Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2010, 08:31 PM

56 posts, read 111,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Liberalism and illegal aliens
Ah yes, liberalism, that nasty thinking that gave us the United States, defeated fascism, ended segregation, gave us our National Parks and Forests.

And those illegal aliens, Charles Fremont, Kit Carson, Stephen Kearny, Commodore Stockton, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 08:36 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,162,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highnlite. View Post
I think this is one of those urban myths. For a start, no Mexican is going to say stuff like, "We own this state now". Any of them who know their history will say, "We have owned this state since 1821 despite the illegal invasion and occupation by the Norte Americanos".
The mexican government sold the southwest. We paid for it with money and bought it fair and square. This was after we destroyed the mexican army on the ground and were poised to sack their cities. We could have pilfered that country but we were quite fair. But thats the american way.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:40 PM

3 posts, read 3,682 times
If you got a Loan on a house and your a first time buyer, and you said you were single, knowing you were married. The spouse has bad credit and no job. Now you both are back together, and living in the house is it ok for me to sign my spouses name on the deed of the house.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:43 PM

I do not sit on the state bar. It is there for illegal for me to offer you legal advise or services

Old 10-20-2010, 08:45 PM

3 posts, read 3,682 times
Question Should the name be on the Deed!

I got a loan in my name and said, i was not married. Knowing i was, first time home owner/buyer. Now we are back together and is it ok for my spouse name to go on the deed?

Old 10-20-2010, 08:48 PM

Try the legal section or real estate section

Old 10-20-2010, 08:58 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamfollower View Post
And the nonesense continues.

Now the conversation veers off to defending a point which was never the issue - so-called discrimination against the Mexican culture.

I am not fond of illegal immigrants. If within this group the majority at the present time happens to be Mexican, then I am saying that I am not fond of Mexican illegal immigrants. If there are any other ethnicities which are here illegally, too, I will also say I am not fond of any illegal immigrant of that particular culture, also.

If the above makes me a racist, I suggest you look up the definition and remind yourself of it. ...
Uh, actually, if you go back to the beginning of this thread, you will read the OP's racist remarks -- which include the suggestion that it would be fine to shoot 'Mexicans' in the head -- and which remarks did not include any reference to 'illegals', just 'Mexicans'. That was, indeed, a major issue of the original post.

That said, if one has an issue with 'illegal immigration', surely that is a valid point for discussion -- and there are many interesting and valid related issues to evaluate. On the other hand, broadly painting 'Mexicans' with a brush of 'illegal' and or 'gangbangers and criminals', or even as sapping the American welfare system, has been repetitive here and is just plain uninformed and is racist. Other than any native Americans who may be participating on this forum, and many blacks whose ancestors were forcibly brought to America as slaves, every one of us is here because, somewhere in our various lineages, there was a strong desire for a better life perceived possible in America. Mexicans and Hispanics are people in that group, just the same as are white, Anglo-Saxon Europeans. And, btw, get used to "them", the Hispanics -- because they are the fastest growing segment of the new America. Furthermore, their 'culture' is hardly limited to many of the deprecatory depictions made in some postings in this thread.

Gangbangers and thieves and lazy leeches come in all sizes, shapes, colors, religions, and ethnic backgrounds -- including white. The Mexicans have a vibrant, rich culture as full of family values as anyone -- and their positive stamp on the history and present positive state of California (yes, there are many positives still to California) is as deep as any, perhaps more so. Argue illegal immigration till you are blue in the face (and see how quickly others discriminate against you for being blue! ) -- but to those who do not specify, as you have, that they are simply against any 'illegals' being tolerated, show some integrity and grace and lay off the unfounded racism that comes from generalizing negative racial stereotypes.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:57 AM

56 posts, read 111,181 times
Quote:
The mexican government sold the southwest. We paid for it with money and bought it fair and square. This was after we destroyed the mexican army on the ground and were poised to sack their cities. We could have pilfered that country but we were quite fair. But thats the american way.
Hoo boy, yes they sold it in a manner akin to a burglar breaking into your home, stealing half your stuff, leaving you a 20 dollar bill and saying I didn't steal your stuff, I bought it.

The US invaded Mexico in order to take California. The US invaded with 5 armies (one of which, the California invasion force came within a hairs breadth of being defeated at the battle of San Pasqual).

The US occupied Mexico City and Mexico's Pacific ports for two years, stole half of Mexico, forced Mexico to sign a treaty "selling" half of their country to the US.

Quote:
We could have pilfered that country but we were quite fair. But thats the american way
You don't consider invading, occupying, and taking half of some one else's country "pilfering"?? hoo boy.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:42 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,634 times
If it weren't for liberals, slavery would still be legal, women wouldn't have the right to vote and the civil rights movement never would have happened. Hell, if it weren't for liberals, the United States wouldn't even exist. The idea that every man should be equal and should have representation in his government, was extremely liberal in the 18th century.

As for the exaggerations about the economy, I certainly haven't seen anyone standing in soup lines yet.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:01 AM

19 posts, read 58,291 times
Talking Negativity feasts upon itself

Perhaps the influx of negativity! Bring your rose-colored shades next time you visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California