Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 02:33 PM

3 posts, read 19,573 times

Advertisements

Is this development actually only for over 55 or do families with young kids live there too? We are thinking about moving there from out of state because we like the school district, homes and it would be close to grandparents. I met a woman with young kids that live there and she swears that it is not strictly for active adults. Does anyone know about this? ANyone live there that is posting or know someone that lives there?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 07:57 PM

1,687 posts, read 6,071,467 times
I don't live there but I heard that 1 person in the family needs to be 55 or over at Trilogy in Nipomo. So if you or your spouse is over 55 it should be OK.

Trilogy is a PUD so you would also be constrained by CC&Rs so make sure you read them closely before buying.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:25 AM

169 posts, read 764,423 times
Why don't you just look it up on their website? I found their phone number there:
1-800-685-6494
Hope that helps.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:46 AM

3 posts, read 19,573 times
The web site is what confuses me because it says that the community is for active adults but does not say it is only for active adults. However, the person I met said there were several families with young kids so I am trying to find out for sure before we commit to the development. I also want to respect the older couples that may have decided to move there because they did not want to be in a family (kid occupied) development. If this is the case, I'd rather look at other developments in Nipomo.

Old 10-16-2009, 03:50 PM

1 posts, read 7,287 times
Most Trilogy developments are age restricted but this one and also Encantera in AZ are not.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:02 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,955,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conaus38 View Post
Is this development actually only for over 55 or do families with young kids live there too? We are thinking about moving there from out of state because we like the school district, homes and it would be close to grandparents. I met a woman with young kids that live there and she swears that it is not strictly for active adults. Does anyone know about this? ANyone live there that is posting or know someone that lives there?
Thanks
I looked at Trilogy when it first opened. The homes are nicely designed but,on fairly small lots. I didn't like the 55 age limit so we ruled it out. The prices were fairly steep at the time but, I notice since then they have lowered them.
You can get much better prices in other parts of town. The other thing that was pretty outrageous was the HOA dues every month. At the time they were around $300/month and that is the base. IT will go up every year!
Also,I am not tooo fond of CC&R's. I lived in a restricted subdivision once and the restrictions and the lawsuits were unbelievable. I will never again live in a subdivision where my neighbor can tell me what to paint my house!!!

Old 10-16-2009, 04:59 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,519,970 times
I suggest, a home on an acre or two. You can find such a thing around Nipomo. You can have a garden, horses for the tykes, another problem with trilogy is Dorothea Lange Elementary, you want your kids at Dana, in my opinion

Last edited by Clarks; 10-16-2009 at 05:18 PM..

Old 10-17-2009, 07:49 PM

268 posts, read 817,188 times
I took a walk thru the model homes in the "family" section. I saw nothing but grey hair walking around. The sale lady did assure me that they had "a couple" of families living in that section. They are giving deep discounts on anything on that development. The sales lady told me sales are really off and some owners are upsidedown. Fools and their money...as the saying goes.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:08 PM

11 posts, read 38,809 times
I have some friends who live in Trilogy. I wouldn't live there, but then again I don't want to hear my neighbors' conversations. I had enough of that in SF. The association fees are ($400/mo?) ridiculous and many folks in Nipomo are pissed that the Trilogy developers did not finish the Willow Project prior to breaking ground...I live in Nipomo and don't have anything good to say about Trilogy as neighbors.
Clarks is right, you want your kids at Dana instead of Dorothea Lange...

Old 05-11-2010, 07:01 PM

2 posts, read 8,124 times
Angry Trilogy,

Quote:
Originally Posted by conaus38 View Post
Thanks
Hello,
My Wife and i lived out there at trilogy for about two years. one of the biggest mistakes we ever made! at first it was more of a retirement age community with people buying vacation homes there that would eventually live there permanantly. but it was always open to all ages. we had more issues with cc&r regulations and what you can and can not do out there. there was always changes to the rules as they went along. always issues with people just walking off of highway one onto the golf coarse wandering around the neighborhood. no one at the golf coarse or the management co. did anything about it.
HOA'S are around 320.00 right now. that gets you the use of the pool and gym area. front yard is also mowed. no street sweeper! dont let them fool you about all the things that are part of the hoa fees , like the art/pottery room, spa, wine room, golf, etc. they charge a fee for all those things and more! most everthing is open to the general public. at one town hall meeting they had brought up the fact that at the end of the build out, HOA'S would be over 500.00 per mo. i am a native to this area( third generation) and do not reccomend Trilogy. try Cypress ridge Golf Coarse in arroyo grande. they have existing homes and lots for sale. Its also gated unlike Trilogy. Arroyo Grande has some great schools also.
Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California