Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 05:13 PM

5 posts, read 43,497 times

Advertisements

Mara salvatrucha x3,m.p x3,and hardsideclick x3 are aligning themselves
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 05:38 PM

5 posts, read 43,497 times
M.p x3,hardsideclick x3,and mara salvatrucha x3 possible alliance

Old 08-06-2009, 05:49 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,844,245 times
I'm not sure why I'm even posting in this thread... but what could these gangs possibly be allying for/against in Paso Robles? It's a small wine growing town...

Old 08-07-2009, 09:46 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LASam View Post
I'm not sure why I'm even posting in this thread... but what could these gangs possibly be allying for/against in Paso Robles? It's a small wine growing town...
That was my thought. If I were in LA and a 'gang member' came up to me and started harassing me, I'd probably be scared.

If a 'gang member' in Paso came up to me and did the same thing, I'd probably laugh, punch him, and walk away.

You have zero street cred if you're a gang member in PASO.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:50 PM

1,634 posts, read 6,718,027 times
You don't hear about it too much now. Not that long ago, the gang violence was more prevelent. There were some killings, shootings, stabbings. What comes to mind, is a killing of a 16 yr. old Paso High student who was playing basketball at the park by a gang member about 10 yrs. ago. Paso seems to have gotten better. But in reality, there are probably more gang members in town. The good news is, as Paso Robles' reputation as a world class wine region grows those bastards'll get forced out...hopefully. Does Napa have a gang problem?

Old 08-07-2009, 06:25 PM

266 posts, read 1,002,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LASam View Post
I think they are trying to lobby for a Mall to hang out in!!!

Old 09-04-2009, 11:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,057 times
Hardside click is layin low but still very active recruting handling out beat downs for 13 sec if u wanna be put down 56 deep layin low waitin for orders soon to come out an handle sum ****en rats with paper work u ****en chaaavaaaasssss

Old 09-05-2009, 11:53 AM

314 posts, read 935,840 times
My sister in law's daughter just moved to Paso Robles, she is in the US Army and is stationed there and she was trying to get cable in a house she's renting. The cableman went up in the attic and came back down and said," Excuse me M'am but you have marijuana growing in your attic" She immediately called the police. Her mom doesnt feel safe with her living there now.

Old 09-05-2009, 01:20 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,584,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whydoucare? View Post
My sister in law's daughter just moved to Paso Robles, she is in the US Army and is stationed there and she was trying to get cable in a house she's renting. The cableman went up in the attic and came back down and said," Excuse me M'am but you have marijuana growing in your attic" She immediately called the police. Her mom doesnt feel safe with her living there now.
I believe this may be the link that some of you are looking for. Gang members don't set up shop in a certain kind of neighborhood because it has the reputation for being tough. Street gangs have become intra-state and transnational for one main reason: Drugs and the money they generate. There are Crips in St. Louis now not so much because of music videos or movies. Originally they got started there in the early 1990s by L.A. Crips who wanted a piece of the local drug market. Ditto for places like Houston and Little Rock. Rap videos just helped make their quest to take over certain communities easier.

It's about money folks. Granted, I am not saying these guys are making big money in central California. But the example above could provide insight into the intent of these gangs. The market for illegal drugs is very broad. And it is the most lucrative enterprise for a street gang.

Think about it. While the demand may be high for drugs in big cities like Los Angeles so is the competition to supply that demand. As a result they look for other avenues away from the competition. IMHO,that is a big reason why we are seeing gangs pop up places we never expected. It's not the only reason. But it plays a major role.

Old 09-06-2009, 02:19 AM

723 posts, read 1,634,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chino123 View Post
This is my theory, I believe alot of this has to do with the media. Have you seen movies that show gang activity? Well the gangster character most likely is going to be hispanic...So little kids start watching this **** since they are little...Rap videos featuring rappers as gangsters with lots of money, women, and nice rides...Also lowrider shows(nothing but O.G.'s featured there, dressed in dickies with cortez shoes, driving their lowriders with hot hynas) So lil kids are drawn to this **** because they see a character on tv that looks like their dad or uncle, so they identify with this ****...So they think that if they wanna be bad ass they have to act like them...Also I think that it has to do with the mexican culture...mexicans are violent by nature and that is passed down from generation to generation...and a way to express your violence and anger is in a gang...Also it has to do with the parents: Mexican families have different cultures and believes - different ways of raising their children. Sometime mexican parents work all day and don't have time to pay attention to the kid or just dont really bother to pay attention to who their kids hang out with, so the kid starts bangin as a way to belong, they get the attention they want in a gang, something they dont get at home, and parents dont realize the serious **** that their kid is in until is to late to take control of the situation...Also if we go back in history, the first hispanics gangs have alot of influence on the new generation of hipanic kids joining gangs. Lets say an O.G. has a son, the son wants to be like his dad and becomes a gangster, his cousins see this **** and join in. The cousins go to a different school and influence their friends to join in. Then one of the cousins moves to another city, lets say Paso Robles and starts influencing younger more vulnerable kids to start banging like him, then those younger kids influence other kids and groups start breaking up and forming different gangs...Its like a wave- getting bigger and spreading out...So, I believe it has to do with the way the mexican parents raise their children(mexican parents, on average beat their kids way more than and show less love than the average white parent), the environment, and the children's biological traits. Those lil kids in Templeton probably had older cousins in Paso who were in gang activity and thats how it started..."My cousin is a gangster, I'm going to be like him because everyone is scared of him, and they are always drinking with girls and having fun, no like my dumb ass in school who get no booty or attention." So thats how **** starts...Influence is a major part, plus peer pressure too. And, the Santa Margarita gang were influence by gang related family members in Santa Maria, most likely, and it has been passed down from generation to generation....One last thought...look on myspace and all the lil hispanic kids from paso and surounding areas portray them selfs as lil gangsters, let me know how many pics you count of lil kids throwing gang signs(I believe they do so to attract the girls and be looked as cool, since in movies the gangster always gets the girl!)
I could not read this because there are about 5 paragraphs combined into one. Take a basic writing course or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California