Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 11:45 AM

12 posts, read 50,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I never heard that one either. And not much to do, since when?

I've lived in SF, and Madison, and Cambridge, and other "liberal" havens and Burlington is definitely up there in liberalness. It's not too liberal, just about right.

PS: Only a tiny minority of skinheads are racist, if someone didn't know. Most are into apolitical oi/ska, and even northern soul.
PPS: A 2 bedroom for $1450?? Sign me up, you'd have trouble getting a decent one bedroom for that where I live.
PPPS: Kwik Trip is a big gas station/convenience store chain in the midwest, is that racist now??!?!?!?

I'm not upset Burlington is liberal. I like liberal ideas like a higher minimum wage and making drug abuse a medical issue, etc., like a lot of what Seattle does. My concern with Burlington is that it's very boring and a lot of people have been scumbags to us.

I didn't know about different reasons people shave their head. I was thinking they were either bald or nazis. Maybe there is something else wrong with them instead.

Kwik Trip might be racist. I would say there is no evidence for them being racists except that they changed Qu to K and Ck to K so now it looks like 2/3 of a KKK banner. But no, I don't have any proof of that, just a suspicion. I wouldn't have a suspicion if they didn't litter their name with K's, and I think it's at least stupid for a store to open itself up to the suspicion that it's racist for no reason.

Old 07-19-2016, 03:13 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,373,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromlosangeles View Post
You can test this by turning on the radio. Besides a few French channels coming in from Quebec, it's all country music.
Oh my dear heavens! Are you sure it was country music?

Just the thought of that makes me want to lock my kids in our safe room.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT