Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2021, 11:58 AM

2,379 posts, read 1,815,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
I don’t think anyone is talking about those who died before or in the early days of the vaccine. But if you’re at risk and you refuse the vaccine and you die, yeah it is your fault.

I think there would be a considerably higher vaccination rate if there was not all these vaccine conspiracy theories out there and other BS regarding vaccines. I have seen some of it myself online.

Old 12-15-2021, 12:09 PM

3,347 posts, read 2,311,269 times
Its interesting as Colorado is currently a deep blue state that sometimes outruns California in Progressiveness at times.
Colorado had strict measures until summer of this year.

There are plenty of legit health concerns for older people and vaccines that is not conspiracy hysteria. Of course anyone who doubts the overlords are automatically labeled as a conspiracy theorist.

I be curious whether the mask police aka health officers are "yelping their sirens" at unmasked people and business owners once again today. I would not be surprised if they think its not far enough in a few days and take even more drastic measures i.e curfews or indoor limits.

Old 12-15-2021, 12:18 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
California mask mandates are back amid omicron's rise. Here's how well they fared vs. delta.

As you can see in the graph below, the data suggests that how a county fared against delta was mostly dependent upon vaccination rates, not indoor mask mandates

To be clear: That trend does not indicate that mask mandates made the delta surge worse (Placer County and Santa Barbara County have identical vaccination rates, and Santa Barbara, which mandated masks, had a much lower case rate of 31.3), but simply shows a lack of correlation between mask mandates and the overall trajectory of spread, when accounting for the impact of vaccination rates. Health experts largely agree that vaccines are a more effective intervention than masks.

Old 12-15-2021, 12:47 PM

13,656 posts, read 9,714,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
As you can see in the graph below, the data suggests that how a county fared against delta was mostly dependent upon vaccination rates, not indoor mask mandates
Mine seems to be the lonelinest and rarest of all positions: staunchly pro-vaxx but even more staunchly anti-mask. Funny, how the evidence seems to at least corroborate my view, if not outright vindicate it.

Old 12-15-2021, 12:58 PM

3,079 posts, read 1,745,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Mine seems to be the lonelinest and rarest of all positions: staunchly pro-vaxx but even more staunchly anti-mask. Funny, how the evidence seems to at least corroborate my view, if not outright vindicate it.
We are the same. triple vaxxed and anti-mask. (at this point, when there was no vax, I wore it)

Old 12-15-2021, 01:10 PM

8,351 posts, read 5,502,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
We are the same. triple vaxxed and anti-mask. (at this point, when there was no vax, I wore it)
Count me in your camp. Very pro vax and booster, very anti-social distancing, restrictions, and mandates.

Old 12-15-2021, 01:18 PM

382 posts, read 179,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
I think this actually describes the majority of the country, just different thinking in CA, and in particular the Bay Area. I'm the same as you, but not triple-vaxxed yet. Going to wait and see. I don't buy the Pfizer CEO saying the booster offers 25 times more protection to Omicron than 2 doses. Show me the data. Never will happen because data is being hid. Even if it did, and Omicron ends up being less severe, then I doubt I will get the booster. If it's worse, then I likely will get the booster. I don't believe in putting so much medicine in your body in such a short period of time. Oh, and re-jumble the words and it becomes "moronic," which is exactly what this is.

Why no one is discussing therapeutics is beyond me. Everyone bitched and moaned that Trump survived Covid because of Regeneron, but he was special to be able to receive it and others are not so lucky. So, why hasn't anyone been given this in the early stages? My understanding it is somewhat readily available. I know of my 82 year-old mother's friends who got Covid and were given this in FL. She has more of a life there, than I do here.

I'm staunchly anti-mask for vaccinated people. However, when we were in Mex City in July, I wore my mask everywhere since they were required and it's not my country. But, walking around outside in crowded markets I took it off until I went up to a place and ordered. I think most people would do the same thing.

Old 12-15-2021, 01:23 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,815,179 times
https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...l-16702386.php

Old 12-15-2021, 01:37 PM

3,079 posts, read 1,745,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter858 View Post
I think this actually describes the majority of the country, just different thinking in CA, and in particular the Bay Area. I'm the same as you, but not triple-vaxxed yet. Going to wait and see. I don't buy the Pfizer CEO saying the booster offers 25 times more protection to Omicron than 2 doses. Show me the data. Never will happen because data is being hid. Even if it did, and Omicron ends up being less severe, then I doubt I will get the booster. If it's worse, then I likely will get the booster. I don't believe in putting so much medicine in your body in such a short period of time. Oh, and re-jumble the words and it becomes "moronic," which is exactly what this is.

Why no one is discussing therapeutics is beyond me. Everyone bitched and moaned that Trump survived Covid because of Regeneron, but he was special to be able to receive it and others are not so lucky. So, why hasn't anyone been given this in the early stages? My understanding it is somewhat readily available. I know of my 82 year-old mother's friends who got Covid and were given this in FL. She has more of a life there, than I do here.

I'm staunchly anti-mask for vaccinated people. However, when we were in Mex City in July, I wore my mask everywhere since they were required and it's not my country. But, walking around outside in crowded markets I took it off until I went up to a place and ordered. I think most people would do the same thing.
I was going to wait on the third as well, but I figured what the hell. It's the same stuff as before, just a smaller dose (I think, don't quote me on that).

Old 12-15-2021, 01:46 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Vaccine-salvation people Until now, I didn't realize how common they are. Holding us back maybe nearly as much as anti-vaxxers. Vaccines were never meant to work well without other precautions, and the science isn't capable of making coronavirus vaccines that work well alone.

Therefore, this makes part of the solution simple: insurance companies will have to push customers to get tested regularly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California