Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 11:33 AM

36 posts, read 157,118 times

Advertisements

1) recently built large homes for very reasonable prices (and near a beach too)
2) guadalupe dunes, beautiful rough surf
3) Far Western Tavern for Steaks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2008, 07:46 PM

42 posts, read 283,089 times
There we go, now that sounds like a ray of sunshine in the darkness. After hearing what I've heard, I think I'd rather live in Guadalupe, and go to Santa Maria for whatever I need. I'm a small town guy. I lived in Orange County most of my life, but I lived in the Bass Lake area for about three years, and I think I like it better than the city.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:30 AM

28 posts, read 130,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Live in Santa Maria and drive to work. Guadalupe is a farm area with mostly immigrant labor living there. They do, however, have the best streak house in the world. Make sure your prospective boss takes you there to eat. I don't remember the name, but with only a few building in town, the boss will know..!
I didn't realize there was a steak place in Guadalupe, I'll have to check it out. There is, however, an excellent steak place in Casmalia called The Hitching Post, not too far a drive south from Guadalupe. The area where the Hitching Post sits actually makes Guadalupe look like a metropolis.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:43 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,446,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by semsjm View Post
I didn't realize there was a steak place in Guadalupe, I'll have to check it out. There is, however, an excellent steak place in Casmalia called The Hitching Post, not too far a drive south from Guadalupe. The area where the Hitching Post sits actually makes Guadalupe look like a metropolis.
Have you ever been to Jocko's in Nipomo? I've been going there for years. Good stuff and cheap too.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:52 PM

I went to Far Western Taverns website. I'm definately going there for lunch Thursday when I'm out there.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:17 PM

28 posts, read 130,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Have you ever been to Jocko's in Nipomo? I've been going there for years. Good stuff and cheap too.
Tried going to Jocko's one evening last summer. Too long a wait. Will plan better next time, I hear it's quite good.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:06 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,446,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by semsjm View Post
Tried going to Jocko's one evening last summer. Too long a wait. Will plan better next time, I hear it's quite good.
Yeah don't bother without a reservation, especially on a Friday or Saturday night. They'll only hold you reservation for 15 minutes so don't be late!

Here's a couple of pictures I took one time I was up there. The piece of meat on the plate is a butterflied filet that serves two average people and is so tender you almost don't need a knife.

Last edited by EscapeCalifornia; 08-09-2011 at 12:30 AM..

Old 04-04-2008, 10:44 AM

OK, I went to Guadalupe yesterday. I unfortunately didn't have time to go to the steak house. I interviewed and then shadowed one of my possible future co-workers. It's a pretty relaxed quit town. I liked the fact that the crime rate is very low, the people seem nice enough, and there's NO traffic problems. I think as long as you have employment and your NOT single looking for a party, it's probably a very nice place to be. I also have a prospective job in Lompoc, I have to be out there on the 9th. I've actually almost went to work for Lompoc last year so I know about that city. Truthfully, I'll take the first offer. My profession unfortunately has a very long hiring process, so we'll see what happens. Thanks for the info everyone gave me.

Old 04-05-2008, 05:05 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,879,293 times
The wonderful thing about Santa Maria is, the Far Western steak house is just a start. There are so many wonderful places to eat there, you better be very careful, or you'll end up on weight watchers..! Santa Marie is famous for it's Tri-tip BBQ, and it's available everywhere. In my trips there, I have never had a bad meal..... I wish I lived closer...

Old 04-07-2008, 08:23 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,271,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftgolfer View Post
OK, I went to Guadalupe yesterday. I unfortunately didn't have time to go to the steak house. I interviewed and then shadowed one of my possible future co-workers. It's a pretty relaxed quit town. I liked the fact that the crime rate is very low, the people seem nice enough, and there's NO traffic problems. I think as long as you have employment and your NOT single looking for a party, it's probably a very nice place to be. I also have a prospective job in Lompoc, I have to be out there on the 9th. I've actually almost went to work for Lompoc last year so I know about that city. Truthfully, I'll take the first offer. My profession unfortunately has a very long hiring process, so we'll see what happens. Thanks for the info everyone gave me.

Aww cmon, were not that bad here in Lompoc. Guadalupe over here......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California