Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 08:18 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
18montclair, I don't know why you keep trying to keep the doom and gloomer's in the state. Let them go, the state is better off without them, in fact this state would be better with 20 or 30 million people following them, leave the state to those who appreciate it.
I dont know why I keep indulging them. Bad habit I guess.

Some haters are actually articulate and point out real issues, but others are just a constant cloud of doom and gloom. Its very strange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 08:26 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,506,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Apples and Oranges.

None of the links you share have anything to do with standard of living.

Standard of Living or Human Development is totally different.

California ranks 11th for Human Development and NY is the only large state to rank higher, according to the most recent and most credible ranking on this subject.
Mapping the Measure of America

California scores higher than any states in the West except Hawaii and Colorado and California scores higher than ANY Southern State.

Not a surprise really.

Folks at the end of the day, you get what you pay for.
Lies.. it's exactly what I described it as :

From your link :
About Human Development — Measure of America: American Human Development Project

This focuses on a narrow slice of things that have to do w/ quality of living (many of which (a long and healthy life) could be attributed to racial makeup of various and the subsequent skews in life expectancy amongst variosu races) .. Has nothing to due w/ taxes or cost of living ... the main things are :
Average state wages
State unemployment rate
State tax rate
State cost of living

.. From your link Colorado is ranked higher than California ...
and from my reference :
Average state wages
State unemployment rate
State tax rate
State cost of living
It is ranked #9 whereas California is ranked #47th...

You don't get what you pay for when the state pisses a large majority of it away

Old 06-21-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
I dont know why I keep indulging them. Bad habit I guess.

Some haters are actually articulate and point out real issues, but others are just a constant cloud of doom and gloom. Its very strange.
You'll only get a so much more thoughtful information from me via my postings.. I wont be here for long (especially after I leave in 2012) .. and you and others will be free to group think your way from reality all you want.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:32 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
You don't get what you pay for when the state pisses a large majority of it away
Actually a market-rate fellow such as yourself should be more appreciative than most of how California is. If you think its too much for you to handle, then by all means, leave. We already have a thousands of people ready to take your place.

Like I said, you get what you pay for with the unsurpassed amenities in California. If you want a bigger house for cheap, move to Texas.

However the numbers are in and it doesnt appear that this translates into a better quality of life. AT ALL. In fact, your QOL decreases. Unfortunately.

Sorry.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Actually a market-rate fellow such as yourself should be more appreciative than most of how California is. If you think its too much for you to handle, then by all means, leave. We already have a thousands of people ready to take your place.

Like I said, you get what you pay for with the unsurpassed amenities in California. If you want a bigger house for cheap, move to Texas.

However the numbers are in and it doesnt appear that this translates into a better quality of life. AT ALL. In fact, your QOL decreases. Unfortunately.

Sorry.
You are seeing what you want to see 18Montclair .. The difference between me is that I actually will go to your links .. hear you out and give a logical response.. as i did to bring the human index rank you linked to into perspective .. You and others ignore links/data/facts/responses and just call people who disagree w/ you haters/complainers/whiners.. when that fails you tell them to leave ...

It's quite comical and transparent ...
Nature made California's geography not taxes/etc.
Nature reminds you of this when it destroys geography as well...
Remember that.. But by all means continue to pay the guy who sets up a booth and tells you it is tax dollars that do .. for nothing.

I'll leave my remarks/data/posts as record going into the future... They stand alone. Not that' i'll care once I leave next year .. but someone will and they'll luckily be able to parse through minded responses/info.

Have a good day MontClair

Old 06-22-2011, 10:20 AM

7,226 posts, read 22,199,581 times
Quote:
No one is taking a negative tone. My tone is to highlight the bigger picture. Why is it that the bigger picture (which is what it is and has nothing to do w/ your anecdotal case) offends so many Californian's? Are you embarrassed? Deal w/ it.. it's reality. Sorry it gets your panties all up in a bunch.

The Numbers and averages speak for themselves..
you still didn't answer my question: "why can't you just accept that i can be happy enjoying my life in CA?"

Old 06-22-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
you still didn't answer my question: "why can't you just accept that i can be happy enjoying my life in CA?"
Let me answer your question w/ another question :
What in the world does that have to do w/ reality/facts/data?

I never claimed to assert anything about happiness. I'm happy everyday I wake up.

Signed on to give my last couple of responses to posts ..
Have a good day !

Old 06-22-2011, 10:53 AM

7,226 posts, read 22,199,581 times
Quote:
Let me answer your question w/ another question :
What in the world does that have to do w/ reality/facts/data?

I never claimed to assert anything about happiness. I'm happy everyday I wake up.

Signed on to give my last couple of responses to posts ..
Have a good day !
it has everything to do with the reality/facts/data pertaining to my life and that's what matters to me and may matter to others who are in a similar position. anyways, it seems clear that you can't handle that people could actually be thriving hin CA without being totally loaded. having said that, i'm glad you are happy and that you'll be leaving for greener pastures. good luck to you sir and may you also have a good day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California