Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 01:24 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times

Advertisements

You live next door to mexicans
You say "like" and "for sure" and "right on" and "dude" and "totally" and "peace out" and "chill" and "tight" and "bro" and "hell of" and "hella"(Nor Cal only) and "faded" and "stoked" and "fo sho" and you say them often
You know what real cheese taste like.
You don't get snowdays off because theres only snow in Mammoth, Tahoe, Shasta, and Big Bear.
You can wear sandals all year long.
You go to the Beach - not "down to the shore."
You know 65 mph really means 100.
When someone cuts you off, they get the horn and the finger and high speed chase cuz we dont mess around on the road.The drinking age is 21 but everyone starts at 14 (legally 18 if you live close enough to the border).
Our governor can kick your governors ass.
You judge people based on what area code they live in, and when asked where you're from, you give your area code.
You might get looked at funny by locals when you're on vacation in their state, but when they find out you're from California you turn into a Greek GOD.
We don't stop at stop signs... we do a "california roll"
No cop no stop baby!
You can get fresh and REAL Mexican food 24 hours a day.
All the TV shows you "other" states watch get filmed here.
EVERYONE smokes weed. no exceptions.
We're the Golden State. Not the Cheese State. Not the Garden State.....GOLDEN!!!
We have In-N-Out (Arizona and Vegas are lucky we share that with them).
We have the most representation in the House of Representatives, which means our opinion means more than yours, which means we're better than you.
We got disneyland....wut now!
We have The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf which is way better than Starbucks.
We call it soda, not pop.
Oh, and no one from California calls it Cali... that's how we know you're not from around here.
The fastest part of your commute is down your driveway.
Your sense of direction=Toward the ocean and away from the ocean.
You eat an In n Out burger at least once a week!!!
The primary bugs that you worry about are electronic.
Your monthly house payments exceed your annual income.
You can't find your other earring because your son/brother is wearing it.
Your family tree contains "significant others."
You see 25 lawyers chasing an ambulance.
More than clothes come out of the closets.
You go to a tanning salon before going to the beach.
More money is spent on facelifts than on diapers.
Smoking in your office is not optional.
You pack shorts and a T-shirt for skiing in the snow, and a sweater and a wetsuit for the beach.
When you can't schedule a meeting because you must "do lunch."
Your children learn to walk in Birkenstocks.
You'll reluctantly miss yoga class to wait for the hot tub repairman.
The Terminator is your governor
You can't remember . . . is pot illegal?
It's barely sprinkling rain and there's a report on every news station: "STORM WATCH"
You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from California.
Your coworker has 8 body piercings and none are visible.
You make over $300,000 and still can't afford a house.
You take a bus and are shocked at two people carrying on a conversation in English.
You don't care what race people are because you're too busy wondering what gender they are.
You have a very strong opinion about where your coffee beans are grown and can taste the difference between Sumatran and Ethiopian.
It's barely sprinkling rain outside, so you leave for work an hour early to avoid all the weather-related accidents.
A really great parking space can totally move you to tears.
A low speed police pursuit will interrupt ANY TV broadcast.
Gas costs $1.00 per gallon more than anywhere else in the U.S.
Unlike back home, the guy at 8:30 am at Starbucks wearing the baseball cap and sunglasses who looks like George Clooney IS George Clooney.
Your car insurance costs as much as your house payment.
Both you AND your dog have therapists.
You pass an elementary school playground and the children are all busy with their cell phones or pagers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 10:00 PM

1 posts, read 6,653 times
I hate California I'm personally from the Midwest Illinois to be exact and almost all of this sounds stupid in Illinois there is five seasons almost winter,winter,after winter,construction,****ing hot. Illinois makes sense look up u know ur from Illinois when. But no hard feeling its just my opinion oh and we also measure distance by time instead on a mile lets say we would say five minuates or I'm 60 miles away may be I'm 45 minuates to an hour away

Old 04-12-2013, 10:47 PM

24,408 posts, read 26,964,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papuchdog View Post
I hate California I'm personally from the Midwest Illinois to be exact and almost all of this sounds stupid in Illinois there is five seasons almost winter,winter,after winter,construction,****ing hot. Illinois makes sense look up u know ur from Illinois when. But no hard feeling its just my opinion oh and we also measure distance by time instead on a mile lets say we would say five minuates or I'm 60 miles away may be I'm 45 minuates to an hour away
...so why go on the California forum?

Have fun with your cows

Old 04-12-2013, 11:10 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,410,495 times
Question mmmm....

what's a 'minuate'?
K

Old 04-12-2013, 11:16 PM

345 posts, read 1,031,207 times
Quote:
Strong 1st post

Old 04-12-2013, 11:17 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Strong first troll.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:18 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
what's a 'minuate'?
K
Well ..... he IS from Illinois .........

Old 04-13-2013, 01:10 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Quote:
Why yes, yes it does.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:43 AM

23,541 posts, read 24,041,250 times
Good post!

Old 04-14-2013, 11:45 AM

1,676 posts, read 1,535,249 times
One of the dumbest things I've seen, and it's really, REALLY old. Also, pretty much the ENTIRE list is for SoCal residents (particularly the LA area) only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California