Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 09:15 AM

21,738 posts, read 16,356,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazChasey View Post
To ignore race is to try to understand a movie with your eyes closed. Race most definitely is a factor. There's a reason most black children grow up without a father. It has nothing to do with socio-economics and other cop-outs libs like to use to make excuses for themselves. Race and culture affect crime and social issues far more than socio-economics ever have.
"Culture" IS a "socio-economic" function. "Race" is NOT a causative factor. It is a socio-economic identifier. If you don't know the difference, you have no business commenting. "Race" is not culture. It is genetic biology. There is NO racially genetic function that marks a propensity for crime or anti-social behaviors. None. I defy you to find any shred of scientific evidence otherwise. As I wrote before, this is an issue with deep scientific and sociological scrutiny and study. 100% conclusive.

Absent fathers in black families also has zip to do with racial genetics. Its root is in the history of the slave trade in America where blacks were bred like cattle and families were mostly disallowed on the plantations. The men were separated and children were raised by the mothers, often only until the little ones were old enough and big enough to also be put to work, at which time it was common for them to be separated from their mothers as well. Captured, bought, sold, traded, shuttled with no regard to family units.

Use your intellect to actually learn, understand, analyze, participate rationally? What a concept, eh?

Old 06-09-2015, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatore Marciano View Post
No they don't beat Whites for low crime states. PG County, Maryland is the most affluent Black county in The United States yet they still have a very high crime/murder rate as well as all of the Black public schools there are crappy.
Your response is grossly flawed in relation to the point I proved. PG County population approaches 1,000,000, which population spans and overlaps a wide variety of socio-economic demographics. The existence of numerous wealthy, highly educated black enclaves which thrive with lower than average crime experience disproves criminal behaviors can be predicted by race. Period.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:17 AM

3,830 posts, read 4,664,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
"Culture" IS a "socio-economic" function. "Race" is NOT a causative factor. It is a socio-economic identifier. If you don't know the difference, you have no business commenting. "Race" is not culture. It is genetic biology. There is NO racially genetic function that marks a propensity for crime or anti-social behaviors. None. I defy you to find any shred of scientific evidence otherwise. As I wrote before, this is an issue with deep scientific and sociological scrutiny and study. 100% conclusive.

Absent fathers in black families also has zip to do with racial genetics. Its root is in the history of the slave trade in America where blacks were bred like cattle and families were mostly disallowed on the plantations. The men were separated and children were raised by the mothers, often only until the little ones were old enough and big enough to also be put to work, at which time it was common for them to be separated from their mothers as well. Captured, bought, sold, traded, shuttled with no regard to family units.

Use your intellect to actually learn, understand, analyze, participate rationally? What a concept, eh?
Most racist bigots aren't very well educated. You're barking up the wrong tree and probably just wasting your time.

If you actually do want to continue just go show them statistics for black Africans in the US and England.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
Most racist bigots aren't very well educated. You're barking up the wrong tree and probably just wasting your time.

If you actually do want to continue just go show them statistics for black Africans in the US and England.
Yes. As I wrote a few posts back, this forum often devolves into a fetid pile of racism. And my tangent here was aimed at heading off this predictable turn. Nevertheless we see several mental giants hollerin' they want to stay at the trough, even though I've emptied it.

No matter. I enjoy the exercise. Keeps me intellectually fit and lithe

Old 06-09-2015, 10:52 AM

1,608 posts, read 3,078,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenZephyr View Post
Orange county has the most number of cities listed as safest. No surprise.

Orange county is a wonderfully safe area, has been for as long as I've been here.

Newport and Laguna are ringed by layer upon layer of safe cities. Safest beach living in CA.

Orange County is one of the safest areas in all of California.

CA metros by crime rate.....

1. San Rafael M.D. 385.4
2. Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura M.S.A. 388.9
3. Anaheim-Santa Ana-Irvine M.D. 391.4
4. Napa M.S.A. 481.8
5. San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara M.S.A. 486.2
6. Santa Rosa M.S.A. 526.2
7. Santa Maria-Santa Barbara M.S.A. 552.5
8. Chico M.S.A. 565.0
9. San Diego-Carlsbad M.S.A. 567.8
10. Yuba City M.S.A. 608.1
11. San Luis Obispo-Paso Robles-Arroyo Grande M.S.A. 610.5
12. Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario M.S.A. 612.7
13. Los Angeles-Long Beach-Glendale M.D. 630.8
14. El Centro M.S.A. 636.3
15. Salinas M.S.A. 670.3
16. Santa Cruz-Watsonville M.S.A. 676.9
17. Sacramento–Roseville–Arden-Arcade M.S.A. 692.6
18. Hanford-Corcoran M.S.A. 725.4
19. Visalia-Porterville M.S.A. 785.9
20. Vallejo-Fairfield M.S.A. 791.9
21. Merced M.S.A. 894.0
22. Fresno M.S.A. 894.7
23. Modesto M.S.A. 909.2
24. Madera M.S.A. 923.2
25. Oakland-Hayward-Berkeley M.D. 933.8
26. Bakersfield M.S.A. 963.5
27. Redding M.S.A. 970.4
28. San Francisco-Redwood City-South San Francisco M.D. 971.7
29. Stockton-Lodi M.S.A. 1106.3

Old 06-09-2015, 11:08 AM

587 posts, read 1,411,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KazChasey View Post
So the brown and black areas of California are at the bottom of the list. Surprise, surprise. You can take the people out of the third world but you can't take the third world out of the people.
But some of the worst areas of Oakland are majority-Asian (i.e. Rancho San Antonio, Highland Park a.k.a. "Funktown"). The crime rate is higher than average in every category despite many blocks in the area being 70%+ Asian American in residency. Asians in those types of Bay Area neighborhoods engage in the same criminal lifestyle of drug dealing, drug abuse, alcoholism and gun violence as the black and brown people they live next door to.

//www.city-data.com/neighborhoo...akland-CA.html

Lynn - Highland Park Demographics & Statistics

There is much less segregation and racial tension in many Oakland/Bay Area ghettos compared to the average American inner city area.

OF RACE AND PLACE: San Antonio/Oakland / Flavors meld in community east of lake - SFGate

People of all races in Bay Area ghettos actually care less about race than suburban whites on average. For example, the turf war between "Ice City" North Side Oakland and South Berkeley started when a high ranking Vietnamese member of the multiracial mostly black and Asian Ice City turf gang, Nguyen Ngo, was murdered by thugs from South Berkeley in 2009.

San Leandro Man Among North Oakland Gang Members on Trial for Murder | San Leandro, CA Patch

Old 06-09-2015, 01:34 PM

93 posts, read 90,372 times
"The existence of numerous wealthy, highly educated black enclaves which thrive with lower than average crime experience disproves criminal behaviors can be predicted by race. Period."

Where are all of these Black counties that are both affluent and have a low crime rate at the same time? Because it sure as hell is not PG County, Maryland and it sure as hell is not any Black county in the Atlanta metropolitan area. Despite being called the Black mecca, all of the Black counties in Atlanta have a very high crime rate. The city of Atlanta itself also has a very high crime rate. Atlanta is often called the capital of Black financial power yet the city still has 3rd world country level of crime and all of the Black public schools in Atlanta are garbage.

Old 06-09-2015, 01:44 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,664,302 times
Quote:
"The existence of numerous wealthy, highly educated black enclaves which thrive with lower than average crime experience disproves criminal behaviors can be predicted by race. Period."

Where are all of these Black counties that are both affluent and have a low crime rate at the same time? Because it sure as hell is not PG County, Maryland and it sure as hell is not any Black county in the Atlanta metropolitan area. Despite being called the Black mecca, all of the Black counties in Atlanta have a very high crime rate. The city of Atlanta itself also has a very high crime rate. Atlanta is often called the capital of Black financial power yet the city still has 3rd world country level of crime and all of the Black public schools in Atlanta are garbage.
You know he listed examples, right? Maybe you should read more carefully before asking stupid race baiting questions.

Old 06-09-2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:

Listen up, "Salvatore" Moderator cut: personal attacks, you can't use large populations that cross demographic boundaries to study and understand the point and proof I presented. You need to isolate the illustrative demographic. Which I did. Those five examples I provided prove the point in question. Period. And they are not the only examples available. I was challenged to provide examples and I did. Now I challenge you to provide scientific validation for your apparent belief that black skin color is causative for criminal behaviors.

So far, all you have done is correlate black communities as generally having higher crime stats. That is not at issue.Moderator cut: personal attacks

Last edited by Marka; 06-12-2015 at 05:40 AM..

Old 06-09-2015, 08:54 PM

399 posts, read 407,156 times
Excuses, excuses, excuses... All I'm hearing is excuses.

You can keep perpetuating your PC nonsense and living in your fairytale utopia where everyone of color is awesome and big bad Whitey is responsible for all the evils of the world... or you can open your damn eyes to the reality around you.

Show my just ONE successful city/state/country run by blacks and I'll leave this thread right now. You can't. It doesn't exist. It only exists as a hypothetical in your biased PC lib science. Show my one black-run city/state/country that hasn't been run into the ground and I'm outta here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California