Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 02:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krispytopher View Post
In the last 80 days at my house located at Willow and Gettysburg I have seen rain occur twice, one time it evaporated before it could even hit the ground. I post relevant information that is truthful, you are a shill/troll as I have come to learn from your ridiculous comments in various threads, as soon as I learn how to block you the better life will become.

It may rain more in the northern parts of town but where I live, we never see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krispytopher View Post
According to Fresno, California - Average Rainfall - Current, Historical Data

May saw .003 of rain, June and July saw .000 all of which support my initial claim. Add in April and then 1.35 inches were add for a grand total of 1.353 and the average is hardly any better. Fresno may Average 11 inches a year (compared to the state average of 20 inches) but I stand by that it depends where in Fresno you are because some places do not get wet when rain does happen.

As for the water parks and the garden, I listed what there was because I will not be deceitful and leave out information for the sake of trying to prove a point. The Garden is crazy expensive to go to tho for what it is. Point is Fresno sucks, has bad air quality (yes Bakersfield is worse), is really hot (yes Death Valley is worse), has bad crime and drug issues (yes there are places worse), and has a shortage of activities for the young people to do with out spending $50+ dollars to have fun. Other places may have one or two attributes worse, but Fresno has all of them in one place!

The Topic Creator asked where to live in Fresno/Clovis and the best answer echoed by many is "somewhere else". As that is not the answer that was sought then next answer is East of First, North of Herndon.
I don't know if you have noticed, but we are kinda in a bad drought. Hasn't really rained much in CA this year. Shocker, I know.

On topic: Yes stick with Clovis area or just north of Shaw really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 02:09 PM

9 posts, read 17,302 times
It's sure is hot in Fresno, but 100 degree in Fresno is more like 88 degrees in the Bay Area inland. That's what it feels like. Move to Fig Garden and or Tower District. Downtown is also interesting(hopefully, they change their mind about demolishing a very, very cool pedestrian mall just because they're not satisfied with the vitality of the mall).

Old 09-16-2014, 08:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,326 times
Clovis is not too bad. The people are friendly without getting too much in your business. It's a larger town with a small town feel. We have the best of both worlds, Old Town Clovis is the historic downtown area, which is small, old houses, locally owned businesses, small town feel, then we have the newer part which houses Walmart and the mall and other huge box stores and chain restaurants. There are really great walking trails that pretty much connect with most of the city and are equipped with drinking fountains, mileage markers, statues, parks and park benches. The crime is pretty low compared to Fresno and we don't have the homeless that Fresno does. There are a lot of parks here. It's definitely full on suburbia here compared to SF. It's about a 30 minute commute to the far end of Fresno. On the other hand, the weather sucks, as we've had over 95 degrees every single day since April. There is no water here so everything is very dry. There is quite a bit to do in Fresno, plus you're an hour from the mountains, and 3 hours from the coast, which is what everyone does. We have malls, and movie theaters, historic and quirky Tower District, 2 water parks, several live theaters, River Park, Old Town Clovis, a couple historic home museums, the train station runs right through.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:11 AM

19 posts, read 45,489 times
Can someone explain me why people from Clovis, work in Fresno, shop in Fresno, dine in Fresno and attend to Fresno entertainment avenues (save mart center, tower district, fresno fair, Fresno Convention center, Fresno Chaffee Zoo, bulldogs games, etc.,) and yet they said the clovis is better. I dont understand... can someone explain to me why Sierra Vista Mall in the heart of Clovis is a big FAIL, why everyone from clovis come to shop at River Park and Fashion Fair Mall.?

Old 09-19-2014, 03:12 AM

3,477 posts, read 6,511,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoFriend View Post
Can someone explain me why people from Clovis, work in Fresno, shop in Fresno, dine in Fresno and attend to Fresno entertainment avenues (save mart center, tower district, fresno fair, Fresno Convention center, Fresno Chaffee Zoo, bulldogs games, etc.,) and yet they said the clovis is better. I dont understand... can someone explain to me why Sierra Vista Mall in the heart of Clovis is a big FAIL, why everyone from clovis come to shop at River Park and Fashion Fair Mall.?
Schools. That's it.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:25 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,289 times
Quote:
....why everyone from clovis come to shop at River Park and Fashion Fair Mall.?
Don't forget Manchester Center. Its the place!

Old 09-19-2014, 09:44 AM

19 posts, read 45,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
Schools. That's it.

To your logic, Sanger is a better than Fresno because its Schools?. Half of best Clovis schools are in Fresno, Clovis needs fresno to exist, otherwise they will be boring town with no economy, Just look the shaw ave in the side of clovis almost half of the retail space is empty.

Old 09-19-2014, 12:31 PM

462 posts, read 741,857 times
Quote:
To your logic, Sanger is a better than Fresno because its Schools?. Half of best Clovis schools are in Fresno, Clovis needs fresno to exist, otherwise they will be boring town with no economy, Just look the shaw ave in the side of clovis almost half of the retail space is empty.
The entire SJV is an economically depressed area. Clovis doesn't have much of an economy to begin with outside of government/education jobs and retail. Statistically Clovis has a significantly lower unemployment rate than the rest of the SJV, but that isnt saying a whole lot when your comparing it to Fresno or the surrounding areas. Much can be said for the rest of the area.

Old 11-17-2014, 01:20 AM

10 posts, read 24,909 times
Hopefully you decided against moving here. The higher salary your fiance is getting to move here, is not worth the misery you will endure. Fresno sucks big time. Most people who live here, hate it. HOT as hell from April till Oct....JS. Fog can be bad in winter. Once you leave, you'll never come back. Food scene is lame so are the clubs. Shopping is decent. Downtown Fresno is ghetto. Crime is really high even in the very nice neighborhoods. Get a dog and a security system because you will eventually be robbed. Your car will be broken into as well. Fresno schools arent very good, Clovis schools are better. Stay North of Herndon no matter what. Ive lived here all my life and cant wait to leave here, along with everyone else we know.

Old 08-20-2015, 03:25 PM

2 posts, read 2,378 times
I have lived in Fresno/Clovis 57 years (I was born here) I have seen it go from a wonderful place to raise kids and feel safe, inexpensive, best water, perfectly located for travel to the beach, Disneyland, SF, Reno, Vegas, Yosemite, etc., to a dump. Every band used to come here. It has become a ghetto covered with graffiti, gangs, a murder a day, lots of illegals, most intelligent people left a long time ago. I have always stayed as far North as possible whether Fresno or Clovis. Best place would be Northeast Clovis as far North as you can get. All you have to do is drive around and you know. If there is graffiti on the Stop sign, bad neighborhood-go farther North. There are some lovely neighborhoods if you can afford them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California