Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 07:31 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,909,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Ya but...

It also might be a great time to move to California

State income taxes and sales taxes going up? How much do state and sales taxes really affect you? Is it worth packing up and moving?
When AB32 kicks in (http://cssrc.us/web/42/default.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1 - broken link), thanks to those who voted no on prop 23, cost of living is going to go up a LOT more than just the state taxes, I assure you. Just look at what AB32 does, and it will affect cost of living in EVERY aspect of life in CA. New gas formulations, carbon taxes, cap and trade, utility rate hikes, and on and on and on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 07:42 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,389,847 times
What's sad and pathetic reading some of the statements is how out of sync Republicans are in California. You just do not fit in and to moan about every election is truly such a demoralizing exercise in how angry and impotent you are that it is almost embarrassing to read. It would be like the Texas Rangers bitterly complaining that San Francisco was really a horrible team that should not have won the World Series because the Giants really weren't the best team. Republicans in California are hateful losers who spew their loathing on California every time they lose an election; which is every election and then have the audacity to accuse Californians of being stupid. Who are the stupid ones? The guy who continues to hit on the woman who rejects him for a more appealing man and then accuses the woman of being an idiot? Republicans do not belong in California if they think they can impose their typical agenda on the state; that has been demonstrated over and over again. And the only people who agree with them are out-of-state haters who wish California would be destroyed literally. Great company.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:45 PM

396 posts, read 925,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
That's just a right wing lie. Stanford Business School did a study and 90%+ of the businesses which have left the state moved operations to China not to other states so there just isn't much beyond the usual background noise of businesses moving to other states. As for the laughable claim that "people are leaving the state" that is easily refuted just by pointing out that the state's population keeps going up.

You should learn the facts instead of just repeating proven false talking points.
Keyword would be "native" .. native Californians are leaving and illegal immigrants are replacing them in bigger numbers via rapid reproduction (can't figure out a "nice" way of saying this) and exodus from the drug war zone of Mexico.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:08 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,920 times
Two items responsible for the increase in California's population are the influx of illegals, and their much higher procreation rate as opposed to non-Hispanics.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:15 PM

264 posts, read 616,773 times
Yes, California is a lost cause. The best and brightest of California are leaving by the thousands and leaving the Welfare state behind.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:15 PM

396 posts, read 925,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
What's sad and pathetic reading some of the statements is how out of sync Republicans are in California. You just do not fit in and to moan about every election is truly such a demoralizing exercise in how angry and impotent you are that it is almost embarrassing to read. It would be like the Texas Rangers bitterly complaining that San Francisco was really a horrible team that should not have won the World Series because the Giants really weren't the best team. Republicans in California are hateful losers who spew their loathing on California every time they lose an election; which is every election and then have the audacity to accuse Californians of being stupid. Who are the stupid ones? The guy who continues to hit on the woman who rejects him for a more appealing man and then accuses the woman of being an idiot? Republicans do not belong in California if they think they can impose their typical agenda on the state; that has been demonstrated over and over again. And the only people who agree with them are out-of-state haters who wish California would be destroyed literally. Great company.
I've read one thread you created and I have come to the conclusion that you are the most vile person on this forum.

How many times will you bring up the WS (I bet you aren't even a baseball fan.. trust me, none of those 2 teams give a crap about California/Texas politics so stop using it as fodder). Also, your analogies make no sense (please revise them and refrain from using the "" smiley).

Finally, how do Republicans not belong in CA? Last time I checked, OC and SD county were still Republican strongholds. California was basically a Republican state (legislature-wise) up until the late 70's and has been solidly democrat since (with governors flip flopping parties since then). Republicans pretty much built the early infrastructure, universities, etc. Now the great state of California is hijacked by extremists and illegals (does CA even have voter ID laws??..I bet illegals voted and voted often..)

Old 11-03-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odannyboi View Post
I've read one thread you created and I have come to the conclusion that you are the most vile person on this forum.

How many times will you bring up the WS (I bet you aren't even a baseball fan.. trust me, none of those 2 teams give a crap about California/Texas politics so stop using it as fodder). Also, your analogies make no sense (please revise them and refrain from using the "" smiley).

Finally, how do Republicans not belong in CA? Last time I checked, OC and SD county were still Republican strongholds. California was basically a Republican state (legislature-wise) up until the late 70's and has been solidly democrat since (with governors flip flopping parties since then). Republicans pretty much built the early infrastructure, universities, etc. Now the great state of California is hijacked by extremists and illegals (does CA even have voter ID laws??..I bet illegals voted and voted often..)
You are so funny living in the past and trying desperately to beleive it has any relevance. Wow, California was a Republican stronghold 40 years ago! You have no idea how much Ronald Reagan was a moderate like all Republican governors of California yet try to squeeze an impossible GOP fantasy into a make believe world that Republican Bible-belt loons have any credibility in California and then get angry and call me a "vile person" [me thinks you are a very frustrated Republican in total denial how unacceptable your politics are in California and seriously why you really would be happier in Mississippi]. Strongly suggest you do a little research so you don't come across as a total reactionary nincompoop. Duh!

Old 11-03-2010, 08:30 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,468,836 times
Yes, California is a lost cause and will probably never fully be the dream land that it was in the 1970's and earlier. I'm a native, and though I love it here in some ways, I think we Californians lack cognitive skills that would enable us to vote our way out of serious problems. Doesn't help, that our educational system is, what, 48th in the nation. We're dumb, don't expect greatness out of us.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
Yes, California is a lost cause and will probably never fully be the dream land that it was in the 1970's and earlier. I'm a native, and though I love it here in some ways, I think we Californians lack cognitive skills that would enable us to vote our way out of serious problems. We couldn't vote our way out of a wet paper bag.
How many elections does it take for you to realize that YOU are a lost cause and leave California for Alabama? The insults to your fellow citizens are truly a reflection on YOU not Californians. The worst thing an intelligent person can so is assume that they know it all when everything around them says otherwise. It makes you look incredibly non-insightful and totally out of touch with your surroundings.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:09 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,410,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Let's face it, both the former Wall St Journal "Worst CEO in America" and "Bobblehead Meg" were terrible candidates. The state will continue to do just fine even if it isn't the extremist right wing place you wish it was.
"Continue to do fine?" Is that what's going on now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California