Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2011, 04:55 PM

746 posts, read 1,325,301 times

Advertisements

Santa Maria is run by corrupt politicians and has some terrible policies. For example the people resoundingly defeated the vote for state water in the 1990's, but the city council approved it anyway. This assures that, regardless of use, water rates will keep rising for the next 20 years.

There is no program of conservation of the water. Therefore the water table keeps going lower and lower. The city voted down fluoridation in 2004, on a ballet that meant yes if you voted no, no if you voted yes, and yet the city council approved it anyway and have been dumping toxic fluoride in the water ever since. This is in addition to chloramines and other toxic chemicals.

Every residential household has a utility water bill that begins at $60 a month, regardless if there was NO use of water, refuse or sewer. This is the amount of $7200 for every 10 years, and represents an illegal tax on the property in the city. In fact the city gets more funds from this illegal taking of people's personal property than they do from the city portion of property tax.

After the $60, the fee is about $3 for each 100 cubic feet of water, and proportional use of refuse and sewer. Regardless of the use, the fee for refuse and sewer is the same. Can you imagine going to get 1 gallon of gas, and the fee would be $63? But if you get 2 gallons it's $66, and if you get 10 gallons that's $90. But if you don't get any gas, you still have to pay $60!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 01:07 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,617,045 times
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you pull out of the Kmart parking lot, do you turn onto Santa Maria Way??? Like I said, pretty much everything north of Santa Maria Way is Santa Maria. Very nice homes, in very nice neighborhoods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen805 View Post
The Santa Maria City Limit line ends just pass or short of Kmart, my dad works for Santa Barbara country. If any would know it would be a SB county employee, and like i said before "most part." Again ow, Orcutt is not Santa Maria. There is a reason people move into Orcutt, to get out of Santa Maria because it has dropped so low.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:36 PM

1 posts, read 3,210 times
Orcutt sucks! Don't move there

Old 02-15-2011, 09:39 AM

12 posts, read 39,525 times
The only reason someone would say Orcutt sucks is that they don't want anyone moving here and ruining it for us.

Orcutt may be connected to Santa Maria, but it's worlds apart in just about every way.

Old 03-10-2011, 02:01 AM

2 posts, read 4,776 times
heres shell beach..cliffs hotel.GORGEOUS!!!
Attached Thumbnails
What's the truth about Santa Maria - Orcutt?-p1000057.jpg   What's the truth about Santa Maria - Orcutt?-p1000059.jpg  

Old 06-07-2011, 01:16 AM

2 posts, read 4,545 times
Default Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Oh, and dump the VW bus
We love all classic cars here.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:36 PM

28 posts, read 117,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenchili View Post
I think it was on Yahoos homepage a while back. It had Santa Barbara/Santa
Maria/Lompoc, and San Luis/Atascadero/Paso Robles grouped together
like that. I kid you not! It has taken me 5 yrs to get used to Lompoc
weather, but to be honest, not all of the summer is in the 60s. It usually
has a cooler late May and June, but then the rest of the time is nice. We
kind of get a later warm season, and find Sept-Jan to have some really
beautiful weather. I am VERY curious where you have moved to that
has warm summers AND winters, do share! Another reason we live here
is family,church, and my husbands job is here. We have tried to transfer
back to New Mexico,but no jobs so far. So, we have decided that we are
meant to be here. I like that there is no traffic problems here. It is quite
windy here, but thats just a thing we accept. They are supposed to be
putting in windmills to take advantage of that soon. Sorry you didnt
care for it here. But, really, where is that place of yours? warm summers
and winters...................
Oh, and yes, cabbage can be smelled at certain harvest times, and flowers too.
But, I figure, its better than smog.

Deb
Hey there..........I hope things are going well and that you made it back to NM to visit as you mentioned. I would live there in a heartbeat. I like to be warm in the summer. Now I'd have to get used to cold winters.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Hey
No thanks on Florida. Just not my style. Im a westerner! And where did you
hear Lompoc was congested with gangs and overbuilt.? Thats really not
true. And I might add, housing prices are dropping. It does cool down at
night, which is perfect for sleeping. So yeah, you would need a sweater
on the 4th. Hi lets eat is gone, now replaced by Jalama Cafe,and they
have a great new Thai restaurant called Suvans Kitchen. Never been to
southside cafe, we do Starbucks or make our own! We are getting a Michaels
and have gotten Ross. Lompoc has been good to us. We are members
at Lompoc Valley Baptist. Great church!!!

Deb
I grew up in Lompoc. I know what it was like than and what it is like now. The flower fields and veggie fields were all over too. Now it is built up. Not my style. Titusville is different. We have lots of wetlands.

The 3 H's............Heat and Humidity and Hurricanes. You have earthquakes. What warning do you get? With an H, we get warning. I am not a huge fan of humidity...................that is what makes the heat oppressive. However I like the green that you see everywhere.

Good that you found a church. That is important.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
No offense taken. There has been some crime here and they say
its gang related, but to say its congested with gangs, I just dont
see it. Gangs are everywhere here in CA. I will say Lompoc PD does
crack down on it asap. And for what its worth, I love the 99cents store!!
No more Kmart tho I would never call someone a bigot or racist for
saying they arent crazy about the large Mexican problem.I would say the
large "illegal mexican" problem tho, just to clarify. If by overbuilt,you mean
houses, yes, they have built more houses. Something that was needed
here,IMO. You have not offended me, or probably many here. I think
lots of us have thick skin. I know I do.

take care,
Deb
Deb, I have plenty to compare it to. The Lompoc that I grew up in did not have a gang problem. Nor was it overbuilt. You could see the flowers. The houses didn't need building in my opinion. Of if you must build, do it in a way that does not compromise the beauty of the town or its main attraction which is the flower industry.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaMaria07 View Post
So I was searching something on the internet and came upon this website. So I decided I should register and put my opiion in. I've grown up in Santa Maria to all the people who calling this place infested with gangs and hicks. Well youre wrong. This place is a very good town. There happen to actually have educated people in it. Santa Maria is a very comfortable town. Orcutt is a great place as well. There are good schools here. Its just upsetting that you guys are bickering over the town I live in. Every place will have gangs, every place will have hicks. This town has diversity which brings something to the community. And its said to here that my city is so looked down upon. And also about education... We have great teachers here. It all depends on the student, the envoirnment is great. I graduated high school with a 4.0 and was excepted to some good colleges. But because this town i've grown up in is so wonderful I've decided to stay. I am not hick and in a way I take offense. Where I grow up and take a part in my community is getting critzed by someone who does not even know the people who live in it. Santa Maria is a wonderful place to live.
Hicks are cool!!!!!!!!!!!!! Santa Maria didn't have many though. I like the laid back lifestyle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California