Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2020, 04:08 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,668,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Ultimately about precise level of risk, who cares? There is risk to all that and too many cases almost everywhere, just try not pick favorites, Big Government. When the numbers are less, prioritize needs of the public, e.g., dining on restaurant premises is enjoyable to almost all but it's not a need. Los Angeles, by the way, has a government-run, at least partly donor-funded program to directly financially help out-of-work restaurant employees.
I agree but that is what the govt seems to be doing; picking favorites. I don't think a lockdown can make much of a difference at this point. Govt can't fix everything.

Old 12-22-2020, 04:29 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Trump seems to manage to collect a ton of money for his PAC from online donations. Many of his supporters are the same religious zealots, so clearly they know how to use online payments.
I wonder if you’re upset that darned constitution protects the “religious zealots”.

Old 12-22-2020, 04:30 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,828,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Are you talking about the current president that enacted warp speed and got the vaccine to us in under a year
In November, when Pfizer first announced its vaccine, Vice President Mike Pence credited the “public-private partnership forged” by President Trump. Pfizer then denied it was part of Operation Warp Speed, the administration’s project to accelerate vaccine development. “We were never part of the Warp Speed,” Kathrin Jansen, the head of vaccine research at Pfizer said in an interview, “we have never taken any money from the U.S. government, or from anyone.”

It turned out that Pfizer was, in fact, part of the program as a supplier of the vaccine. And while they didn’t take money, the federal government did guarantee a major purchase of the vaccine if Pfizer were successful.

There’s plenty of room for the U.S. to chest-thump about its role in the record-pace rollout of these vaccines. But it’s worth keeping in mind that this was a group project on a global scale, and without the benefits of that global scale, we’d surely be waiting a lot longer.

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...ion-immigrants

Quote:
When did Trump say it’s no big deal like the flu?
All The Times Trump Compared Covid-19 To The Flu, Even After He Knew Covid-19 Was Far More Deadly:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybe...h=677889a5f9d2

Old 12-22-2020, 04:32 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Hardly anyone gives in the church anymore at the places I’ve been. Most of it is done online now.
I think the problem is the mega churches. My Brother-in-law is a Baptist minister in Missouri and he's been conducting his services on zoom since March or April. He said his congregation has grown because older home bound people and people who have a long drive to get to the Church can now attend services at home.

Old 12-22-2020, 04:34 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,285,595 times
Quote:
Are you talking about the current president that enacted warp speed and got the vaccine to us in under a year which Biden thanked him for yesterday after getting his vax? When did Trump say it’s no big deal like the flu? After he shut down the economy and locked us down right after the pandemic hit our shore? You have no idea what your talking about your liberal indoctrination is complete
The vaccine is our long-term solution and I do give him credit for this. However, this doesn't replace the 325k Americans (and counting) that have died during this pandemic. This number could've been a lot lower had we enacted stricter measures nationwide.

Old 12-22-2020, 04:36 PM

San Francisco's top health official estimates new lockdown has already saved 330 lives

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...uzovzWtABCuYhE

Old 12-22-2020, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I think the problem is the mega churches. My Brother-in-law is a Baptist minister in Missouri and he's been conducting his services on zoom since March or April. He said his congregation has grown because older home bound people and people who have a long drive to get to the Church can now attend services at home.
Even the smaller churches have services online or at least they could. It’s not that hard to have a website and stream online. Not to turn this into a religious discussion, but part of the Christian doctrine is assembling together. I’m sure you know that.

I’m not sure about other faiths.

Old 12-22-2020, 04:38 PM

Quote:
I wonder if you’re upset that darned constitution protects the “religious zealots”.
People are free to believe what they want and I support this. What I don't support is mass gathering that puts the lives of them and others in the community at risk.

Old 12-22-2020, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
People are free to believe what they want and I support this. What I don't support is mass gathering that puts the lives of them and others in the community at risk.
Gathering together is part of the Christian faith.

Countdown to “is part of the Christian faith to put people at risk?” In 5...4...3...2...1

Old 12-22-2020, 04:41 PM

Quote:
That’s part of the Christian faith.
Not everyone in the community subscribes to this. This pandemic is not about you, me or other individuals. Its about us as an entire community and we should be doing everything we can to keep one another safe.

And no, the Christian faith is not putting others at risk, its the congregating part. But nice try in deflecting. Nobody is telling anyone what they can and cannot believe in and what they can't celebrate, its how they celebrate during this time.

Also, drinking wine is part of the Catholic church. Would you say that doing so and then getting behind the wheel is part of the Christian faith? I think not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California