Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2022, 09:19 AM

2,611 posts, read 1,208,566 times

Advertisements

The pandemic is over, Covid is not.

Sadly, this is the "New Normal".

Old 10-12-2022, 09:58 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,631,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
I still wear a mask every day when I go outside.
That's not something I would brag about lol

Old 10-12-2022, 10:17 AM

2,611 posts, read 1,208,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
That's not something I would brag about lol
You are right, I should be wearing TWO masks!

Old 10-12-2022, 12:24 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,876,407 times
https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...location=alert
The article suggests that American Long-Covid rates by length are similar. Not good, with modern economies always fragile. I'd like to see the numbers for working-age and younger people, plus symptom severity at 3 months.
Earlier this week the UK said it has record levels of people dropping out of the workplace due to long-term illness.

Also, an article about former knockout Emma Samm's Long-Covid.
https://people.com/health/emma-samms...ral-hospital/?

Old 10-12-2022, 04:17 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,071,084 times
Have you met anyone or heard of anyone in your extended circle that has or had long covid ?

Some are making it sound like the bushes are full of them and I still haven’t seen, heard of or met one yet?
How could that possibly be?
Oh yeah…

Old 10-12-2022, 07:18 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,681,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
Have you met anyone or heard of anyone in your extended circle that has or had long covid ?
I have an older (70s) neighbor who had severe Covid early on and was hospitalized for about a month. After 2 1/2 years, she still has some respiratory issues. She told me she is "supposed" to be on O2, but she actually manages without it. Is that "long Covid" or just lung damage caused by a serious infection? Other serious infections can cause permanent lung and other damage too. How come people don't talk about "long flu" or "long pneumonia"?

I also read through a list of symptoms and I don't understand how many of these random symptoms can be definitively linked to a mild infection years ago. Sleep problems? Common in older adults. Menstrual changes? Absolutely normal as women age. Headaches? Could be caused by a whole raft of other things. Depression? Ditto. I'm willing to bet that it's just coincidence that many people who have these problems also once had Covid.

Old 10-12-2022, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
I have an older (70s) neighbor who had severe Covid early on and was hospitalized for about a month. After 2 1/2 years, she still has some respiratory issues. She told me she is "supposed" to be on O2, but she actually manages without it. Is that "long Covid" or just lung damage caused by a serious infection? Other serious infections can cause permanent lung and other damage too. How come people don't talk about "long flu" or "long pneumonia"?

I also read through a list of symptoms and I don't understand how many of these random symptoms can be definitively linked to a mild infection years ago. Sleep problems? Common in older adults. Menstrual changes? Absolutely normal as women age. Headaches? Could be caused by a whole raft of other things. Depression? Ditto. I'm willing to bet that it's just coincidence that many people who have these problems also once had Covid.
I haven't heard there is a long pneumonia. Long flu isn't going to be common due to the lack of flu cases compared to COVID-19 cases, higher rate of up-to-date flu vaccinations, and probably other reasons.

I personally don't consider overt lung injury Long-Covid, and for some patients that's from being ventilated.

Of course there is real Long-Covid, it isn't rare, and you're just playing games to deny it. Doctors with competence wouldn't diagnose it based on mundane symptoms and would require symptoms such as major fatigue, breathing issues, rapid onset of diabetes in a slim person, fainting spells, etc. Plus, they'd try to verify there was an infection and rule out other possible causes.

Old 10-13-2022, 06:02 PM

It looks like I was right again.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...committee.html
Pfizer and Moderna have been wrongfully cozy with the government.

I think the government should stop that and more urgently spur creation of better vaccines, but I'm willing to continue being boosted. It looks like Moderna's bivalent version now is becoming widely available here (at least my part of the state).

Also, does anyone know if California still is spending money of its own to convince people to get shots?

Old 10-14-2022, 06:24 AM

26,719 posts, read 26,782,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
It looks like I was right again.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...committee.html
Pfizer and Moderna have been wrongfully cozy with the government.
The Daily Mail is a British tabloid. Why is this information not contained in any other publication?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Also, does anyone know if California still is spending money of its own to convince people to get shots?
California's vaccination incentive program, which was funded by the state's general fund, ended in January of 2022.

Old 10-14-2022, 10:08 AM

382 posts, read 179,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
The Daily Mail is a British tabloid. Why is this information not contained in any other publication?
Well, of course you won't see it in the lamestream media. Same with the opioid crisis. It's a well-known fact, Scott Gottlieb sits on the board of Pfizer. There's also this. No doubt, the government knew all this. Birx even admitted that the vaccines would not stop transmission in an interview and supposedly in her book.

“Regarding the question around did we know about stopping immunization before it entered the market…No.,” Small replied with a smirk when asked by Roos if the Pfizer’ COVID vaccine was ever tested to stop the transmission of the virus before it entered the market.

https://lynnwoodtimes.com/2022/10/11...ission-221011/

Then, there's this from when Ford was President. No, the government would never lie to us. Why is this so hard for people to comprehend. Politicians don't care about us. All of them, not a one. Amazing.

The deaths in Pittsburgh would be the start. While there was no causal evidence linking these deaths to the vaccine, they triggered many people to come forward claiming evidence of ill health, falsely blaming the inoculation. Nine states shut down their programmes.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...affair-of-1976

Meanwhile, not only had a pandemic yet to appear, but no swine flu cases outside of the Fort Dix cluster had even been reported. Even if there was no connection between the vaccine and Guillain-Barré syndrome, the risk was no longer acceptable. After the vaccination of 45 million Americans—nearly a quarter of the country’s population—the government halted the program on December 16.

https://www.history.com/news/swine-f...tion-year-1976
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California