Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2018, 02:55 PM

1,963 posts, read 3,044,110 times

Advertisements

There is another "old, useless thread that won't die" on this very subject here on city-data :

//www.city-data.com/forum/calif...alifornia.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 05:16 PM

156 posts, read 163,467 times
I'm very disappointed that there's only 2 "Hate CA" threads on the first page, side by side.

There should be a 3rd "Hate CA" thread back to back to back. Preferably started by someone who doesn't live in the state.

I'm waiting.

Old 07-19-2018, 05:21 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
California is a beautiful state. People hating are jealous because the Californias weather is what many people go there for.. just a little too expensive on housing and gasoline. Hope you aren’t planning on bringing your car unless it is has California emissions. You have to get your car tested also.

Old 07-19-2018, 08:06 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,897,496 times
Who hates CA?

There's three main groups I've personally observed that seem to hate California:

-The fringe who associates California with everything "radical" and assumes all residents of California secretly want to bring about Communism. None of 'em have ever probably been to California and none of them likely even know anyone personally from California.

-The Californians who have left the state and now hate it after seeing what their new state is like. I don't think most of them really hate CA itself; they just hate things about where they used to live.

-People who aren't familiar with the state or people from it and assume all of California is Los Angeles/Beverly Hills. Not that anything is wrong with LA or Beverly Hills but people in middle America (so to speak) view the area is superficial. It is kind of like people assuming that New York=NYC or Pennsylvania=Philadelphia. It's not true but it's people's assumptions that dictate their opinions sometimes. I know all about this because I am from NY...not the city

I haven't been to California but have known some people form various parts of the state. It gets a lot of attention because it is a large state with many people living there.

It's kind of silly to hate an entire state anyhow. Especially from people who have never been there.

I am very happy where I am at because I love the climate and general area here but I wouldn't mind visiting various places in California.

Old 07-19-2018, 08:55 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Joseph View Post
-People who aren't familiar with the state or people from it and assume all of California is Los Angeles/Beverly Hills. Not that anything is wrong with LA or Beverly Hills but people in middle America (so to speak) view the area is superficial. It is kind of like people assuming that New York=NYC or Pennsylvania=Philadelphia. It's not true but it's people's assumptions that dictate their opinions sometimes. I know all about this because I am from NY...not the city

I haven't been to California but have known some people form various parts of the state. It gets a lot of attention because it is a large state with many people living there.
You know how many of these people are surprised to hear that CA has mountains and snow?

Their heads explode.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:07 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,456,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
The state is run by Communists and you ask why do people hate Calif.
This country is run by a communist-sympathizer, or haven't you noticed?

Old 07-19-2018, 09:58 PM

72 posts, read 40,374 times
1991 is calling... There is no more USSR.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:33 PM

California is governed by Jerry Brown for the time being. He is not a communist sympathizer.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Vitamin View Post
1991 is calling... There is no more USSR.
"Russian President Vladimir Putin has compared Vladimir Lenin to a saint and declared that Soviet communist ideas come from the Bible." (Newsweek 1/15/18)

https://www.newsweek.com/putin-says-...n-saint-781328

Old 07-20-2018, 12:19 AM

47 posts, read 116,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
This country is run by a communist-sympathizer, or haven't you noticed?
Having lived in CA for 60 years, I can definitely say that Trump is nowhere near as bad as Brown. Most people don't know the truth about how Brown's family got their $$, and what an 'environmental' fraud he is. Any attempt to post the truth about Brown's wealth on the internet gets scrubbed, so to let the cat out of the bag, it has to do with oil, foreign contracts, and using political position to pass laws to set up their own oil monopoly in CA. And THAT is how the extortion through exorbitant oil/gas prices got started in CA. The Brown's squeezed out their competition by passing 'environmental' laws, as they laughed on their way to the bank. Brown's a pig, as are 95% of the state's legislature.

CA is a beautiful state. And it should be divided, which is on the coming ballot, so we'll see how The People of CA vote ... if it passes, we'll be highly entertained as the state's legislature, courts, and federal congress freak out and do all they can do deny The People's Will. People living along the coast and in the bigger cities are waaaaay different than the people living in the mountains. And southern CA is a stark contrast to northern CA. People have been talking about dividing the state since before I was born. It's long overdue.

Last edited by Walk In Beauty; 07-20-2018 at 12:21 AM.. Reason: correct grammar, punctuation, for clarity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California