Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 04:55 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,753 times

Advertisements

Only in a liberal's paradise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 08:22 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
One more dry winter or two and lawns will be illegal, period. Except for the Government. That's my prediction.

I've seen an almost 400 percent spike in the xeriscaping side of my business in the last three years.

Just on my own block neighbors have hired me to rip out their lawns and replace with, plants, trees, rocks, mulch, drip irrigation etc.......

Old 07-23-2014, 10:14 AM

7 posts, read 7,970 times
Lots of other options for re-using water too - from cooking, washing up, even cleaning.

Old 07-23-2014, 03:16 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
One more dry winter or two and lawns will be illegal, period. Except for the Government. That's my prediction.

I've seen an almost 400 percent spike in the xeriscaping side of my business in the last three years.

Just on my own block neighbors have hired me to rip out their lawns and replace with, plants, trees, rocks, mulch, drip irrigation etc.......
How much is that fake grass stuff? I'm seriously going to convert the last of my crabgrass

Old 07-23-2014, 08:21 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
How much is that fake grass stuff? I'm seriously going to convert the last of my crabgrass
Type, quality, quanity, company, do it yourself. Too many varibles to give you an answer. Three minimum contactor bids with references you can visit is what I always recommend.

Figure 10-15 dollars a sqft for a do it yourself job, done correctly.

15-25 sgft for professionally installed.

Old 07-24-2014, 04:15 PM

2,546 posts, read 2,462,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Only in a liberal's paradise.
I don't know where this comes from. These kind of rules tend to be a function of conservative politics; conservative people like what they like and tend to create rules to CONSERVE that way of life. A "liberal paradise" would probably promote environmentally-protecting measures, such as xeriscaping.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:30 PM

528 posts, read 866,575 times
This state has a bunch of loonies running it, and many people seem to be switch hitters between democrat and republican but in a bad way. They use that to create their own brand of insanity so, I am not surprised they create many damn if you do, damn if you don't scenarios. This is beyond braindead though let me just say that.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:05 PM

21,724 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCountry80 View Post
This state has a bunch of loonies running it.
Unlike where, exactly?

Old 07-30-2014, 01:48 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,956,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texamichiforniasota View Post
The pictures of that particular couples' yard look pretty bad. They are obviously lying when they said they are watering twice a week. They are not trying to conserve water, they just are too lazy to take care of their yard. I think Xeriscaping looks ok, and if the couple really wanted to conserve water, they could put in drought resistant plants. Another article about this couple said the water authority for that area showed the couples' water use had actually increased since the drought, so they weren't bothering to water before the drought either. They're just lazy people that don't take care of their property, and they are hoping some publicity can get them out of a fine for their laziness.
Character assassination is a lazy tactic to use to try to win an argument. The city specifically mandated that they water their lawn. The condition of their lawn or the rest of their property is irrelevant to the central issue of a city (or HOA for that matter) mandating watering in a dry or semiarid state (especially during a drought).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California