Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 06:55 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBopper View Post
1. It was your own hyperbole you accused the other poster of not understanding. And that I addressed.

Your quote:

2. How do you accuse me of "cherry-picking" when I am addressing your points you raised as examples.

3. It's clear you are confused as I addressed the points you raised.

4. I pointed out some similarities between CA and Missouri in response to your points about California.

5. Can anyone please tell me if this is typical for this poster? Should I not take his points and posts seriously?
No, actually, put me on ignore. You're yet another one who only wishes to argue. I don't. You'll fit in well here as there are plenty of kindred souls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:
I addressed your points, Sir. I thought this was an open forum.

You accused another of being an idealogue but cannot take what you give out, that much is clear.

I tend not to ignore those that request it however. Be prepared to have all your incorrect points addressed in future. Point by point. I shall be busy I am sure.

G'day!
I rest my case!

Old 05-30-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Just be right in the future and you have no worries. I am quite used to having people rebut points, not just whine about someone actually disagreeing with them...
I have no worries anyway. I actually find you amusing. Such hubris is entertaining since yours doesn't affect my life one whit. It's always diverting to see someone newly arrived on any scene who enters into a conversation they weren't a part of, basically declares themselves an expert, starts handing out directives and insults and who seems intent on alienation from the get-go. As I pass through on occasion I'm sure it will be interesting if not fun to watch.

You are now free to have the last word. You're welcome.

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 05-30-2013 at 08:16 PM..

Old 05-30-2013, 08:41 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
I will state this as forcefully as I can for all the politards
them... we didnt even "see" them// politards created felons out of normal citizens

I only hope there are still policemen with sufficient understanding of the constitution to feel the way we did back then (although my friends I wouldn't hold out hope here.. California departments have been filling their ranks with "compliant" people who want a paycheck)

The other joke is DOJ
Like they have the manpower to do this.. we have so many AB109 idiots walking around ...so much dope being grown and sold illegally,, so many illegals.. on and on..
Opps I forgot..it will be telephone policing..
"Hello.. this is DOJ..our database says.... please report with your guns immediately or we will arrest you"

I have already started to spend my dollars outside California.... and as soon as the rental sells we will make our exodus

To all my fellow Sheriffs... dont enforce this bull-crap...

To the rest of you... vote the politards out... or.. get what you voted for

Such a beautiful state in "ruination"

I wont shed a tear every time a politician gets 211'd or his family gets targeted by some gang-banger

Old 05-30-2013, 08:43 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
I see the Ammo and Gun stores in Arizona and Nevada doing a brisk business.

It will be fun to watch the LA Police defend all the people next time Riots break out.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:50 PM

19,218 posts, read 16,701,480 times
What's a politard? Is it anything like a leotard?

Old 05-31-2013, 04:05 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,257,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
I only hope there are still policemen with sufficient understanding of the constitution to feel the way we did back then (although my friends I wouldn't hold out hope here.. California departments have been filling their ranks with "compliant" people who want a paycheck)
Don't know what you mean by "back then" but as long as I can remember California has freely exercised its police powers to enact all kinds of restrictive gun laws. If you're referring to the second amendment, that only applies to the feds not to the states. However, there's nothing to prevent the citizens of CA from putting a gun rights amendment in the state constitution.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:00 AM

335 posts, read 517,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
My oh my: It sounds like California isn't changing much. Now, I remember one of the reasons we wanted to get the heck out. No, I am not even a gun owner, but I just don't want the government in my face 24/7.
Cali government = full body cavity search, on demand.

Unless of course, you're an undocumented democrat.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:03 AM
zdg

845 posts, read 1,973,134 times
Typical.

1) Make hyperbolic post about the government being Orwellian control machines to justify your dangerous hobby/job/chemical imbalance.

2) Get called on your own hyperbole being based not at all in fact and refuse to provide proof because (a) you know it doesn't exist and (b) facts aren't really your thing since they get in the way of your beliefs. For good measure, require the other person to do your work for you by claiming the opposite.

3) Get called on your inability to provide said facts and realize you have to resort to name calling.

4) Get called on your name calling and run out of debate "tactics" and pretend to "end the conversation" by not ending the conversation but requesting that the other people stop talking to you because, well, you've run out of words to use.

The State of California is not "in my face" 24/7 literally nor figuratively. We have regulations here because, as you know from your infinite years writing these regulations, we have tens of millions of humans living in a finite space and humans without regulation will do as they damn well please despite the consequences to the other tens of millions of us. It's the basis for a "civilization." You do not want to live in California, which I think is fantastic and am quite proud of you for finding a state you can afford that you honestly believe provides you with more "freedoms" than California. Perhaps it does, likely it does not. No matter. The amount of smug in this thread has reached dangerous levels and now I'm part of that problem.

You go back to enjoying your freedoms in Missourah and I'll go back to enjoying my government restricted prison life in the Wine Country.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:05 AM
zdg

845 posts, read 1,973,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biz901 View Post
Cali government = full body cavity search, on demand.
Unless of course, you're an undocumented democrat.
Please provide proof of the California government demanding full body cavity searches on its citizenry and provide proof that being an undocumented democrat got someone out of said full body cavity search. Cite real sources please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California