Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 09:58 AM

18,983 posts, read 32,693,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGoldstein View Post
Sorry no one in this thread thinks the Russian River all the way in Cloverdale is close to the Bay Area. There's a reason for that.
Except all the people from the Bay ARea that visit it. Next you're going to tell me Wine Country isn't close to the Bay Area either and nobody goes there

Again, you know very little about Northern CA so please stop spreading more lies and misinformation.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:02 AM

2,518 posts, read 4,013,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Except all the people from the Bay ARea that visit it. Next you're going to tell me Wine Country isn't close to the Bay Area either and nobody goes there

Again, you know very little about Northern CA so please stop spreading more lies and misinformation.
Wine Country which is literally 40 miles from S.F city center? Yeah, that's close to the Bay Area, but not sure what that has to do with you erroneously claiming the Russian River is close to the Bay Area when it's 2 hours and nearly 100 miles away, which is why everyone disagrees with your claim.

Are you sure you live in the Bay Area? Maybe you're from Ukiah?

Old 03-05-2013, 10:15 AM

Anyway, I'll just let people decide for themselves whether sav858 is right in saying the Russian River is "close to the Bay Area":

Old 03-05-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Wine Country which is literally 40 miles from S.F city center? Yeah, that's close to the Bay Area, but not sure what that has to do with you erroneously claiming the Russian River is close to the Bay Area when it's 2 hours and nearly 100 miles away, which is why everyone disagrees with your claim.

Are you sure you live in the Bay Area? Maybe you're from Ukiah?
Napa is at least an hour from SF. Calistoga is 90 min, Sonoma is an hour. And the Russian River is closer than 2 hours from the Bay Area, please stop lying.

"Everyone"? Like who? You and one other person? Nice try but it's obvious you don't really live here or have spent much time here.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:18 AM

Not sure why you think you have to go to Cloverdale to enjoy the Russian River, many seem to go to Guerneville. Next you're going to tell me no one from the Bay Area visits Bodega Bay because it's "far".

Old 03-05-2013, 10:19 AM

Napa is only 40 miles away, and a neighbor of Solano County. The only reason it takes so long to get there is because there isn't really a direct freeway route into the middle of wine country, and from S.F, you have to cross 1-2 bridges, and then try to navigate to the Lincoln highway.

Cloverdale is a straight shot up the 101 on low traffic roads and still nearly 2 hours away. LOL!

Old 03-05-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Napa is only 40 miles away, and a neighbor of Solano County. The only reason it takes so long to get there is because there isn't really a direct freeway route into the middle of wine country, and from S.F, you have to cross 1-2 bridges, and then try to navigate to the Lincoln highway.

Cloverdale is a straight shot up the 101 on low traffic roads and still nearly 2 hours away. LOL!
SO WHAT? It's still an HOUR AWAY.

Again, not sure why you think you have to go all the way to Cloverdale, which is NOT 2 hours away either. Oh that's right, you just googled "Russian River" and that's where it dropped you. You haven't actually spent any time in this area have you?

"Low traffic roads"? You clearly haven't spent much time on 101 through Santa Rosa, if ever.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Not sure why you think you have to go to Cloverdale to enjoy the Russian River, many seem to go to Guerneville. Next you're going to tell me no one from the Bay Area visits Bodega Bay because it's "far".
Because that's the location of the largest River Park? Right at the deepest and widest point of the river with the best fishing?

Have you even been to the Russian River, or did you just bring it up randomly to try and name a natural outdoor landmark in Northern California?

Because I've actually BEEN to the Russian River over two dozen times in my life time including over night trips, and the Cloverdale River Park is where EVERYONE goes. I don't know anyone that goes to "Guerneville" (unless it's locals). In fact, just the fact that you bring it up shows me you've never been to the river.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Because that's the location of the largest River Park? Right at the deepest and widest point of the river with the best fishing?

Have you even been to the Russian River, or did you just bring it up randomly to try and name a natural outdoor landmark in Northern California?

Because I've actually BEEN to the Russian River over two dozen times in my life time including over night trips, and the Cloverdale River Park is where EVERYONE goes. I don't know anyone that goes to "Guerneville" (unless it's locals). In fact, just the fact that you bring it up shows me you've never been to the river.
That must be the reason why the vast majority of hotels and resorts along the Russian River are in Guerneville

Russian River Lodging Map

Clearly you have not spent much time here EVER if at all.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:34 AM

So where do all the people that frequent the hotels and resorts in Guerneville and Monte Rio come from? LA? Seattle? Las Vegas?

Russian River Lodging Map

This area has been a destination for people in the Bay Area for over a CENTURY. Clearly you don't know much about this area at all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California