Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 12:21 AM

1,224 posts, read 1,828,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post

That isn't what I said as you can clearly see in my quote. I'm not sure what is so hard to understand about this but Asian populations, since they consume soy and the men don't have breasts, are a counter-example to the idea that soy promotes breast growth in men. You've tried to excuse this by pretending that Asians are all skinny and starving but that is by no means the case.
You really are touched aren't you? You just repeated your same unscientific claim again. "Asian populations, since they consume soy and the men don't have breasts, are a counter-example to the idea that soy promotes breast growth in men." Really? You have proof that there are no men in asia who have boobs due to excessive soy consumption? You have numbers on the amount of men with boobs in asia? You have data that shows how much soy they consumed? Just like you claimed rural farmers consume 4,000 calories a day? Where did you get these numbers again? Out of thin air?

Quote:
you can find adverse reactions to all sorts of foods in individuals and such reactions tell you nothing about the general population.
Except the fact that there isn't another food product, besides Soy, that has documented NIH cases where the hormones of men were altered, and caused hypogonadism, erectile dysfunction, and huge male boobs in men. Never seen peanut or black bean consumption, or heck ANYTHING, linked to such effects in human beings. Only Soy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 01:03 AM

12,460 posts, read 20,127,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExeterMedia View Post
Really? You have proof that there are no men in asia who have boobs due to excessive soy consumption? You have numbers on the amount of men with boobs in asia? You have data that shows how much soy they consumed? Just like you claimed rural farmers consume 4,000 calories a day? Where did you get these numbers again? Out of thin air?
The numbers are from epidemiological studies but I wasn't intending to discuss this in detail in a thread about drought and food prices so my comment was intended to appeal to intuition.

Also gynecomastia has been associated with other foods, for example, foods that actually contain estrogen.

But why are you still talking about soy? It doesn't matter, plenty of alternatives to beef, dairy and eggs that aren't soy.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
The numbers are from epidemiological studies
Which you can surely cite. Link?

Quote:
Also gynecomastia has been associated with other foods, for example, foods that actually contain estrogen.
Great. So surely you can rattle off food products, besides Soy, that have documented NIH cases where the hormones of men were altered, and caused hypogonadism, erectile dysfunction, and huge male boobs in men after consumption.

What are these supposed foods?

Old 05-29-2014, 06:35 AM

21,795 posts, read 16,459,712 times
I am curious. What do large boobs have to do with California's drought?

Old 05-29-2014, 07:43 AM

50,510 posts, read 47,285,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I am curious. What do large boobs have to do with California's drought?
Nothing, either does eating red meat. Neither does stupid vegan rants or obesity. I could use a glass of water though.

Old 05-29-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Nothing, either does eating red meat. Neither does stupid vegan rants or obesity. I could use a glass of water though.
With or without a side order of soy tofu?
I'm drinking my water straight. Like a man.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:34 AM

I'm sure both of you would be interested in a nice cool glass of soy milk.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:39 AM

50,510 posts, read 47,285,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExeterMedia View Post
I'm sure both of you would be interested in a nice cool glass of soy milk.
I had a soy burger once. It was missing something. A beef patty

Old 05-29-2014, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I had a soy burger once. It was missing something. A beef patty
Ha, pointless. There are plenty of alternatives to beef such as black beans, insects, and possibly discarded human carcasses, all of which can be made into patties full of protein. In fact there are rural farmers in outer Mongolia that eat 11,000 calories a day, how do you think they do it?

Old 05-29-2014, 09:59 AM

Nothing wrong with reducing the planet's bug population through consumption.Frogs love 'em. I seem to do my share whenever I bike around myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California