Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 12:14 PM

4,539 posts, read 12,404,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarrat View Post
Nope, Cal has easily one of the top 10 music programs, particularly for musicology and ethnomusicology.
Ok, I'll take your word for it. UC Berkeley is top notch in so many areas, so it's entirely possible that they have a strong music program too.

The problem for the OP then is does he have the scores, skills, and talents, to get into a world class university? It's ranked in the top 20 worldwide.

Until we hear otherwise we should probably give him more realistic advice and those on this board with knowledge on this topic should also offer up some schools with easier admittance standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2007, 10:19 AM

4 posts, read 9,993 times
Check out the "sticky" on applying to US universities:

US Study - The Student Room

Old 12-20-2008, 09:07 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,272,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samgarrard View Post
I am 16 years olf finishing my G.C.S.E's i would like to move to America as soon as i can, I am interested in going to college and taking music and a plumbing course, Im not really sure how to get started. I have got a small part time job and i have saved up £3,500 so far i need some prices on stuff like appartments, How to get started basically. Anywhere in CA. PLEASE HELP ME I WANT TO MOVE! thanks...
Sam
Be carefull about putting your real name onto city data as It will be spread accross the internet, along with any posts you may make!!
If you are into music look at School of GUITAR - BASS - DRUM - VOCAL - London - The Institute of Contemporary Music Performance - London UK great school and in the UK.
Well done with saving money,one of the hardest lessons in life is to learn is how not to spend money.
Good Luck.

Old 12-20-2008, 05:46 PM

715 posts, read 2,087,175 times
What is it with you posters from england who cant even be bothered to use the search features. Secondly gcse is hardly anything worth mentioning about since its only an equivenlance of SAT's (if that!) And this is hardly the first place i would start in trying to find greener pastures. You wanna study plumbing here? lmao. Forget it, those jobs are well taken care of by chicanos. As for music? sorry mate, we got enough talent here..

Old 05-28-2013, 03:57 PM

1 posts, read 921 times
Default Want to move to California from the UK

Hi my name is Callan.
I am 17 and would like to live anywhere in California after I have finished my next 2 years in college, I have just received my Qualification in Level 2 Hairdressing.

I am a UK Citizen and after I have finished college I want to live and work in California starting my own business whilst over there as a unisex hairdresser.

I dont have a passport yet but will be receiving one soon.

Please give me advice on what to do.

Thank you, much appreciated.

Callan Washburn.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:15 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,043,863 times
Suggest you post on and read the Legal Immigration forum here. One cannot simply move to another country and work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California