Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 09:46 PM

3 posts, read 12,403 times

Advertisements

I'm from Jamestown New York, and Buffalo and Cheektowaga,New York My roots are there and I have love for all of those people.I have been here in SanDiego California,for the past 20 plus years and I haven't been home in years.It Is still a beautiful place to live, and raise a family.If It wasn't so darn cold you can bet your sweet bottom dollar I would be right there.Unlike San Diego cost of living-excessive Traffic,road rage PPl still texting/Talking on phones- ppl not wearing their seat belts.Not good at all.I love and miss the snow, and family but, can't take to much cold BUUUUURRRRR.Love you all western NEW YORKERS From a Chargers point of view.Much Love Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 11:17 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,204,163 times
Jamestown is a great little city. Even if I move when I retire, I'm not going too far, possibly up to Dunkirk or Westfield to be closer to the lake or back to my hometown, Gowanda.

I wouldn't mind milder winters, though, but I sure couldn't take the killer summers in the South. I think I need to buy a motorhome when I retire and go visit all my friends who retired south during the winter!

Old 06-27-2013, 07:59 PM

969 posts, read 2,074,286 times
I hear you antonio... I didn't grow up in this area but have been drawn to SW NY since college. I'm one of the few people that loves this unique little climate of mild green summers, crisp colorful falls, and snowy as all heck winters... go in any direction from SW NY and the climate worsens in my mind!

Old 06-27-2013, 09:00 PM

879 posts, read 1,631,944 times
Personally I wish the City of Buffalo got a bit more snow.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:19 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,818,391 times
Solution to more snow? Move to the southern tier or to Watertown.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:07 PM

879 posts, read 1,631,944 times
Easy enough, I just drive there when I want it.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:40 AM

2,909 posts, read 4,272,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio50 View Post
PPl still texting/Talking on phones
I can't speak to Jamestown but I live in Western/Central NY and walk everywhere possible. Most of my walking would be in Oneida/Syracuse/Herkimer NY plus Tampa Area FL and Seattle WA.

In NY to see a driver not texting is startling. I would guess that less then 1 driver per 1000000 here had the slightest idea whats happening around them.

Have you ever seen those lines many areas paint at intersections and call them "crosswalks"?? In NY they are called "kill zones". And when you walk and enter a kill zone you have two types of walkers. The quick and the dead. Clearly I am of the quick.

Its not even like NY drivers are full of hate or anything, they don't even look up. NY drivers will kill a dog or child or YOU and the only reaction is to Twitter "just hit a HUGE pothole LOL".

Florida is much better with the texting but traffic can be high and roads wide so walking is a crap shoot.

Seattle is very walker friendly. Its refreshing to enter a kill zone and realize its called a crosswalk.

Old 07-04-2013, 03:00 PM

2,349 posts, read 5,437,357 times
In all fairness, If this:

Quote:
I have been here in SanDiego California,for the past 20 plus years and I haven't been home in years.
Then how do you know people in Western New York aren't doing this too (cost of living excepted of course)?

Quote:
Unlike San Diego cost of living-excessive Traffic,road rage PPl still texting/Talking on phones- ppl not wearing their seat belts.Not good at all.
By the way, there is a huge Bills Backers club in San Diego:

SAN DIEGO BILLS BACKERS CLUB
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area