Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 08:26 AM

3,820 posts, read 8,748,805 times

Advertisements

Pink Truth – Facts, opinions, and the real story behind Mary Kay Cosmetics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 11:16 AM

10,503 posts, read 7,043,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristihines View Post
I see a lot of posts in this forum about the legitimacy of MLM companies, most recently Primerica. If you're interested in network marketing or MLM / multi-level marketing companies, then here are the best five resources to use when researching them.

* The Better Business Bureau (if they are US based or have headquarters in the US).

* The Glassdoor rating and reviews given by current and former employees (including distributors) of what it is like to work with the company.

* The website itself to learn about the company and its products.

* The Facebook page of the company to find out if you have any friends who may be employees, distributors, or customers of the company.

* The LinkedIn page of the company to see if you have any friends who may be employees or distributors of the company.

If you're looking for your first direct sales or MLM opportunity, then I suggest using these sources for the company you are researching to find out if it is a good fit for you.

I hope this helps in your research!
OR, if you see the term MLM applied to anything at all, immediately delete the e-mail or burn the brochure.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:17 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,224,257 times
Here is a really good read for those who enjoy MLM horror stories like I do.
https://ellebeaublog.com/2017/02/01/...ing-reeled-in/

Old 05-02-2018, 03:22 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,139,048 times
The more i read this the more I see what a SCAM it is. Holding back on that liquid gold item to push push people to but even MORE product?

That Tania and Scarlett, with their talents, why something as puny as a MLM? Like selling site unseen desert property in Florida.

And Elle was becoming the same sort of huckster.

But I loved Scarlett's "farewell" video.

Hun is a good nickname for these women. Like in Attila.

Saddest thing is pressuring friends and family to join or buy and compromising valued relationships.

Great story nonetheless.

Old 05-05-2018, 04:34 AM

4,150 posts, read 3,906,215 times
If you want to be a salesman, there are better sales opportunities than MLM. You will get benefits too.

Old 02-09-2019, 02:11 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,477,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Do people know in the MLM world there are incentive trips or people who do build a business do have an option of passing on the book of business or be sold at death?

People can yell scam all day but for all that say no there are some people making good money. There's a saying the MLM world can find a place for people from jail to Yale and all in between. Those who want a chance can get a chance.

As for companies such as Primerica they are highly regulated and to market financial products requires a licence. If your against sales stay away. If you want a chance to do something big of course no guarantee find a company with a product or service you like and make an educated decision.
If you gamble, you also have a chance to make money. You also have a chance when you play the lottery. They dangle that carrot called "a chance" to try to sucker you in, and keep you in for as long as possible while they keep pressuring you to buy the product yourself. You also need to recruit more downlines, and good luck this day in age.

People have posted that MLMs are mostly shams. Their brochures support it (read the fine print), people have done the math and shown that you work a full time job, but only get a measly paycheck, and you've got scores of user experiences online to show just how awful it was.

Old 03-12-2019, 03:44 PM

214 posts, read 140,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
If you gamble, you also have a chance to make money. You also have a chance when you play the lottery. They dangle that carrot called "a chance" to try to sucker you in, and keep you in for as long as possible while they keep pressuring you to buy the product yourself. You also need to recruit more downlines, and good luck this day in age.

People have posted that MLMs are mostly shams. Their brochures support it (read the fine print), people have done the math and shown that you work a full time job, but only get a measly paycheck, and you've got scores of user experiences online to show just how awful it was.

That certainly explains why 43,336 licensed reps left the force in 2018, a force that started out the year with 126,121 licensed reps. Add to that the 250,000+ recruits who left.

Old 07-23-2019, 01:09 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
I'm using a health product now and so is my daughter that is truly changing our lives and it's thru the direct marketing avenue.

I found a life changing health supplement back in 1995 that has changed my life and I still take it going on 25 yrs.

And yet this stigma is so attached to MLM or Direct marketing and as I see it it's one of the best ways to get the word out to others, word of mouth..

They are NOT scams, just the way the developer chose to get the product out to the public.

For me in my long life, nothing like word of mouth to another person on how something has helped them or has not.

I resent how pharma can get away with what they do to get their stuff into the minds of the innocent suffering people, spend millions$$$ on all types of tv or paper ads. And jack prices up as is done and then the insurance business...good lord.

Old 07-23-2019, 01:27 PM

23,310 posts, read 18,852,325 times
Looks like someone on this thread missed the primary point of it.

Old 07-23-2019, 02:41 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
If you want to be a salesman, there are better sales opportunities than MLM. You will get benefits too.
How is that, go to work for someone else and Hopefully get a good paycheck and sell things you WOULD NOT buy... I did that for some time in my life, but would do that no more. If I would NOT buy it I can't sell it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business