Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 02:09 PM

83 posts, read 149,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Maybe she meant the air quality. It's really bad in that stretch between Davis/Sacramento up until you get away from the rice farming, etc. When I drove up and back to Redding from Santa Clara to check out my new apartment around end of September, then again to move beginning of November last year, my eyes were watering and I was gagging from the air being full of soil from the plowing. And I'm not an asthmatic/allergic type at all. But, I closed up my windows in my car and it still came in through the vents. It was especially bad on the 505 cutoff to I-5.

So, maybe that affects Chico area too? Maybe that's what he means by ag?

You don't get that here in Redding. There is more ranching type properties here. No ag industry. No crop dusters, etc., like I used to see regularly between Davis and Woodland when I lived there. The air quality in Redding is good, IMO. I can smell the wildfires sometimes. That's about it.
If that's the case, then I suppose so. The way Chico's situated against the foothills can kind of act like a pocket for pollution. It's usually not very dense though except in the burn seasons. Generally speaking the air quality's not bad - or at least I don't notice it. But then, I grew up in Chico so my tolerance might be much different from someone who just moved here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California