Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 01:54 PM

5 posts, read 22,216 times

Advertisements

We're about to buy a home in the Cypress Ridge golf course community in Arroyo Grande. We've been looking at homes in this area for the past year, and keep getting drawn back to the Cypress Ridge community. We're not big golfers, but this community seems to have a lot of other nice features in addition to the apparently highly rated golf course: gated/guard entrance, Audobon Society bird sanctuary, fitness center on site, nice walking/running trails, very well kept common areas, etc. We're "semi-retired", moving from the Sierra Mountains in northern California. The house we're thinking of buying is on one of the man made lakes with nice distant views of the ocean and sunsets. The lake itself is a really nice setting/view, with the various waterfowl and other birds coming and going. We've met several residents there, and everyone seems really nice and likes living there. But, we're wondering what the "warts" are of living here -Cypress Ridge in particular and/or this general area (SLO, Pismo Beach, etc). Any comments or suggestions from people who live in or near this location would be very appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 03:37 PM

182 posts, read 927,588 times
Windy nearly every day. Sandy. Must drive to get to anytowns nearby...

Old 05-19-2008, 06:05 PM

139 posts, read 360,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierraman View Post
We're about to buy a home in the Cypress Ridge golf course community in Arroyo Grande. We've been looking at homes in this area for the past year, and keep getting drawn back to the Cypress Ridge community. We're not big golfers, but this community seems to have a lot of other nice features in addition to the apparently highly rated golf course: gated/guard entrance, Audobon Society bird sanctuary, fitness center on site, nice walking/running trails, very well kept common areas, etc. We're "semi-retired", moving from the Sierra Mountains in northern California. The house we're thinking of buying is on one of the man made lakes with nice distant views of the ocean and sunsets. The lake itself is a really nice setting/view, with the various waterfowl and other birds coming and going. We've met several residents there, and everyone seems really nice and likes living there. But, we're wondering what the "warts" are of living here -Cypress Ridge in particular and/or this general area (SLO, Pismo Beach, etc). Any comments or suggestions from people who live in or near this location would be very appreciated!
I have lived in Cypress Ridge for nearly a year now. Some days are breezy but that is normal for anywhere along the coast. That is the natural air conditioning that keeps us very comfortable almost all the time. I haven't seen any problem with sand being blown around up here on the mesa. Maybe down near the beach in Pismo and Grover. Just yesterday, it hit a high of 78 here, while up in Paso, it broke a record and got up to 104 degrees. So 20-30 degree temp difference between here and the north county is very common. Your electric bill will be much higher up in the north county due to A/C use. And the natural gas bill will be higher up there since the temp drops a lot more at night up there in the winter. Often well below freezing.

Old 05-23-2008, 03:04 PM

182 posts, read 927,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsGL1800 View Post
I have lived in Cypress Ridge for nearly a year now. Some days are breezy but that is normal for anywhere along the coast. That is the natural air conditioning that keeps us very comfortable almost all the time. I haven't seen any problem with sand being blown around up here on the mesa. Maybe down near the beach in Pismo and Grover. Just yesterday, it hit a high of 78 here, while up in Paso, it broke a record and got up to 104 degrees. So 20-30 degree temp difference between here and the north county is very common. Your electric bill will be much higher up in the north county due to A/C use. And the natural gas bill will be higher up there since the temp drops a lot more at night up there in the winter. Often well below freezing.
HHHMMMMMM.....
Where did you live in North County?? "Often well below freezing"????
HHHHMMMMMM.... 20 years in North county and this is not my experience.
and...the elcetric bill comment....hmmmmmm....

Old 05-24-2008, 01:20 PM

1 posts, read 5,913 times
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Cypress Ridge is a premier gated golf development. I live here and am a Realtor. I find the quality of life that this development gives me my family and the residents is exceptional. It is truly a gem on the Coast any many would dream to live here. It is also getting to be priced very well. Here is my website and the best way to check the weather conditions is the actual golf course weather that is posted on the amenities page @ [URL="http://www.cypressgolfhomes.com/"]www.cypressgolfhomes.com[/URL]. Please feel free to tour the site and contact us with any questions. Great choice for a home.. Location is key! [/FONT]

Old 05-31-2008, 03:23 PM

5 posts, read 22,216 times
Thanks everyone for your comments. In reply to "Centralcoast" - I believe we met you when we looked at a couple of your listings in Cypress Ridge with our realtor (Stacy w/ Pacific West). We ended up buying a house on the lake on Plover Ct. We were close to pulling the trigger on one of your listings on Wigeon, but my wife fell in love with the lake setting. I agree with you, I think Cypress Ridge is a real hidden gem on the coast. We're looking forward to being part of the community. We should be moving in next week. I'm sure we'll see you in the neighborhood!

Old 05-31-2008, 05:22 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,761,515 times
Arroyo Grande has been experiencing a good amount of retail and population growth lately. The citizens in general are against any type of big growth, but one of these days they might get another big shopping center like the Wal-Mart shopping center.

They might get a Macy's lifestyle shopping center and Home Depot on Los Barros street.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:06 AM

169 posts, read 764,775 times
On Los Berros??? Where do you get your information from City? Los Berros is on the mesa, and everyone is trying to "Save the Mesa", not build upon it.
City, you are a young man, still in high school. You need to get out and about and enjoy the beautiful, natural surroundings around you - not focusing on where the next mall is going to be built. Take a bike ride, go fishing, read a novel, play tennis...you are young and full of energy...
Do you know how many of us older folks would love to be knocking on the brink of our future again....ah...???
Why is youth wasted on youth!!!???

Old 06-01-2008, 09:32 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,761,515 times
Yeah, on Los Barros street in southern arroyo grande on an intersection close to the freeway is alot of land for development. i may have gotten the address mixed up, but i got my info from a developer.

like i said, its more likely the San Luis Obispo Marketplace will be passed back into the city.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:57 PM

139 posts, read 360,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierraman View Post
Thanks everyone for your comments. In reply to "Centralcoast" - I believe we met you when we looked at a couple of your listings in Cypress Ridge with our realtor (Stacy w/ Pacific West). We ended up buying a house on the lake on Plover Ct. We were close to pulling the trigger on one of your listings on Wigeon, but my wife fell in love with the lake setting. I agree with you, I think Cypress Ridge is a real hidden gem on the coast. We're looking forward to being part of the community. We should be moving in next week. I'm sure we'll see you in the neighborhood!
So since you have been here a couple weeks, what do you think of CR?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California