Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 07:31 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,866,194 times

Advertisements

This is a poorly written article, but the point is valid.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/real...xcw?li=BBnb7Kz

Old 05-31-2018, 08:08 PM

234 posts, read 303,465 times
I don’t believe anyone from California is going to complain about people leaving.

Old 05-31-2018, 09:08 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,540,287 times
In mass???

I thought it was in droves?

Now I’m confused. So which is it? In mass or droves. And how is a mass different than a drove?

Your title says in mass, but the article said in droves. I know what a drove is having researched the topic in depth. But how big is this mass vehicle? Is it larger than a drove? Most people leave CA in a drove not a mass. I drive a Subaru BTW.

Old 05-31-2018, 10:07 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,866,194 times
A drove is considered a mass. But I agree, the terms are somewhat misunderstood.

I drive a Toyota Camry BTW.

Old 05-31-2018, 10:25 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,508,131 times
"en masse".

Old 05-31-2018, 10:26 PM

60 posts, read 60,251 times
It has already been proven over and over again that more people are arriving than leaving. If tomorrow you decided to leave, it would have a very insignificant impact. For every person that leaves there are three eagerly in line waiting to replace you.

It’s a GOOD thing that residents are leaving because it’s usually the lower educated, less ambition individuals that are better off somewhere else where the cost of living is lower. The ones entering California are higher salary earners and can support to financially support the COL.

Old 06-01-2018, 03:11 AM

2,511 posts, read 6,296,561 times
I hope more people leave.

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/01/1...om-california/

Old 06-01-2018, 05:25 AM

1,996 posts, read 4,768,237 times
Sin City it is for me as well. Me and my fiancé + one child are going house hunting next month. We’re going to spend a week out there looking for homes and areas we like the most. We both work and between both of us, we make (net) around $60,000 a year. If you add up all the expenses, bills, food, gas, utilities, cell phone bill, including rent between both of us, we don’t have much left over for anything.

I agree more people do need to leave the state, we are seriously over populated. Everyone knows it, the poor are leaving in droves and is struggling the most, but the real concern that is going to have serious consequences in the near future is how little the Middle Class population will be left in CA’s biggest cities with the continued rise in the COL.

The majority of new residents to CA are wealthy people that can afford it. We as a society can’t continue to just house rich and upper classes of people and expect everything to get better or be ok. If you don’t have workers of all income brackets able to live nearby there jobs or an area, it doesn’t justify the long commute times for such little pay for those workers that are priced out where they work.Therefore employers will find it more and more difficult to hire workers that will be willing to work for little pay in a high cost environment. As a worker, it’s economically stupid to drive so far for so little pay.

We also can’t keep pushing everyone out East into the desert and mountains for lower cost housing and expect to makes things better. It will only worsen traffic, and the quality of life with it.

CA isn’t all that to me anymore. I was born and raised here (SoCal) and I wouldn’t regret leaving if I could tomorrow. The days of the working man making decent money being able to buy a home and still be able to afford to live comfortably with his family here is long gone. With taxes always going up, and new bans for this and that, the state is making life that much harder on its residents and more expensive indirectly every year.

The homeless population will only get worse as there’s no way for those people to sustain themselves in expensive CA cities (L.A. S.F. OC and SD), even if they worked full-time.

Old 06-01-2018, 07:51 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,387,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin1983 View Post
It has already been proven over and over again that more people are arriving than leaving. If tomorrow you decided to leave, it would have a very insignificant impact. For every person that leaves there are three eagerly in line waiting to replace you.

It’s a GOOD thing that residents are leaving because it’s usually the lower educated, less ambition individuals that are better off somewhere else where the cost of living is lower. The ones entering California are higher salary earners and can support to financially support the COL.
Actually more leave CA than arrive from another State. Just look it up. The growth in population is foreign immigration (legal and illegal) and the birth rate (Which is slowing).

Old 06-01-2018, 08:33 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin1983 View Post

Can you provide some numbers to back up those claims? Please differentiate between arrivals from within the country and foreigners, numbers showing its the lower educated, less ambitious, numbers showing its a majority of high salary earners arriving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California