Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 12:11 PM

621 posts, read 1,033,372 times

Advertisements

How many of you guys are on the Covered California plan, under your various doctor and hospital of your choice? I am with Kaiser and having to pay $150 each month, and when I do go see a doctor, which doesn't happen often, the copay pricing is around $60-70 a visit.

Do any of you know of any other plans where the copay is a lot less? Like $40 and under? I heard of plans with Kaiser, where the copay was $5. I am under the KP Bronze 60 HMO with Kaiser.

How much do you guys pay a month?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2016, 01:01 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,409,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygogetter View Post
How many of you guys are on the Covered California plan, under your various doctor and hospital of your choice? I am with Kaiser and having to pay $150 each month, and when I do go see a doctor, which doesn't happen often, the copay pricing is around $60-70 a visit.

Do any of you know of any other plans where the copay is a lot less? Like $40 and under? I heard of plans with Kaiser, where the copay was $5. I am under the KP Bronze 60 HMO with Kaiser.

Do not judge it by the past Obama Care is getting more expensive for everyone, year by year.

Old 03-07-2016, 01:15 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Do not judge it by the past Obama Care is getting more expensive for everyone, year by year.
Yeah. Ain't that the bi{*#ing truth! Health care costs were so stable before the ACA! Now they've gone up at nearly the rate of inflation! Oh for the old days when costs were so nearly flat from year to year.

Um, meanwhile, back to the OP's question?

Old 03-07-2016, 05:47 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,744,435 times
Now are we ready for single payer insurance?! I am. Why the heck not? I mean really. What's the down-side for the people?

Old 03-07-2016, 06:38 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,409,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
Now are we ready for single payer insurance?! I am. Why the heck not? I mean really. What's the down-side for the people?
Don't count on it, you can't contribute to a candidate of either party, except Trump, an amount anywhere near what the insurance Industry can, to keep making money.

Old 03-07-2016, 07:13 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,365,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Don't count on it, you can't contribute to a candidate of either party, except Trump, an amount anywhere near what the insurance Industry can, to keep making money.
Please explain what you are saying here again. It reads as though you are saying a person CAN contribute to Trump in similar amount as insurance companies can. I know this isn't your meaning, obviously.

Maybe you mean that Trump is the only one not accepting donations from the insurance industry? Which is not true. Bernie Sanders also runs without corporate support donations.

Meanwhile, I am also amused no one is responding to the actual OP question. I don't have an answer as I am covered by military health care.

Old 03-07-2016, 11:24 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:

I'm confused a month ago you posted that you were broke and would be homeless because your parents were going to kick you out, right? If you don't have a job, or if you have one and make very little money you should be on medi-cal with no premiums and no co-pays. But since you asked about Kaiser, they have a lot of different plans, I don't know your zip code but if you enter that, your age and your salary you will get a list of all their plans with the co-pays and deductibles.
https://individual-family.kaiserperm...althinsurance/

Old 03-08-2016, 01:45 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,050,766 times
Could you be paying high because you are a dependent on your parents' taxes and their income is being used? Since income has to be proved, did you use their income because you have none?

Old 03-08-2016, 06:29 PM

621 posts, read 1,033,372 times
Yeah.

Old 03-08-2016, 10:54 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Yeah.
yeah what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California