Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 12:01 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,643,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbill View Post
This is my impression of "the business" as I understand it. Please Jacob, if I'm mistaken I'm sure you will try and correct me:

How it goes:
1. You are contacted by a Quixtar member and they convince you to become a member and part of their "downline". Your "upline" is the person who recruited you as well as the person who recruited them, etc..all that way back to Quixtar.

2. You send Quixtar a membership fee (40-100 bucks), they send you a "member's kit"...catalogs and order forms for energy drinks, nutritional supplements, etc., etc.

3. You now go out and sell your wares, and also try and recruit your family/friends to become members and sell Quixtar products also. Hence, you are establishing your own downline...Quixtar tells you this is where "the real money" is and tells you it your moral responsibility to mentor your downline.

4. Why establish a downline? Anything a person in your downline sells, you get a cut of it. More folks in your downline, the more you make. Anything YOU sell, the portion of the profits goes to the people in your upline (the person that recruited you).

Ways Quixtar makes money off of you:
1. membership fee
2. products you sell
3. products you buy for yourself (Quixtar recommends that you use the products you sell...convenient, huh?).
4. By charging you to attend "business meetings", selling you motivational tapes and videos.

OK...if you read this far and still think its a good deal, here is the Kicker....

YOU ARE ALL SELLING THE SAME PRODUCTS!!!!!

Seriously, how do you expect to make money selling something, ANYTHING when all of your friends and family are running around your hometown trying to sell the same crap?

Quixtar and your upline don't care about this, they will make their money when ANY of you sell something. Its always the bottom rung of the ladder that have to fight over the scraps.

That's my impression of "the business"
Not only are you selling same product, you're selling the product at the same marked up price. Sorry I just can't see myself being "brand loyal" to an MLM business, when I can buy the same type product locally for less money.

Bernie Madoff had an MLM too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 08:21 AM

1,402 posts, read 3,501,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Not only are you selling same product, you're selling the product at the same marked up price. Sorry I just can't see myself being "brand loyal" to an MLM business, when I can buy the same type product locally for less money.

Bernie Madoff had an MLM too!

Yeah, I'm guessing that since Jacob hasn't been back to defend "the business" we can only assume that we brought up some valid concerns that he could not address...

Old 03-10-2009, 04:04 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,157,785 times
Guys the last post from Jacob was from Jan 2008.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:58 AM

2 posts, read 4,611 times
Post amway is a tired company no money in it as a business

amway has kind of stained the reputation for online business.especially as new people are looking to build there own business,people usually say is it amway...just got a bad rep.expensive products.

i love internet marketing and very successfull at it.. it surprises me that people still enroll into amway.here in australia they hate amway, cost them too much money to try and build there own business.my mate has been with amway for 4 years not made a bean,i told him to get onboard a couple of my ventures on the net which would of earnt him around $3,000 a week but he still thinks amway is a better business,but no residule to show for it.he might wake up and smell the coffee.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:58 AM

77 posts, read 238,249 times
Amway now has commercials. That will make them see more of a legitimate company

Old 04-01-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassholic View Post
Amway now has commercials. That will make them see more of a legitimate company
Do you believe everything you commercial you see on TV? People are hunting for bargains not higher prices.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:25 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,686,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Do you believe everything you commercial you see on TV? People are hunting for bargains not higher prices.
That is why it is important to expand the hunt for new suckers in far away places....(from Amway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia):

Amway expanded overseas to Australia in 1971, to Europe in 1973, to parts of Asia in 1974, to Japan in 1979, to Latin America in 1985, to China in 1995, to Africa in 1997, to India and Scandinvia in 1998, to Russia in 2005, and to Vietnam in 2008. In 2008 two thirds of Amway's 58 markets reported sales increases, including strong growth in the China, Russia and India markets. [16]. Amway India sales grew 40% to 1128 crore (US$230million)[17].

Old 04-05-2009, 06:37 PM

1 posts, read 3,478 times
So how come my neighbors are pulling in a 6 figure income from Quixtar? And they started last October. They have been to 3 different states all paid expenses. And they are loving every minute of it.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianMomma View Post
So how come my neighbors are pulling in a 6 figure income from Quixtar? And they started last October. They have been to 3 different states all paid expenses. And they are loving every minute of it.
That's easy, your neighbors are selling drugs Amway is just a cover.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:21 AM

1,402 posts, read 3,501,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianMomma View Post
Ever occur to you they are just telling you they make 6 figures so that you would be convinced to join and be part of their down-line?

You'll hear this from every Quixtar person...they'll go on and on about how "the business" has improved their lives, how much money they make, how happy they are...etc., etc.,

Don't believe me? Ask them for some proof of their 6 figure earnings. Anyone who is interested in selling their business and attaching new investors should be able to provide this kind of information.

Oh, they won't show you any proof?....no kidding!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business