Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 01:25 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,917,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
If the pants suit gets in she will appoint extreme far left supreme court justices and your investment in guns is gone. The court will rule that its up to the states on gun ownership and Calif. will immediately began to confiscate your guns. Most all guns are registered and they know what you have and where you are.
You will have to turn in all guns to the police, if you dont they will come for you and take your guns and throw you in jail. Any unregistered guns they find will be additional jail time.
There are gun collectors who have really expensive antique firearms, and high quality collectible guns and guns that are a part of out history.
Who cares, they can find a different hobby.

Old 06-13-2016, 01:30 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,443,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
You know what. Let's repeal the 2nd amendment. Just do it. Let's go and get every weapon that is not a police issue firearm, carried by law enforcement.

Get back to me when the dust has settled.
Humm,not a gun owner,except for an old BB gun in the garage somewhere.

How about taking the guns from criminals first? You know the ones shooting most people.

Old 06-13-2016, 01:32 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,917,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Sure but you'll nonchalantly bash the NRA because a democrat radical muslim non-NRA member committed a crime?

Are you capable of forming original thoughts?
Agreeing with the quote below disqualifies me from being capable of forming original thoughts? That's quite a stretch but if that's the way you see it okie doke.

"The NRA has basically become a cult."

Old 06-13-2016, 01:34 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,853,675 times
Classrooms full of kids being shot up in Sandy Hook didn't budge the NRA's influence, this won't either. Republican Congressmen voted DOWN a law that would have forbidden the sale of assault rifles to people on FBI watch lists, which this shooter was on. They can't exactly claim a "war on Terror" when it's so important for them to allow suspects of terrorism to still buy any weapons they want.

Quote:
The court will rule that its up to the states on gun ownership and Calif. will immediately began to confiscate your guns.
We've been hearing for decades that Democratic politicians "want to take your guns away", so why hasn't it ever happened? Hmm, the answer is, they DON'T. They just want to make it a little harder for dangerous people to get MORE guns. Go on and buy up a whole roomful of them now if you're so worried.

Meanwhile, in some states, ID requirements are more stringent to vote than they are to purchase a deadly weapon.

Old 06-13-2016, 01:35 PM

6,089 posts, read 5,002,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
[b]Agreeing with the quote below disqualifies me from being capable of forming original thoughts?
In the context of this thread? I'd say there are valid questions to be asked about your thought process, no doubt.

Though I do agree on one point, there is a CULT that should be pointed out for this violence, but it's not the NRA.

Old 06-13-2016, 01:40 PM

6,089 posts, read 5,002,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Classrooms full of kids being shot up in Sandy Hook didn't budge the NRA's influence, this won't either. Republican Congressmen voted DOWN a law that would have forbidden the sale of assault rifles to people on FBI watch lists, which this shooter was on. They can't exactly claim a "war on Terror" when it's so important for them to allow suspects of terrorism to still buy any weapons they want.
There was a 6 year old kid, and a California Senator on that "watch list". The list in its current state is completely broken. I would not have voted for that either.

Quote:
We've been hearing for decades that Democratic politicians "want to take your guns away", so why hasn't it ever happened?
The California Assembly and Senate are on the verge (one Governor signature away) from banning all semi-automatic rifles in the state of California. You may want to do some research on a topic before you attempt to try and speak about it.

Quote:
Meanwhile, in some states, ID requirements are more stringent to vote than they are to purchase a deadly weapon.
I've never seen a state that requires a DROS, NICs check, and proof of residence to vote. You're completely talking out of your posterior.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:30 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,840,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post

We've been hearing for decades that Democratic politicians "want to take your guns away", so why hasn't it ever happened? Hmm, the answer is, they DON'T. They just want to make it a little harder for dangerous people to get MORE guns. Go on and buy up a whole roomful of them now if you're so worried.

When being out on government watch lists requires due process I'll support the the ban. Until then, no. Of course I enjoy and support all portions of the constituion.

Old 06-13-2016, 05:42 PM

8,364 posts, read 6,463,705 times
Clinton says the Orlando shooter was being investigated by the FBI so he shouldn't have been able to buy a gun.
She's being investigated by the FBI so she shouldn't be able to run for president.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:25 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,621,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boulder2015 View Post
Yep, 50 people get slaughtered and first priority is their guns. And honestly, im pretty moderate on this stuff and hardly in the hardline gun control camp. But there is a reason the term "gun nut" was popularized.
I feel sad about the loss of life. Needless violence that shouldn't happen in the first place. Just a guy that can't deal with his life and decided to take a gun and kill innocent people. And while I'm no "gun nut" I can understand why gun owning law abiding people feel threatened.
For the most part crazy people are beyond anyone's control. And that's all this was. A crazy person.

Old 06-14-2016, 07:33 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,532,001 times
Quote:
Calif. Democrats would give anything to confiscate all guns right now and they can't so they do the next best thing. Make it so difficult and expensive to own a gun that all but the most dedicated shooting sports enthusiast will just give up on it.
Those of us who have a substantial investment in guns its a frightening time. There going to go all out to take your investment from you.
The power of the press is eminence. The LA Times hates guns as do all Democrats and the Times is going to go all out to get your guns.
They went all out for gay marriage, article after article daily after Prop. 8 passed.
The shooter was a Islamic radical, they will go after legal law abiding gun owners, not them.
Quote:
I forget how many Calif. anti gun laws are currently going through the process, I know they all passed the Calif. senate
The big one is banning semi auto rifles with a removable clip. There could be a million of these in Calif alone. This could backfire on the Communists.
2nd big one is a background check to purchase ammunition plus a waiting period after you buy before you can pick it up. This requires a 2nd trip to the store in some cases 50 miles. Also a lot of ammo is purchased at gun shows, people make it a business selling ammo at gun shows, this would kill that.
Also a limit on how much ammo you can buy at a time. For a sports target shooting enthusiast you would constantly be going to the store.
There is a bunch more new laws, all designed to make it such a hassle to buy or keep the guns you have people will just give up which is what they want.
Once again none of the new laws will do a thing to stop terrosim or mass shootings, or crime. All they will do is hassle law abiding gun owners.
And paranoia continues to reign supreme!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California