Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 07:23 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,878,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
Wait! Do I understand what just happened here correctly?!?

Did kttam186290 call out my post asking if the OP is involved in City marketing or Chamber of Commerce as a racist post? What long arm of desperate victimhood produced that epiphany? What on earth in my post caused kttam to label my post (and therefore me) racist? I questioned whether the OP came onto a forum largely used by people to explore places to live and did nothing but sing Bakersfield's praises in order to promote Bakersfield from a professional, biased perspective. Seeing a racist intent or overtone because I sought clarification as to the OP's motives in posting is such an incredulous leap of logic that it renders me nearly speechless. Jaw dropped at the very least. Gobsmacked, certainly.

Someone who sees such evil behind every innocence is likely one who fosters such evil themselves. One may as well have stated that the comment of "I like cement floors instead of wood floors in a house" is also racist because cement floors are generally of a lighter tone than most wood surfaces. Or because cement is "made" and wood is "organic", therefore it is racist. Or the number in your username, which is a data sheet for a specific machined part with male threads. Does that make you mysoginistic, a sexist, a male chauvinist? At least that accusation is based on something concrete and objective, unlike yours.

What warped sense of reality must one live in to possess such a twisted perspective of an everyday statement that implies no such intent other than that which is clearly evident on its face?

I am offended and astounded. I am going to assume you made such a baseless and serious allegation because you can't help yourself and not because you attacked me, someone you do not know, you have never met, and you based your very serious allegation on a medium that does not allow for the conveyance of tone, expression, or other non-verbals to solidify a text-only post's intent.

I feel sorry for you kttam if I understand correctly that you directly stated that my comment (which you quoted when you made the claim) was racist. Your grasp of reality is fleeting and you should seek professional and possibly medicinal assistance before you hurt someone or yourself.

If I understood your post incorrectly, I apologize, but I'm not certain I could see it any other way as you quoted my one sentence before accusing it (and thus me) racist.
WOW..love the rebuttal..Near classic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2020, 04:18 AM

275 posts, read 421,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Fairly high crime rate.
I have read that one reason Bakersfield is considered among the worst for crime is that there are fewer police based on the amount of crime or the population or something like that. The Wikipedia article about the Bakersfield Police Department lists a West, East and South substation but the City of Bakersfield - Bakersfield Substations page of the official website says nothing about the East substation. I consider that poor management.

The Wikipedia article did not give the street number of the East substation but it is barely visible in the photo so I was able to add the street number to the Wikipedia article. Google Maps also does not have all the substations but I think I submitted an addition of the East substation.

If the Bakersfield Police Department want to clean up crime then they can start by cleaning up their website and relevant other information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California