Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2012, 07:05 AM

1,331 posts, read 2,336,354 times

Advertisements

Why can't we be as sophisticated as people in Omaha or Oklahoma City??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 08:38 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,016,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
Go to any walmart or costco and you will notice that there many Californians that are just as sophisticated as those in Omaha or OKC.

Sad truth is that there are a lot of people in this state exhibiting hillbilly/white trash behavior.

The Bro Culture in SoCal is just as assnine as the Guido Culture of Long Island and New Jersey.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:43 AM

1,331 posts, read 2,336,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
Go to any walmart or costco and you will notice that there many Californians that are just as sophisticated as those in Omaha or OKC.

Sad truth is that there are a lot of people in this state exhibiting hillbilly/white trash behavior.

The Bro Culture in SoCal is just as assnine as the Guido Culture of Long Island and New Jersey.
and it's not just SoCal, NorCal like Fresno and the whole Central Valley have their share of hillbilly/white trash behavior. I love both Northern California and Southern California. I love San Diego, Los Angeles, the whole Bay Area, Sacramento, Yosemite, the Imperial and Majave Deserts. I love the whole state because it offers something for everyone. They've no idea that CA has a Bible Belt (the central valley, minus Sacramento).

Old 02-28-2012, 08:55 AM

14,690 posts, read 14,665,407 times
Some are jealous they can't live in California, more are right-wingers who hate CA's progressive politics, and a few have justifiable beef with many Californians' arrogance regarding "flyover country".

Old 02-28-2012, 10:41 AM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,242,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
I know, maybe everyone would love us more if we were like Oklahoma, and outlawed abortion under any circumstances, including impregnation through rape! Or if we were like Texas, and revised our school textbooks so that America looks better, and so we could deny evolution! Or if we basically outlawed being a Latino person, like Arizona, or passed anti-union laws like Wisconsin. The sad thing is, it's actually true that many people would love us more if all that happened.

Before anyone jumps on me, yeah, I know we have many like-minded people here in CA too, who would love to see similar laws passed here (and prop 8 did get passed too), but at least they're way outnumbered and the state isn't run by them.

Old 02-28-2012, 11:08 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,411,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorhaggar View Post
When modern conservatism is indistinguishable from trolling, there's no such thing as "meaningful discussion" and you know it. If you guys are just going to act like a bunch of whiny elitist snobs because other people don't bow down and agree with your submission to the rich, just deal with it. Nobody's stopping you from moving to West Virginia to be with your kind.
You've now moved from troll, to ignorant bigot, good game bro. This last past of yours sadly was quite predictable. Can't hold a civil discussion can you?

"Your kind," "West Virginia," "submission to the rich....," you don't know what you're talking about and you certainly don't know anything about me or how I think.

Any other cliches you'd like to add?

Old 02-28-2012, 12:33 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,567,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
It could be that the rest of the nation hates California because we keep exporting the idiots, thus creating the impression that we are all such idiots.

Can you blame the rest of the states?
You see evidence of this on this very thread.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:39 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,567,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post

I disagree. Our idiots go to 11. Huntington Beach on any Summer weekend is a like white-trash petting zoo.

My vision for a reality TV show I might actually watch: Battle of the Regional D-Bags.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:57 PM

60 posts, read 59,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Hilarious. Every response, desperately trying to prove that Californians don't deserve the hate, and just adding to the image that they are trying to deny.

If you think CA is doing fine with jobs, and gas prices are OK, you deserve the miserable state CA is becoming.

As someone who lived in CA for 25 years, I think I know exactly what the state is. And because I lived among them, I also know that Californians refuse to see the truth.
Good for you, California is miserable yet you feel the need to post on California related forums? I don't understand this logic. All these people complaining how bad it is yet they hang around a state specific forum? Why? Why not stay on the Texas or whatever state you now reside in forum if it's so miserable and shameful here.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:25 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,016,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
I disagree. Our idiots go to 11. Huntington Beach on any Summer weekend is a like white-trash petting zoo.
So true. Wish we could put up a border checkpoint at the city limits to keep the DBags, Bros and Notice-me-dammits out.

But they do spend money here, and more dollars are added to the city coffers as they get busted for DUIs when they try to drive back to the 909.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California