Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2009, 01:04 PM

4 posts, read 10,771 times

Advertisements

Hi all

I will be moving to Vermont early May. I have a job related to UVM. I dont mind driving 10-20 min every day to work. I was wondering where (like which apartment complex or neighbourhood or suburb) would I get the best deal for 2 bedroom 1.5-2 bath apartment with a garage. i dont mind if its a dupex or townhouse either just want to make sure I am getting best deal for my money. Also would you guys consider renting from private owner better or managed property.

thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 01:32 PM

I am thinking Craigslist is perhaps the best way to look at listings? Does anyone have an opinion on that

Old 12-16-2009, 01:59 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,240,990 times
You might try the 7 Days paper.

Seven Days Classifieds | Vermont Jobs, Apartments, Cars, Services and Stuff
also......
The Burlington Free Press

Welcome.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:59 PM

1,792 posts, read 4,664,601 times
Colchester is about ten minutes fron Burlington and has some rents right now that are about 300-400 less than Burlington. Irf you don't mind a room mate you could get another 300-400 less. Outside of Burlington you will find most properties are private owner. I have not heard any complaints from anyone renting from private owners. The links given in the previous post are your best options.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:37 PM

Colchester seems a nice town.

What do you guys think about comparing colchester with Winooski, Essex junction, south burlington, Shelburne and Williston?

Also if I am to rent from private owner is there certain things gauranteed like maintenance?

thanks in advance

Old 12-20-2009, 06:40 AM

the strangest thing I am noticing that there are a lot of apatments even duplex or townhouses without covered garages I would think such an amenity would be necessary? considering it snows a lot during winter. However I have also heard the street are ploughed very frequently.

Old 12-20-2009, 10:09 AM

894 posts, read 1,560,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch007 View Post
the strangest thing I am noticing that there are a lot of apatments even duplex or townhouses without covered garages I would think such an amenity would be necessary? considering it snows a lot during winter. However I have also heard the street are ploughed very frequently.
Covered storage is at a premium in VT.

Old 12-20-2009, 05:52 PM

1,792 posts, read 4,664,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch007 View Post
Colchester seems a nice town.

What do you guys think about comparing colchester with Winooski, Essex junction, south burlington, Shelburne and Williston?

Also if I am to rent from private owner is there certain things gauranteed like maintenance?

thanks in advance
Winooski does not compare to any of the towns listed. Colchester borders Winooski and that area is not as great. Areas of South Burlington are very developed and are not as desireable. I would say all of the towns with the exception of Winooski are comparable. It all depends on how far from Burlington you are willing to travel. An example would be Essex. On a map it looks close, but with traffic it could take 20 minutes or more depending on where you are coming from to get to Burlington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT