Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 06:44 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,348,962 times

Advertisements

Keep the Buffalo Bills at their loyal home of Buffalo, New York.

I came across this website, and Channel 4 news did a special on it as well saying that once they have 5,000 petition signers, they will hopefully present the Petition to the NFL.

SO please, sign the petition to keep the Bills in Buffalo - I just signed it as well, this is so vital for our community's future!

BillsInBuffalo4Ever
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 09:07 PM

414 posts, read 1,505,630 times
send them packing. they are a tax drain

Old 09-23-2008, 08:21 AM

5,265 posts, read 16,592,671 times
I'm confused...I hadn't heard any real plans to move them to another city. Did I miss something?

Old 09-23-2008, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesuicide View Post
send them packing. they are a tax drain
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You're hilarious. No, not a very thoughtful or considerate comment you had there. You must be the only one I or anybody else in Buffalo knows of that doesn't want them to stay here. hmphf.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
I'm confused...I hadn't heard any real plans to move them to another city. Did I miss something?
No, there aren't any TRUE plans, but this petition apparently helps aid in keeping the team here after the owner, Ralph Wilson, passes on.

Only some talk of moving the team to Toronto, but that is very unlikely due to the fact that Canada doesn't want our teams, they want them to stay at their home in the states.

Thus, it is plausible and possibly likely that the Buffalo Bills move to a much larger city in the USA all due to the NFL's greed in money.

So, in conclusion, I state that this petition that is being signed opposes the team's move to another city and therefore keeping the team in their home of Buffalo, New York.

Hope this helped

Old 09-23-2008, 10:32 PM

414 posts, read 1,505,630 times
oh come on. are you kidding me? I can't be the only one. football fans are so exhuasting with their drunking idiocy. The bills have been a disappointment year after year and only add to the low morale. The players get av free pass to run people down in the road and snub their nose at the law. We pay big bucks for them to be here and to top it all off their chronic season losses probably directly contribute to spousal, child and animal abuse.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:48 PM

51 posts, read 116,106 times
Default Love em but not THAT much!!!

When you factor in the cost of an NFL franchise, the direction the league appears to be going (International at some point I believe), and the cost of the latest and greatest stadiums recently built, then the answer may be a bit more clear.

The problems we are experiencing in the financial banking industry as well as Wall St will have a dramatically negative impact on NYS, which in turn may bring back the red and green budget days here in Erie county.

That being said, who is going to pay for this $750,000,000 to $1 billion stadium? Who wants to pay $100-$200 for each ticket plus an annual seat license giving you the right to buy your tickets. Better yet, who can afford to?

I am as big a Bills booster as the nest guy. We can't afford to pass on this debt to our children and grand children, just to "talk proud" for a few months a year.

Last edited by accbqjx; 09-25-2008 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-29-2008, 08:43 AM

4,135 posts, read 10,817,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesuicide View Post
oh come on. are you kidding me? I can't be the only one. football fans are so exhuasting with their drunking idiocy. The bills have been a disappointment year after year and only add to the low morale. The players get av free pass to run people down in the road and snub their nose at the law. We pay big bucks for them to be here and to top it all off their chronic season losses probably directly contribute to spousal, child and animal abuse.
4-0 as of yesterday.
Chronic losses? Not this year.

Where are your stats for abuse? Your are off the wall with comments.

If you don't like them, don't patronize or watch them

Old 10-03-2008, 06:49 PM

137 posts, read 316,270 times
Who cares if theu have a winning season or not, my father before he passed away last year has had season tickets since as long as I can remember. I love going to the games. Having the Bills in Buffalo keeps a lot of people's moral up. The Bills leaving Buffalo would have a huge negitive impact.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineFromBuffalo View Post
Who cares if theu have a winning season or not, my father before he passed away last year has had season tickets since as long as I can remember. I love going to the games. Having the Bills in Buffalo keeps a lot of people's moral up. The Bills leaving Buffalo would have a huge negitive impact.
What would Buffalo be without the Bills?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area