Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 12:10 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times

Advertisements

Pssssst! It's DESERT - not "dessert. A dessert is a sweet snack you eat after dinner. A DESERT is an arid region.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 12:47 AM

6 posts, read 19,658 times
Default Dessert in the Desert

typo, happens to the best of us. now if i could just figure out why the edit icon has been removed from my post. now i have no way of deleting it.

Old 09-19-2010, 02:20 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,703,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _SL8R_ View Post
typo, happens to the best of us. now if i could just figure out why the edit icon has been removed from my post. now i have no way of deleting it.
This depends on a few factors. First if it's the initial thread post you have to ask an admin to remove it with good cause - like a duplicate thread or something. If it's a follow-up post them I think the Edit option times out after so many minutes. So no editing it after that.

Derek

Old 09-19-2010, 08:48 PM

8 posts, read 17,175 times
Angry Not California

To retire is nice. California has a about a 9.3% income tax which they want to raise to close to 14 % next year. If you like paying for hand outs and not hand ups this is the state for you. I grew up and live 15 minutes from Oceanside. I am currently trying to get out of this handout state. Come on in, I'm sure they could use the money.
Unless there are medical reasons or you are so used to the tropical weather, I would look hard to move east of this state. The locals on Maui are getting hard to live with, well the people of this state who abuse the free hand out system are as bad if not worse. Hope you enjoy paying for someone not to have any incentive to get ahead in life when they can just get it for free on the backs of the tax payers.
The weather is awesome here, but the cost is not worth it.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:42 AM

1,496 posts, read 2,439,343 times
20 years, a long time , i don't care it

Old 09-20-2010, 11:57 AM

664 posts, read 1,946,808 times
How about Palm Springs? If you are willing to live in Temecula consider Palm Springs. Gay mecca of the southwest. Several sourrounding communties that are not as spendy as Palm Springs itself.
I live in Oceanside and it's pretty transient to (people move in and out a lot) because of the huge military population here. Good luck!

Old 03-17-2011, 11:21 AM

6 posts, read 19,488 times
SL8R, it's interesting to hear your feedback, and learn where you landed. My partner and I are soon to retire; bought a place on Maui in 2009. Now I'm having second thoughts about moving 2600 miles away. We go over every 6 months for a few weeks, and although I'm tired of Seattle, I'm always glad to come home...despite Seattle's sucky weather and traffic. We're not rich, but can likely survive there...my concerns is missing lifelong friends, family, and ease of travel. I uess there are pro's and con's to every location...being gay makes it a little more challenging...and where to land. Hope to hear from you. Alex
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California