Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 09:34 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
AH-nold tried EVERYTHING, but he never stuck to his guns. His tough-guy rhetoric was all an act. Which shouldn't have been a surprise, since we hired an actor. But the impressionable GOP rubes sure got a shock. They confused the man with his on-screen persona.
Yeah! And the 18% of Democrats who voted for him were surprised too. Woulda been more if Bustamonte hadn't been running and you know whose votes he drew.

Quote:
The real question is, are we Californians prepared to face the music?
Not on your life? But maybe y'all just need some more time in the lotus position on your zabutons!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 10:00 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,631,284 times
Raising tax rates will NOT increase tax revenues. Hope everyone is prepared for that.

One caveat though.....

Raising tax rates on the truly middle class(single people making $35,000-150,000 and families of four making $60k-250K) WILL in fact increase revenues and by quite a bit as people in this income range are generally steadily and gainfully employeed....BUT....the consequence will be overwhelming political revolt against the Democrats in the next election cycle. Needless to say, I do not believe this will happen.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:00 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,900,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Looks to me that Phil was not complaining or moaning or whining ... as is your (and your AO nullgeo) usual MO . Phil is being realistic and probably correct.
Bonanza thread ... Don9 joins Phil309 to spread the power of positive thinking and the coming Zombie Apocalypse.

Hey, the the number 9 is in both their screen names! Could that mean something? They're linked somehow?

Old 01-09-2011, 10:08 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Quote:
Brown knows the stakes, this is his last hurrah, and he seems grounded in reality. It's his Jesuit training. He's ready to play "dutch uncle" and do what is necessary. Brown's proposals will involve deep cuts AND massive taxes. He'll **** EVERYBODY off, which, in California, means he'll be on the right track.
I think you're right. The first sign that Brown is on the right track will be that he'll get everybody objecting from all sides of the political spectrum. There is no way to fix California without goring everybody's favorite ox.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:29 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,973,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Bonanza thread ... Don9 joins Phil309 to spread the power of positive thinking and the coming Zombie Apocalypse.

Hey, the the number 9 is in both their screen names! Could that mean something? They're linked somehow?
You probably have no clue what 9 stands for ... and no I have only one login. How many do you have?

Old 01-09-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
You probably have no clue what 9 stands for ... and no I have only one login. How many do you have?
Speaking of "clueless" ...
I never said or suggested anything about you having more than one log in ...
I pondered whether you and Phil were in the same fraternity of doomsayers.
I actually take Phil at his representation that he is a cop. His posts sound like they come from a guy who has taken the abuse of that miserable job for many years. Worst job in the world. Rips most who do it to shreds over time. I rib him, but I actually understand him being sour. You, on the other hand, say you are an engineer -- a generally clean, safe, well educated, and well paid profession. What makes you so sour? (besides people like me ) Just how, exactly, has your life been so horribly compromised?

You like to draw parallels between posters and assign them your vision of their ideologies and accuse them of hidden identities -- yet believe that you are so brilliantly singular in your intellectual expositions?

Old 01-09-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Speaking of "clueless" ...
I never said or suggested anything about you having more than one log in ...
I pondered whether you and Phil were in the same fraternity of doomsayers.
I actually take Phil at his representation that he is a cop. His posts sound like they come from a guy who has taken the abuse of that miserable job for many years. Worst job in the world. Rips most who do it to shreds over time. I rib him, but I actually understand him being sour. You, on the other hand, say you are an engineer -- a generally clean, safe, well educated, and well paid profession. What makes you so sour? (besides people like me ) Just how, exactly, has your life been so horribly compromised?

You like to draw parallels between posters and assign them your vision of their ideologies and accuse them of hidden identities -- yet believe that you are so brilliantly singular in your intellectual expositions?
What makes me so sour? To start, I would not call my opinions sour. I would call my opinions a voice of many who are concerned about the state of our society today and our future for us and our children.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
What makes me so sour? To start, I would not call my opinions sour. I would call my opinions a voice of many who are concerned about the state of our society today and our future for us and our children.
Well I am sure that the minions are excited to have you as their mouthpiece for sanity in an insane world. Count me as a non-minion.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Well I am sure that the minions are excited to have you as their mouthpiece for sanity in an insane world. Count me as a non-minion.
My opinions are just that ... my opinions and I don't speak for anyone else. I am a concerned citizen, one of many.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
What makes me so sour? ... I would call my opinions a voice of many who are concerned about ...
Quote:
My opinions are just that ... my opinions and I don't speak for anyone else. I am a concerned citizen, one of many.
Dude ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California