Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2012, 05:24 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,307,357 times

Advertisements

Local Assembly race between 2 republicans who both spent a lot of time trying to "out conservative" each other. Rico Oller had already served in the Assembly and the State Senate before. I also like his third person narrative where he "interviews" himself.

Loser posts this press release. I've highlighted some of the better whines. And a couple of comments in green.

San Andreas, CA...In a major defeat for taxpayers, Assembly candidate Frank Bigelow has the lead in semi-official results for California’s new 5th Assembly District. As of Wednesday morning, the results are 52.7% for Frank Bigelow and 47.3% for Rico Oller with 100% of precincts reporting. San Andreas businessman Rico Oller was outspent nearly 4 to 1 in the primary and more than 5 to 1 in the general election by Sacramento special interest groups who wanted an Assemblyman they can influence...[Oh Rico,do you miss all those cool perks that come with the office?]

“I am deeply disappointed by the results,” Oller said. “I was looking forward to representing the foothills in the Assembly and protecting taxpayers. I want to thank those who supported my campaign.”

The Rico Oller campaign and its large volunteer base made tens of thousands of calls, walked precincts in the districts few urban areas, and held a number of rallies on street corners featuring the Assembly candidate himself. [Oh my! The candidate himself?] “It has been a lot of hard work. I attended fairs, went door to door, and made a lot of calls,” Rico stated looking back at the long campaign.

Under Proposition 14 passed in 2010 the top two candidates from the primary proceed to a runoff regardless of party leading to this awkward Republican vs Republican runoff. “A lot of voters feel disenfranchised. They feel that they should have the choice of candidates from both major parties as well as smaller parties and independents,” Oller noted. [Ummm Rico, that was what the primary was for, remember?]

Final election results not be available for several weeks largely due to the large number of vote by mail ballots that have to be counted. [This guy seems to think that in several weeks he is going to somehow overcome a 5 point spread]

Gotta love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 09:13 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
You really need a Gold Country subforum.

Hey get with Mtnsurfer and maybe you can team up, they need some posts over there.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:55 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,543,609 times
So glad Rico lost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
Gotta love it.
I remember one of Rico's flyers. It said that Bigelow had plans to pave over a 1000 acres of his ranch. A 1000 acres??? Why? To what end?

(That's a lot of frickin asphalt.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California