Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 04:37 PM

546 posts, read 2,203,377 times

Advertisements

which airport in california do I land for legoland? I live in salt lake city. thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 04:43 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,438,984 times
San Diego (SAN) is closest, but is a small airport and doesn't have a ton of flights. Orange County (SNA) or maybe even Ontario (ONT) are options if you have any other reason to venture north of Legoland on your trip. Both are quite a bit farther so you'll have to see if either fits your plans.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:12 PM

943 posts, read 1,320,635 times
If you want to fly to the absolute closest airport, the Carlsbad airport (CLD) is really close to Legoland and has commercial flights. United Express flies there, for example. Of course, to get there from Salt Lake City you'll have to make a connection -- most likely at LAX. So it may not be worth it.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:18 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,007,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueimo View Post
which airport in california do I land for legoland? I live in salt lake city. thanks.
This one, silly.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:25 PM

10,624 posts, read 26,724,400 times
As noted (besides Carlsbad itself), if you're looking for a bigger commercial flight San Diego is your closest option. If you're looking for good deals then you might be better comparing all the LA area airports, too; Ontario and Orange County (John Wayne Airport) are already on the list, but you could add Burbank and LAX. It would be a drive down, but if you have a little time and don't mind the drive it could be worth it. Orange County would be a relatively short drive.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:00 PM

546 posts, read 2,203,377 times
thanks for everyone's input~

Old 03-12-2011, 12:14 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,683,351 times
If you are not flying directly into San Diego County, then I would suggest arriving at John Wayne Airport in Orange County, and taking the drive down. LAX can be a zoo and both Ontario and Burbank are far away. John Wayne is relatively small and fairly easy to navigate.

It should take you about an hour to drive from John Wayne to Legoland. The trip from John Wayne down the 73 Toll and 5 South, should be a breeze provided you make it before the evening rush (...if you decide to visit on a weekday. I couldn't imagine anyone making the trip there in the PM, anyway). Southbound 5 traffic can be much more of a hassle on weekends since a lot of people head down to San Diego County on Saturdays and Sundays.

BTW, this is a good aggregate site for comparing airlines, costs and destinations:
KAYAK - Cheap Flights, Hotels, Airline Tickets, Cheap Tickets, Cheap Travel Deals - Compare Hundreds of Travel Sites At Once

Last edited by pacific2; 03-12-2011 at 12:28 PM..

Old 03-12-2011, 12:15 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,683,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
This one, silly.

Old 03-12-2011, 12:31 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
I guess it would depend if you are flying commercial or private like me. LOL

Old 03-12-2011, 02:37 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,376,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
San Diego (SAN) is closest, but is a small airport and doesn't have a ton of flights. Orange County (SNA) or maybe even Ontario (ONT) are options if you have any other reason to venture north of Legoland on your trip. Both are quite a bit farther so you'll have to see if either fits your plans.
Actually, I think you have that reversed... San Diego Airport is quite a bit larger and busier than either Orange County or Ontario. In 2007 San Diego Airport had 18.3 million passengers versus 9 million for John Wayne and 6.2 million for Ontario. I personally prefer a smaller airport, and both Orange County and Ontario are a lot easier to deal with than San Diego, or LAX. Parking is easier, finding your terminal is easier. But in this case, the San Diego Airport is so much closer to Carlsbad and Legoland, I can't imagine anyone choosing to fly into Orange County or Ontario?

One last benefit to San Diego Airport, when you land, you come in over the city, and it's very pretty. You're so close to the rooftops, and it feels like you could almost see in the windows, and see the people inside. I used to live in that area, and when a plane is landing, it's the same sensation - the planes are just so close!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California