Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 01:48 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
"The illegals came here and took over our land, they brought a heckuva crimewave, took all the good jobs, made signs in their own language, flew their flag over our land!!! took over the whole place."

Chief Falling Rock,,
I've tried to make this point many times, but some people just don't get it... "but Mexicans are different!", "that was 100 years ago!", etc. I'd bet money that 50 years from now, it'll be another immigrant group people are b-tching about. Sad....

Old 12-22-2006, 01:53 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliguy29 View Post
Their is nothing wrong with protesting,but when your an Illegal Immigrant it's extremely offensive to protest and show disrespect to the Country that provided food on the table,money in your pocket,healthcare and education.

Yes,this is the land of the free,but it's also the land of laws.
And the right to protest is one of those laws, whether you're illegal or not... offensive, maybe, but it's still not against the law (how they came here is irrelevant in the case of a protest/gathering).

Old 12-22-2006, 02:35 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,155,830 times
I think some politician said "we should give amnesty to illegal aliens to atone for our past practices of slavery and racism". I am dumbfounded. What I am hearing is "We brought in alot of free slave labor in the past so now that times are different lets bring in millions of illegal immigrants for cheap labor. Face it the ones who run things want tax brakes and cheap labor for christmas. It is not being racist to want smaller legal immigration and to absolutely want to stop illegal immigration. Absolutely nothing.

Old 12-22-2006, 02:47 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,482,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
I think some politician said "we should give amnesty to illegal aliens to atone for our past practices of slavery and racism". I am dumbfounded. What I am hearing is "We brought in alot of free slave labor in the past so now that times are different lets bring in millions of illegal immigrants for cheap labor. Face it the ones who run things want tax brakes and cheap labor for christmas. It is not being racist to want smaller legal immigration and to absolutely want to stop illegal immigration. Absolutely nothing.
Yes, you're right! Anyone who supports illegal immigration is a closet racist!

Think of it this way:Those closet racist always announce that "illegals" do the work legal citizens don't! Now to use some sort of analogy: A legal citizen who is a fugitive is not going to look for "main-stream" work. That being said, politicians and business owners who use that rhetoric of illegals doing the work legal citizens don't want to do are closet racists.

You can thank your/our government for that! Holding a particular lower class hostage while degrading what America stands for. A free and progressive society!

Old 12-22-2006, 08:54 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,441,758 times
mmm let us do a relative morality scale; 1. millions of people come from another country illegally to work.
2. 5 armies enter your country, occupy your national capital, occupy your ports for several years and cut 1/2 of your country away and claim it as your own. And since your method of land surveying differs from theirs, they claim your property rights invalid and take the land your family has lived on for generations..

You tell me which is immoral and racist.

Old 12-22-2006, 12:28 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,876,072 times
It sure seems like nothing is against the law for Illegal Immigrants
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
And the right to protest is one of those laws, whether you're illegal or not... offensive, maybe, but it's still not against the law (how they came here is irrelevant in the case of a protest/gathering).

Old 12-22-2006, 12:32 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,480,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliguy29 View Post
It sure seems like nothing is against the law for Illegal Immigrants
I thought you said you'd agree to disagree and let this go?

Old 12-22-2006, 04:03 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,876,072 times
I am gonna let it go,because I understand that everyone has different views on this type of issue,and I don't want to end up having to go on and on debating about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
I thought you said you'd agree to disagree and let this go?

Old 12-22-2006, 04:09 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,441,758 times
Quote:
i want you to take your greasy hands back to where you came from!
This appears to be a very clear attempt at a personal insult. Since persons of Mexican descent have been called greasers during the American occupation, although generally persons calling Mexicans greasers have no idea that the term came from the young hispanic boys hired to grease axles on the American freight wagons that used the Santa Fe Trail.

And calling it the Mexican War, implies that the Mexicans had something to do with it other than simply being attacked, which would be historically inaccurate. It is truthfully, the War of American Aggression against Mexico.

Last edited by greatbasinguide; 12-22-2006 at 04:29 PM..

Old 12-22-2006, 08:15 PM

989 posts, read 5,925,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
lets bring in millions of illegal immigrants for cheap labor.
Why this impression Illegals are so cheap? Last I checked, Aug. 2006, according to the Calabasas newspaper(The Acorn) the average illegal dayworker in Calabasas, Agoura, Thousand Oaks made $15/hour. That isn't that low. I know plenty of unemployed Americans and students would enjoy that compensation. Besides, there's no taxes withdrawn- so it's more hefty than it seems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California