Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2012, 01:13 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,411,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoias View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang
I love California, I just hate Californians.

This one is hilarious! Can't stop laughing at that one. Hating Californians themselves is just inferior.
Too bad you don't fully comprehend what it is you're laughing at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 05:01 PM

541 posts, read 861,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoLA View Post
A few of the 30-whatever million people that live here need a personality adjustment?

I'd like to know if a place exists where a few people DIDN'T need a personality adjustment.

As for the "hate" of California, hey, I'll go with the old Hollywood axiom "Any publicity is good publicity."

Or maybe the old Pantene commercial "Don't hate us because we're beautiful."

If you hate me for the state I live in, that's a "you" problem, not a "me" problem.
Dude, why are you taking what I wrote so personal (you really need to re-read what I wrote because you have it all wrong)? Have people accused you of having a personality problem so you feel you have to go on the defensive?

Last edited by Tantamount; 02-27-2012 at 05:21 PM..

Old 02-27-2012, 09:15 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,336,719 times
Yeah, California sucks! Stay out and leave our sucky:

- world-renowned wine country
- thriving cities with their museums & symphonies
- cultural diversity
- beautiful coastline
- majestic woods
- spectacular mountains
- zoos, amusements parks
- etc. etc.

Yeah, who wants to live here? Californians want to be left alone and miserable!

(in a hush tone)

Are the haters gone?

Can we get a correlation poll where you rank your hatred of California and the number of hours per week you watch Fox News? I am sure the results will be nearly 1:1.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:21 PM

151 posts, read 367,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
Yeah, California sucks! Stay out and leave our sucky:

- world-renowned wine country
- thriving cities with their museums & symphonies
- cultural diversity
- beautiful coastline
- majestic woods
- spectacular mountains
- zoos, amusements parks
- etc. etc.

Yeah, who wants to live here? Californians want to be left alone and miserable!

(in a hush tone)

Are the haters gone?

Can we get a correlation poll where you rank your hatred of California and the number of hours per week you watch Fox News? I am sure the results will be nearly 1:1.
LOL great post!

Old 02-27-2012, 09:21 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,336,719 times
No state even comes close to having the amenities and advantages of those that California offers.

California is the only state where one can surf in the ocean, bask on sun-drenched beaches and then ski in 6 feet of snow down almost any one of its majestic mountain slopes - all on he same day.

There's no other place in the world where one can spend a day tasting world-class wines in the morning and then enjoy an afternoon picnic underneath a giant redwood tree in a forest comprised of the oldest living things on Earth.

Californians can live amongst movie stars or in hippie communes and everything in between. They can enroll in the greatest community college system in the world and drive on the world's largest and most awesome highway network.

California has so many unique advantages it would be impossible to even begin to list them here.

Californians are the envy of every human being on this planet.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:13 PM

123 posts, read 405,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
The geography and weather BEAUTIFUL.

The idiots running this place NOT SO MUCH.
It could be that the rest of the nation hates California because we keep exporting the idiots, thus creating the impression that we are all such idiots.

Can you blame the rest of the states?

Old 02-28-2012, 12:34 AM

18,983 posts, read 32,690,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
Californians are the envy of every human being on this planet.
Arrogant, smug statements like this are exactly why so many people dislike Californians.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:42 AM

5,242 posts, read 13,085,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
The guy was trolling with some crap that had nothing to do with anything I actually posted. I'm not angry, I'm just amused that there are so many posters here who are insulted at the fact the there are others here who hold different or unconventional viewpoints.

In this day and age, it doesn't surprise me that the majority is quick to play the red vs. blue card without actually engaging in a meaningful discussion. Everyone just has to have an agenda of some kind. Mayor is one of the usual suspects I'm referring to. Anything that disagrees with someone like them is "right wing."
When modern conservatism is indistinguishable from trolling, there's no such thing as "meaningful discussion" and you know it. If you guys are just going to act like a bunch of whiny elitist snobs because other people don't bow down and agree with your submission to the rich, just deal with it. Nobody's stopping you from moving to West Virginia to be with your kind.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:34 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,991,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
You guys have JOBS and GAS in Texas? Holy lord, I gotta go there on vacation and see these rare, elusive, "jobs" and "gas" that you speak of. I've never heard of either one here in primitive old California. Well, I'm off to hand pump water all day for illegal immigrant liberal welfare leeches (aka the entire population of CA), since i have no job, and they have no job. I also have to dodge the Obamanator's death panels, because they're looking for grandma in this here BLUE state (aka DEVIL state), becuase the mexiCANTS took all are jerbs and healthcare, dontchaknow. To make it worse, the schools will force your kids to learn SCIENCE, and make them catch the GAY. The limosuine liberal (aka Nazis) checkpoints suck too, and if you can't pay the expected bribe as well as the giant tax on the bribe, they force you to inject botox into your face and dress up like Nancy Pelosi.

Though my ox cart has lots of room for hitchhiking bums, hippies and surfer dudes, and my cave is pretty comfy at least. But damn it just isn't Texas I guess.

^that's honestly how some people seem to view CA. No wonder said people hate it.

Which is it, hate or envy? Hate because of envy? So CA is actually the most loved state? Or does that logic only apply to Texas?

Also, I'm gonna spread the state hate around: There are many legitimate reasons to hate Texas too. Rick Perry is one them, and so is the Texas Board of Education. Can't forget the Bushes either, or tornadoes.

So you hate yourself?

This thread is like a parade of face-palm moments.

^This, though it has nothing to do with Missouri or rednecks...just ignorant people, whoever they may be, and wherever they're at (though when it comes to hating on CA, I would say the demographics lean towards white, religious, and republican, for obvious reasons). It's both funny and depressing, in the sense that it shows just how petty, ignorant, and gullible many Americans are. Honestly, I blame our education system in large part. Critical thinking is not as big a thing in America as it should be. Millions upon millions of Americans consider fox "news" to be the best news source available...that pretty much says it all.

"Californians" don't believe that (generalization #5,748 for this thread), at least not anymore so than the populations of other coastal states. Seriously, there are what...10 million Californians who themselves don't even live on the coast. Do you really think that they all consider themselves rednecks?

And as long as the rest of the country gets all butt-hurt about whatever CA does/Californians do, people will resent CA...you guys are putting way too much of this "hate-relationship" on us. It seems like the haters have way more of a problem than CA itself does.

And another possible reason to hate CA is the envy and "arrogant Californian" thing: We have kind of a NYC "WE'RE AMONG THE BEST OF THE BEST, WE HAVE IT ALL" mentality, but applied to an entire state (and just like NYC there are many legit reasons to feel that way), and I know how that can grate on people (even if it's true ). I can see how that could be considered arrogant, but I guess everywhere isn't equal, right? Life's unfair, and you gain some here, lose some there, and vice versa, but CA has a massive advantage over other states, by being literally massive and in such a place that it covers many climate types, includes many cities, attracted a very diverse population, etc. If giving credit where it's due counts as arrogance, than whatever, hate away.

But much--maybe even most--of the hate is due to political and/or religious reasons, I suspect, though ironically much of it is based off of misconceptions, lies, half-truths, etc.

Haters gonna hate...got me breaking out the haterology and everything.
Hilarious. Every response, desperately trying to prove that Californians don't deserve the hate, and just adding to the image that they are trying to deny.

If you think CA is doing fine with jobs, and gas prices are OK, you deserve the miserable state CA is becoming.

As someone who lived in CA for 25 years, I think I know exactly what the state is. And because I lived among them, I also know that Californians refuse to see the truth.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:53 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,970,598 times
This bears repeating: I want, nay, I demand, that the population numbers reflect this dislike. Please, someone make this happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California