008 times

Advertisements

Part 1

YouTube - Juneteenth Buffalo New York 2008 part 1

Part 2:

YouTube - Juneteenth Buffalo New York part 2

Part 3: dora the explorer, community missions, African American police association, puerto rican pride, drill teams and more)

YouTube - Juneteenth Buffalo New York part 3

Part 4:New York State police

YouTube - Juneteenth Buffalo New York part 4

Part 5: Young Miss Buffalo Pageant contestants

YouTube - Juneteenth Buffalo New York part 5

Part 6: (Omega mentoring program, basketball, little league teams, emancipation proclamation, color guard, boys and girls club and other organizations)

YouTube - Juneteenth Buffalo New York part 6

Part 7: (Mayor Byron Brown procession, literacy organizations and other organizations)

YouTube - Juneteenth Buffalo New York part 7

Part 8: (Drill team)

YouTube - Juneteenth Buffalo New York part 8

Part 9: (Drill team, Girl Scouts)

YouTube - Juneteenth Buffalo New York part 9

Part 10: (Obama Campaign "ITS OBAMA TIME!", 1199 SEIU Organization, Kwanzaa committee)

YouTube - Juneteenth Buffalo New York part 10

Part 11: (Religious organizations, drill teams, Home organization)

YouTube - Juneteenth Buffalo New York part 11

This is the last part I could film because my batteries were dying and I had to leave. There were many more organizations and participants in the parade. I apologize for not being able to film the entire thing.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 10:53 PM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,790 posts, read 4,155,161 times
Here in Milwaukee, the Juneteenth celebration now requires a substantial police presence due to all the violence and criminal activity that has taken place in previous years.
Is the same thing happening in Buffalo, or is the "Juneteenth" crowd somehow better behaved there?

Old 08-15-2008, 11:59 AM

93,375 posts, read 124,009,048 times
Not sure about Buffalo, but Syracuse had problems last year. That is a rarity though and it was fine this year, which is usually the case.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:33 PM

129 posts, read 251,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
Here in Milwaukee, the Juneteenth celebration now requires a substantial police presence due to all the violence and criminal activity that has taken place in previous years.
Is the same thing happening in Buffalo, or is the "Juneteenth" crowd somehow better behaved there?
Sounds like when they have the tire burning pits out at the summit park mall in Wheatfield. (A suburb of Niagara Falls)

The one hosted by the rock station 103.3 the edge I believe?

Talk about massive police presence.

And as far as Buffalo? I dont believe anything happened there. I was there for the beginning of the parade and I walked around the stands.

Its funny. There are some that thought I would be harmed considering Im white but nobody did anything to me. And I had a very good time. As I did at the African American fest in the Falls.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:40 PM

93,375 posts, read 124,009,048 times
Default Exactly.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Funky View Post
Sounds like when they have the tire burning pits out at the summit park mall in Wheatfield. (A suburb of Niagara Falls)

The one hosted by the rock station 103.3 the edge I believe?

Talk about massive police presence.

And as far as Buffalo? I dont believe anything happened there. I was there for the beginning of the parade and I walked around the stands.

Its funny. There are some that thought I would be harmed considering Im white but nobody did anything to me. And I had a very good time. As I did at the African American fest in the Falls.

Here in Syracuse, you get all kinds of people for the cultural festivals that usually take place downtown. You get White people that go to the Juneteenth here too, as you get Black people that go to say the Polish Festival as well. You get other types of people at both as well. So, it's alright to enjoy variety of cultural festivals and celebrations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area