Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2022, 09:57 AM

382 posts, read 179,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Have they banned Private Jets yet ?
Didn't you get the memo, Rakin? John Kerry, Al Gore, Taylor Swift, Leo DiCaprio, and all the CCR (Climate Change Retar-s) crew are free to emit as much carbon as possible while all the minions are responsible to help the environment. Meanwhile, in CA we'll continue to pay one of the highest electrical Kwh rates in the world while possibly having blackouts over the next 5 days. PG&E, the worst, just seems to blackout every month or so for no particular reason. We've been lucky so far this summer though to not have one yet. We'll see about this weekend, but we'll be out of town and expect to come back to clocks flashing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2022, 11:09 AM

2,022 posts, read 1,736,000 times
For about $ 650 you can get a small, 1600 watt generator, a gas can, 1 quart of oil, a funnel, and extension cords. This puppy runs our small 2 bedroom house 80% of the time. By the way, I might buy another before it gets banned. 1 gallon 87 octane is good for 11 hours.

And for the other 20% of time we start up the big Generac, on NG. If they ban small generators along with the big ones on NG, there could be riots here in the Sierra foothills.

Last edited by mgforshort; 08-31-2022 at 11:21 AM..

Old 08-31-2022, 11:10 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter858 View Post
Didn't you get the memo, Rakin? John Kerry, Al Gore, Taylor Swift, Leo DiCaprio, and all the CCR (Climate Change Retar-s) crew are free to emit as much carbon as possible while all the minions are responsible to help the environment. Meanwhile, in CA we'll continue to pay one of the highest electrical Kwh rates in the world while possibly having blackouts over the next 5 days. PG&E, the worst, just seems to blackout every month or so for no particular reason. We've been lucky so far this summer though to not have one yet. We'll see about this weekend, but we'll be out of town and expect to come back to clocks flashing.
I get it now.

Leo can have a Private Jet only if you turn in your lawnmower. It's a sacrifice all of us should be willing to make. What's funny is they have those Climate Summits in Belgium and you see 43 private jets parked on the runway. And they wonder why we don't trust them.

Let's add 5 million EV's to the CA grid and watch it pop. But by then you'll be working on credits and your quota for the month will be revoked. There will be AI tracking all EV's everyday, all day. We can shut you down for any reason we deem needed.

Old 08-31-2022, 01:40 PM

11,407 posts, read 5,960,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'm probably going to be your neighbor before that. Don't key my truck
I just moved here from Sacramento myself a year ago. We'll keep the light on for you.

Old 09-03-2022, 06:46 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Have they banned Private Jets yet ?
Al Gore still has his...

Old 09-03-2022, 09:51 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Al Gore still has his...
So, if some people act in hypocritical ways that means the greater issue is invalid? Al Gore has an airplane so let’s all go ahead and ignore our own responsibility to behave sustainably, right?

Old 09-04-2022, 07:08 AM

1,108 posts, read 527,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
So, if some people act in hypocritical ways that means the greater issue is invalid? Al Gore has an airplane so let’s all go ahead and ignore our own responsibility to behave sustainably, right?
Would that also include those tax cheats who work under the table and make the rest of us pay higher taxes? Or those who did not wear their mask when there was a mandate to do so like newsome and pelosi?

Old 09-04-2022, 08:30 AM

134 posts, read 38,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Seeing how the hucksters promoting this the most are hypocrites, yes. Don’t preach if you can’t toe the line, nothing more hypocritical than a progressive mouth breather who lectures you on topics they are clueless about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by done working View Post
Would that also include those tax cheats who work under the table and make the rest of us pay higher taxes? Or those who did not wear their mask when there was a mandate to do so like newsome and pelosi?
From out of state, I stand in AWE at how stupid California politicians are. Hypocrite doesn’t begin to describe these out of touch vermin and elitist scum. Nothing worse than these parasites lecturing the sheeple while violating their own precepts. When my brother visited me from California, he was shocked how really backwards California has become... he’ll be moving soon with his family.

Old 09-04-2022, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by done working View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasallyellow View Post
Seeing how the hucksters promoting this the most are hypocrites, yes. Don’t preach if you can’t toe the line, nothing more hypocritical than a progressive mouth breather who lectures you on topics they are clueless about.
Neither of you two ^^ seem to understand my question. The question isn’t whether there are hypocrites out there. The question isn’t whether they are acting poorly.

The question is: does other people acting poorly constitute an excuse for everyone else to then also act poorly? Or, should the rest of us act responsibly?

A politician beats his wife :. We can all go ahead and beat our wives because the politician does.
Make sense to you?

Old 09-04-2022, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasallyellow View Post
…
From out of state, I stand in AWE at how stupid California politicians are. Hypocrite doesn’t begin to describe these out of touch vermin and elitist scum. Nothing worse than these parasites lecturing the sheeple while violating their own precepts. When my brother visited me from California, he was shocked how really backwards California has become... he’ll be moving soon with his family.
From out of state: do you actually find politicians *smart* anywhere? Or do you just like what you get somewhere else more than what California voters support?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California