Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 11:13 AM

315 posts, read 367,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Actually you did, making you a sarcastic liar as well. No surprise there.

Since you aren't disapproving you must be part of the problem. It would be more honest to admit that you hold no malice towards those who would indoctrinate our children.

It's quite ironic that a twisted sect of people would place themselves in the position to have control of children. The very act that drives their lives is counter to reproduction. So we have people who never intend to have children telling parents how their children will be taught. This is backasswards and we all live in the twilight zone.

Care to explain how you don't?
I can't argue crazy. If you want to come back with some logical points, maybe some proof, then I'll chat with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 11:43 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,804,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitMage View Post
I can't argue crazy. If you want to come back with some logical points, maybe some proof, then I'll chat with you.

We've come full circle.

"Liberals claim to want to hear other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views."

Thanks for validating that point.

Just tell us how you don't support the efforts of teaching homosexual history in our classrooms. How you are against ultra liberal educators who want to teach personal ideoligies along with math and science. It's that simple, and I'll retract my opinion of you. Either you favor indoctrination or you don't. There's nothing for me to prove and that is the point.

Last edited by steven_h; 04-21-2011 at 11:53 AM..

Old 04-21-2011, 12:03 PM

315 posts, read 367,176 times
The issue I'm having with your argument, Steven, is that "teaching homosexual history"=indoctrination.

I haven't seen you put forth any evidence to support this claim.

Without evidence I have to conclude this is not in fact an issue, and thus there is no argument.

Burden of proof is on you. Show me this is true. Show me that teaching students about the contributions of LGBT people through history, or that homosexuality exists, or that homosexual/transgender families and people deserve the equal treatment of their heterosexual/cisgender counterparts is equal to indoctrination, and please define what 'indoctrination' means in this context.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:53 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,698,756 times
Quote:
We've come full circle.

"Liberals claim to want to hear other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views."

Just tell us how you don't support the efforts of teaching homosexual history in our classrooms. How you are against ultra liberal educators who want to teach personal ideoligies along with math and science. It's that simple, and I'll retract my opinion of you. Either you favor indoctrination or you don't. There's nothing for me to prove and that is the point.
Would you be ok with ultra conservative educators who want to teach personal ideoligies [sic] along with math and science?

Old 04-21-2011, 03:27 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,897,654 times
Quote:
We've come full circle.

Tried to rep you, but I have to spread it around. Liberals are really pretty narrow minded. Their way of thinking is the only right way.

Nita

Old 04-21-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Liberals are really pretty narrow minded. Their way of thinking is the only right way.
Fortunately, as the history of this country shows.

Old 04-21-2011, 03:37 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,543,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Tried to rep you, but I have to spread it around. Liberals are really pretty narrow minded. Their way of thinking is the only right way.

Nita
As opposed to all the "open minded" Conservatives?

Give me a break.

In my experience anybody that actually labels themselves "conservative" or "liberal" tends to be more close-minded than those that do not label themselves either of those things.

And kudos to whomever said teaching about the contributions of GLBT people is education, not "indoctrination".

If you changed the title of this thread to "CA Bill Would Mandate Teaching of African-American Contributions", it seems there would not be a whole lot of people on here screaming about "indoctrination".

Old 04-21-2011, 04:08 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,523,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Fortunately, as the history of this country shows.
Perhaps the twisted, biased, revised and rewritten history of His Lordship but that's about all. Your college professors did you no favors and you fell for it lock, stock and barrel (and pardon the reference to firearms - how brutal! ).

Old 04-21-2011, 04:54 PM

Truth hurts eh? Everything I have stated is easily documented. Funny thing about those professors, that was 40 years ago, unlike some, I did not stop learning 40 years ago.

Quote:
stock and barrel (and pardon the reference to firearms - how brutal!
A funny story for you. I worked with a bunch of guys with your mindset while I was in the Navy. They found the NATO gun range one day, and started going there to shoot. They thought I was what you think I am, so one day I went down there and shot, I brought the targets back to the ship and stuck them up. Yep, I shot circles around the city boys. They were terrribly upset that the "hippie" out shot them. They, like you, did not know I have hunted all my life. But, now you learned something, I commend you.

You are caught in a swamp of ideology so deep you cannot see over the side and you let me throw mud on you, constantly, now that is funny, I don't care who you are. Sorta like the Ozarks, not really mountains, just really big holes in the ground.

I have a little saying for you; you can practice it in front of the mirror, as you get the words down, just say it faster, there is a message there for you.
O' wattaf ishiam.

repeat it and repeat it again.

Old 04-21-2011, 05:16 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,523,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Truth hurts eh? Everything I have stated is easily documented. Funny thing about those professors, that was 40 years ago, unlike some, I did not stop learning 40 years ago.

A funny story for you. I worked with a bunch of guys with your mindset while I was in the Navy. They found the NATO gun range one day, and started going there to shoot. They thought I was what you think I am, so one day I went down there and shot, I brought the targets back to the ship and stuck them up. Yep, I shot circles around the city boys. They were terrribly upset that the "hippie" out shot them. They, like you, did not know I have hunted all my life. But, now you learned something, I commend you.

You are caught in a swamp of ideology so deep you cannot see over the side and you let me throw mud on you, constantly, now that is funny, I don't care who you are. Sorta like the Ozarks, not really mountains, just really big holes in the ground.

I have a little saying for you; you can practice it in front of the mirror, as you get the words down, just say it faster, there is a message there for you.
O' wattaf ishiam.

repeat it and repeat it again.
Oh, but of course you excelled. You're the prince of all things, after all. Why should anyone be surprised [looking for the barfing smily]? Ah!

Damn! I'm intimidated. My father first put a .38 Special in my hand when I was about six and I've been shooting ever since, including compeitively. But I can believe you've been hunted all your life. I can't imagine anyone really liking you. By the way, I stopped hunting when I got back in country. If it couldn't shoot back I didn't consider it a real challenge. I much preferred going up against "the most deadly game," with thanks to Guy de Maupassant.

Another feeble attempt to talk down the Ozarks as if somehow that makes you superior. Shallow! Very shallow and needy. In fact, our hills are so old they grow down , not up.

I have a little saying for you with the same instructions: O' whata nassiam. Just be careful not to fall anymore deeply in love with yourself while admiring yourself in the mirror.

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 04-21-2011 at 05:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California