Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 09:21 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times

Advertisements

Sad to hear that Chico is experiencing these types of acts. Seems that teen mobs are happening across the states and even in Mexico City recently. When we left Chico 7 years ago, crime was increasing and there were more and more stabbings around the university and the downtown area. I am glad we decided not to send our son back to Chico State where his sisters graduated. Chico P.D will be politically correct in its response to these attacks, which is a given considering the liberal vibe of the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 09:30 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,900,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Nah. Sexist part of your individual beliefs. I know a Robyn who's 65. One of my ex's cousins is a Robyn and should be at or near 50 now. The name's been around at least that long.

I get the distinct impression that you'd just grin all over and wriggle if the Chief's name was Bubba, he wore mirrored aviator glasses and his favorite line was, "You're in BIG trouble, Boy!"
You're not suggesting ... uh ... no ... couldn't be ... suggesting he 'secretly' likes the "he-man, leather type"? ... maybe wearing chaps with no bums?

Old 07-18-2012, 09:56 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
"All these non Chico students ... on campus"? There was ONE. The other attacks I referred to were off-campus.

The feral teens in hoodies were obviously out looking for mischief.

It may happen all over, but it doesn't happen all over with the same frequency.
Well yeah, a bunch of "ferel teens" and the guy who got beat up. They all had to be on campus at that hour for this to happen and it's assumed none of them were studenets so I wonder if they were targeting him for some reason or why he was there. Hoodies don't bother me, scarves around their faces to hide themselves do. They had purpose is all I'm saying.

There is a lot of crime like that in Chico, I'm glad my daughter never had a problem but a guy she knew was jumped one night over by the train tracks a couple years ago. He was drunk and staggering home alone in the early hours so he made an easy target.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:00 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
That's a bit strange that the OP focused on the hoodies and gave the scarves over the faces a pass. If there's one fashion accessory that says "crime", it's the face scarf.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:07 AM

I am wondering why they didn't mention race in their suspect description. Not all of them were wearing scarves.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:11 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
I am wondering why they didn't mention race in their suspect description. Not all of them were wearing scarves.
Not mentioning race has been the approach of the Chico ER since we can remember. Hard to identify thugs without it. I wonder how many just assume they are hispanic or black without mentioning them being caucasion in some cases.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:39 AM

3,477 posts, read 6,512,981 times
The local TV news almost always give the race of any perpetrator when reporting a crime. Surprisingly, this time they didn't.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:51 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
You're not suggesting ... uh ... no ... couldn't be ... suggesting he 'secretly' likes the "he-man, leather type"? ... maybe wearing chaps with no bums?
Moi? Why of course not. Would I do that? Besides, after what he posted I would think a she-man would be more to his liking as a police chief. Of course, the name, "Bubette" would help as well.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:02 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,900,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Moi? Why of course not. Would I do that? Besides, after what he posted I would think a she-man would be more to his liking as a police chief. Of course, the name, "Bubette" would help as well.
Still, either way, the "bummless" leather chaps would work nicely ...
visualize: a shiny star on the vest with silver studs riveted up and down the front and collars ... big zipper with dangling lavaliere ...
I'm getting shivers of excitement ...
WP's a lucky guy !!

Old 07-18-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Not mentioning race has been the approach of the Chico ER since we can remember.
The LA Times is known for leaving the race part off of a suspect description when the suspect is black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California