Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 02:16 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,129,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Delegate to whom, sweet pea? I ran a sole proprietorship business with employees who came into work in the evening hours after I'd done all the daily legwork. Outsourcing? Delegating? And who would pay for that? Thank you for giving a lesson in Business 101 when in my latest venture I did just fine for over 15 years. ROFL for true!
All I was saying is that if time is such a limited resource of you that you cannot wait for someone two write a check for two minutes, then you can buy more time by delegating the tasks with money. Money is an unlimited resource, unlike time.

It's not unusual to have an assistant. I have one that runs a good chunk of my errands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2011, 02:24 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,682,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
All I was saying is that if time is such a limited resource of you that you cannot wait for someone two write a check for two minutes, then you can buy more time by delegating the tasks with money. Money is an unlimited resource, unlike time.

It's not unusual to have an assistant. I have one that runs a good chunk of my errands.
Good grief, I do believe you could turn a plate of freshly picked sweet strawberries into one of sour crabapples just by looking at it. In any case, I wasn't talking about waiting for two little minutes for someone to write a cheque, which would have been abundantly clear had you bothered to read instead of scanning. Silly thing.

Old 10-23-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Good grief, I do believe you could turn a plate of freshly picked sweet strawberries into one of sour crabapples just by looking at it. In any case, I wasn't talking about waiting for two little minutes for someone to write a cheque, which would have been abundantly clear had you bothered to read instead of scanning. Silly thing.
2 minutes, 20 minutes, or whatever you consider enough to be "behind the 8-ball". There are time management techniques in which you have control.

Old 10-23-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
2 minutes, 20 minutes, or whatever you consider enough to be "behind the 8-ball". There are time management techniques in which you have control.
Yes, great guru. When I open up my next business I'll be sure to take all your words of wisdom into consideration. In the meantime I trust that you will soon develop a semblance of a sense of humor which is rather an invaluable asset to have whatever one's age or position in life.

Old 10-23-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Yes, great guru. When I open up my next business I'll be sure to take all your words of wisdom into consideration. In the meantime I trust that you will soon develop a semblance of a sense of humor which is rather an invaluable asset to have whatever one's age or position in life.
It worked for my 4 businesses. And they're still ticking.

Old 10-23-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
It worked for my 4 businesses. And they're still ticking.
You really are a nouveau riche, aren't you. But everything is good and I am picking up my gauntlet as I have things to do, leaving you secure in having had the last word.

Old 10-23-2011, 04:01 PM

323 posts, read 528,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlefty23 View Post
its not just the 2 mins
like i said i have no problem letting someone skip me if i have a lot and they have a little- its about consideration
if you unnecessarily hold up a line with bull**** like paying with a check you clearly have no regard for anyone elses time

have you ever been stuck behind a car that stops to have a conversation with the person in the car next to them and you cant get by? you sit there like an ******* for a minute or 2 because these people are completely self centered with no regard for anyone else.this is a lot different than sitting at a light for a minute even though its the same amount of time.paying by check is the same thing.
A lot of older people I know in their 50-80's do not believe in debit cards or carrying lots of cash. They use checks. They are not purposely trying to be inconsiderate. At some stores, you don even have to completely fill out the check- the check is quickly scanned and they give the check back to you. The money comes out the account like a debt card.

Old 10-23-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sankofa View Post
A lot of older people I know in their 50-80's do not believe in debit cards or carrying lots of cash. They use checks. They are not purposely trying to be inconsiderate. At some stores, you don even have to completely fill out the check- the check is quickly scanned and they give the check back to you. The money comes out the account like a debt card.
And people act like using checks is wrong even though that's how it's been done for 50 years. Imagine the next set of folks complaining because the shopper had to take time to swipe a credit card rather than use NFC for payment.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:16 AM

1,552 posts, read 3,167,756 times
Quote:
And people act like using checks is wrong even though that's how it's been done for 50 years. Imagine the next set of folks complaining because the shopper had to take time to swipe a credit card rather than use NFC for payment.
i already said i have no problem with older people who use checks

other than that who cares if it has been done that way for 50 years
people used a horse and buggy for longer than that, then a better more efficient way came along and people adapted

why not crap in an outhouse, go to a well for your water and use an icebox while youre at it?

Old 11-03-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlefty23 View Post
i already said i have no problem with older people who use checks

other than that who cares if it has been done that way for 50 years
people used a horse and buggy for longer than that, then a better more efficient way came along and people adapted

why not crap in an outhouse, go to a well for your water and use an icebox while youre at it?
I don't have a problem or complain about people who use buggies and/or outhouses. Frankly, it doesn't bug me enough to care. Same with people using checks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business