Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 07:29 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
What new states? The newest states are Alaska and Hawaii.

Could you be more specific about how each of the California new 3 states would be run? How would they create revenue? How would they fund schools? How would they pay for infrastructure? Police? Fire fighters? And how would they do this differently enough to justify splitting off from the rest of the state? And save everyone money? And why everyone within that new state would get along beautifully, with no partisan or special interest problems?

Yeah, reality bites.
They would do it just like every other State. They would have to form a State Government, etc. Not a big deal and done before by other States that split. Just as CA did when it became a State. With the divide suggested the 1 State would be about 90% Dem, the Second about 90% Rep and the third a mix. Now how would they do it differently? The political divide would once again exist in at least 1 if not 2 of the new States avoiding the one party Control that CA has now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2018, 08:39 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,512,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Are you implying that I don't want taxes? I'm not sure where you got that.

I don't mind paying fair taxes for those necessary things. I don't want to pay taxes for illegal aliens lawyers. Drivers licenses for illegals. A train to nowhere. Etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
So you are turning this into a racism issue. That is absurd and so typical of the left wing loons.

The fact is that we don't want our taxes squandered on a bunch of ridiculous liberal things like the train that nobody wants. Arizona is pretty diverse and they do a much better job of running their state.
Quote:
What the heck are you even talking about? I'm not white. I don't understand why that matters or why you even brought it up.
Please note that max210 brought up illegal aliens. If you are only talking about white illegal aliens, then I must apologize for assuming you mean people of color when you talk about wanting illegal aliens to be kept out of your state, and therefore, made the logical conclusion that you don't want people of color in your state.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
They would do it just like every other State. They would have to form a State Government, etc. Not a big deal and done before by other States that split. Just as CA did when it became a State. With the divide suggested the 1 State would be about 90% Dem, the Second about 90% Rep and the third a mix. Now how would they do it differently? The political divide would once again exist in at least 1 if not 2 of the new States avoiding the one party Control that CA has now.
So, basically, gerrymandering brought back to life.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:46 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Quote:
Please note that max210 brought up illegal aliens. If you are only talking about white illegal aliens, then I must apologize for assuming you mean people of color when you talk about wanting illegal aliens to be kept out of your state, and therefore, made the logical conclusion that you don't want people of color in your state.
Illegal immigration has absolutely nothing to do with anyones nationality, race, ethinicity, color, or any other physical attribute. I would never assume anything like that.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Illegal immigration has absolutely nothing to do with anyones nationality, race, ethinicity, color, or any other physical attribute. I would never assume anything like that.
Right. You'd want to round up all those Norwegian illegals first.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:55 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,777,193 times
Quote:
Illegal aliens are illegal. They broke the law and have no right to be here . I don't care what color they are. FYI, my wife is from Mexico. We were married in Mexico and lived there. I am fluent in Spanish. She has dual American/Mexican citizenship. She is very strongly opposed to the sanctuary for the illegals.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
Illegal aliens are illegal. They broke the law and have no right to be here . I don't care what color they are. FYI, my wife is from Mexico. We were married in Mexico and lived there. I am fluent in Spanish. She has dual American/Mexican citizenship. She is very strongly opposed to the sanctuary for the illegals.
How lucky for her.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:22 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Quote:
What the hell are you talking about? What kind of twisted logic is that?

I was agreeing with you until you went all racist. The idea of splitting California into three states won’t happen. But some people want to live in a state where only legal residents are allowed. That means black, brown, white, yellow, red, green, purple, etc LEGAL residents.

This is the kind of idiotic nonsense people use when they have no rational argument or they’re actually racist themselves. “Uh, uh, you’re RACIST if you don’t want illegal aliens in your state.” Riiiight.

According to 2015 FBI statistics, most of the arrests for rape in the US were Caucasians. So if your against rape, you’re prejudiced against white people. Most of the arrests for robbery were African Americans. Against robbery? You’re prejudiced against black people.

Nonsense.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-43

Old 04-17-2018, 10:17 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Quote:
Right. You'd want to round up all those Norwegian illegals first.
Your statement is meaningless. Why even post?

Old 04-17-2018, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
What the hell are you talking about? What kind of twisted logic is that?

I was agreeing with you until you went all racist. The idea of splitting California into three states won’t happen. But some people want to live in a state where only legal residents are allowed. That means black, brown, white, yellow, red, green, purple, etc LEGAL residents.

This is the kind of idiotic nonsense people use when they have no rational argument or they’re actually racist themselves. “Uh, uh, you’re RACIST if you don’t want illegal aliens in your state.” Riiiight.

According to 2015 FBI statistics, most of the arrests for rape in the US were Caucasians. So if your against rape, you’re prejudiced against white people. Most of the arrests for robbery were African Americans. Against robbery? You’re prejudiced against black people.

Nonsense.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-43
Your arguments are what is normalizing the nationalist thinking in America today. You can't separate out the fact that most illegals are people of color, mainly Hispanic, especially in CA. The wall is anti Mexican, Central American illegal immigrants. I haven't heard any talk whatsoever about a wall on the Canadian border.

You may even have convinced yourself and each other that all you really care about is illegal immigration, no matter where they are coming from. But, I never hear anyone talking about illegal Canadian immigrants or Irish or even Russians.

Because of all of the above, the idea of not wanting any illegal immigrants in your ideal new state in California - is racist. Because the illegal immigrants you are talking about, are pretty much all Hispanic. You just can't argue it away saying it's only about being legal. So, I don't buy it.

Ironically, the illegals are at least working and paying taxes. Are you going to keep legal homeless Americans out of your state, too? They'll cost you a pretty penny and won't be paying into the system at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California