Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 06:52 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
If Cali didn't have the USA backing them, they would very quickly devolve into another state of Mexico.
And if California gold didnt back the union during the civil war, the country probably wouldnt have lasted.

[Ulysses S.]Grant once said on the topic of California’s support to the war effort, “I do not know what we would do in this great national emergency if it were not for the gold sent from California.”

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/a...ring-civil-war

So dont bite the hand that saved you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2019, 07:05 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times
^America wouldn't of existed if it wasn't for CA pulling away from Pangea and forming the continent.

#DontBiteTheHandThatFeedsYou

Old 07-09-2019, 07:26 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,758,571 times
Liberal Californians patting themselves on the back for funding the military industrial complex and border walls?
Just think if you reigned it in a little....
Do realize red states are on to something. Give the feds less money, and it becomes less likely they’ll force everyone to participate in things they disagree with.
Different states have different cultures. Let each one largely govern itself within reason. I only throw in “within reason” because some looney toon will inevitably think slavery would pop back up if not for the heavy hand of Uncle Sam.

Old 07-09-2019, 07:36 AM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Haha this is your smoking gun? I hate to break it to you but it's shooting blanks.

According to the report which is the basis of the article you linked, California received $455 Million more in federal spending than it paid in taxes collected.

But upon further investigation by me, that's because Trump increased defense personnel spending in CA by $1.2 billion in 2017 from where it was in 2016.

2017 Defense Spending:
Defense Spending by State - Fiscal Year 2017 | Office of Economic Adjustment

2016 Defense Spending:
Defense Spending by State | Office of Economic Adjustment

This wasnt even an expenditure on civilians. So removing that $1.2 billion takes CA back to donor status to the tune of $755 Million OWED TO US. We accept cash only btw.

Your state Georgia on the other hand, mooched $23 billion off of other states in 2017.

So the next time you come at me, do yourself a favor and dont.

Montclair, you have a history of posts arguing with people.
Seen it on many posts.
Are you fearful I might come at you because of your week posts?
You still look like a fool.
As far as Georgia, I never said anything to the contrary of it’s status. I guess you had to bring it up to deflect the fact that your intent to make California more than what it is failed and you had no other ideas.
As far as 2017, why don’t you look up current dates instead of the past.
Thanks neutrino junior.

Old 07-09-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
lol - don't play with numbers to try to get yourself out of an error. You've obviously never have lived in a town or city with military bases. They pump a huge amount of money into the local economy. Is your memory short enough that you don't remember the impact the Bush/Clinton base closures had on California? It hurt.
His memory isn’t short, just biased and selective.

Old 07-09-2019, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Do realize red states are on to something. Give the feds less money, and it becomes less likely they’ll force everyone to participate in things they disagree with.
Hello? They pay less because they earn less.

I love how the current crop of fake conservatives LOVE to talk about how much of their tax dollars are used pay to support the poor and needy when its red states that drain resources the most. By far.

Old 07-09-2019, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Montclair, you have a history of posts arguing with people.
Seen it on many posts.
Are you fearful I might come at you because of your week posts?
You still look like a fool.
As far as Georgia, I never said anything to the contrary of it’s status. I guess you had to bring it up to deflect the fact that your intent to make California more than what it is failed and you had no other ideas.
As far as 2017, why don’t you look up current dates instead of the past.
Thanks neutrino junior.
Like I said, we take cash only.

Old 07-09-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Like I said, we take cash only.
If you love California so much why do you say Switzerland?
As far as cash, at least you now admit the state takes money , not gives.
Glad you figured that out.

Old 07-09-2019, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Hello? They pay less because they earn less.

I love how the current crop of fake conservatives LOVE to talk about how much of their tax dollars are used pay to support the poor and needy when its red states that drain resources the most. By far.
Love to see how people like yourself brag of the economic powerhouse of California that California is, yet has problems of homeless and more people on welfare than any other state. I guess you’re wealthy, but don’t care about others, even in your home state. You have enough money, this shouldn’t exist in California if you really cared about people, but I guess you don’t.

Old 07-09-2019, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
As far as cash, at least you now admit the state takes money , not gives.
Glad you figured that out.
No that would be YOUR state. $23 Billion Id be embarrassed but as a Christian, I dont mind helping the needy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: