Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2020, 07:59 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,638,493 times

Advertisements

LOL zero hedge. A russian troll farm

Old 10-13-2020, 08:27 PM

223 posts, read 153,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
The Great California Exodus Accelerates

California may be the most populous state in the Union, but it could transform into the exodus capital of America. The Golden State has witnessed its population stall, declining slightly from 39.96 million to 39.78 million in the second half of 2019, according to the Department of Finance.

Growth has slowed close to zero or even declined in most coastal counties. The San Francisco Bay Area advanced, and counties east of Los Angeles witnessed modest growth. However, Los Angeles County shed residents for the second consecutive year in 2019. It is unclear how severe the population drop is in the aftermath of the Coronavirus pandemic and the state government’s proposed tax hikes.

Contrary to internet mythos, it is not only high-income earners who are packing up their things and saying goodbye to Newsom. Studies, including one from the Public Policy Institute of California and another by the Empire Center for Public Policy, have found that poorer households are more likely to flee than their affluent counterparts. But considering the policing being proposed or enacted, it is safe to say that the wealthy have no reason to be some of the left-behinds.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...us-accelerates
The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Old 10-13-2020, 09:30 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,750,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttboy View Post
The Great California Exodus Accelerates

California may be the most populous state in the Union, but it could transform into the exodus capital of America. The Golden State has witnessed its population stall, declining slightly from 39.96 million to 39.78 million in the second half of 2019, according to the Department of Finance.

Growth has slowed close to zero or even declined in most coastal counties. The San Francisco Bay Area advanced, and counties east of Los Angeles witnessed modest growth. However, Los Angeles County shed residents for the second consecutive year in 2019. It is unclear how severe the population drop is in the aftermath of the Coronavirus pandemic and the state government’s proposed tax hikes.

Contrary to internet mythos, it is not only high-income earners who are packing up their things and saying goodbye to Newsom. Studies, including one from the Public Policy Institute of California and another by the Empire Center for Public Policy, have found that poorer households are more likely to flee than their affluent counterparts. But considering the policing being proposed or enacted, it is safe to say that the wealthy have no reason to be some of the left-behinds.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...us-accelerates
Yeah, they're all going to Arizona and then you'll have to leave there.

Old 10-13-2020, 10:16 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,874,151 times
LOL..Another California Exodus Thread for the year

Now when I see the freeways empty,no crowds and a stop in housing construction then i'll know The Great California Exodus has begun,but until then life goes on as usual

Old 10-13-2020, 10:51 PM

925 posts, read 1,065,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californiaguy2007 View Post
LOL..Another California Exodus Thread for the year

Now when I see the freeways empty,no crowds and a stop in housing construction then i'll know The Great California Exodus has begun,but until then life goes on as usual
Exactly. The exodus story is just a way for a political party to justify its story.

Old 10-14-2020, 07:16 AM

4,321 posts, read 6,281,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
Yeah, they're all going to Arizona and then you'll have to leave there.
And Arizona is turning blue, so not a terrible thing.

Old 10-14-2020, 07:32 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,754,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGS91762 View Post
Exactly. The exodus story is just a way for a political party to justify its story.
No not really.
The exodus is a fact.
For the time being, there are enough people coming in to replace all those going out.
Nevertheless, California's growth has significantly tapered off. Yes it's probably a good thing since it's way too crowded anyway.
It would be wise however, to examine why people leave when they do. This sheds an uncomfortable light on the state's problems, which are many, and are largely caused by poor governance.

Old 10-14-2020, 08:18 AM

827 posts, read 659,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Where did you move to?
North Arkansas

Old 10-14-2020, 01:42 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,827,955 times
Anecdotally, it seems like taxpayers are leaving and tax users are replacing them.

That was certainly the case for my brother's family and mine.

My income is 6 figures and my brother's is high 6 figures. We both wanted a tax break.

My closest friend earns 7 figures and will leave California as soon as he retires (two more years).

Reading post 41 reminded me, another of my close friends just retired and is about to move to Oregon.

All of us were looking for a tax break.

Last edited by Futuremauian; 10-14-2020 at 02:38 PM..

Old 10-14-2020, 01:45 PM

21,734 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Anecdotally, it seems like taxpayers are leaving and tax users are replacing them.

That was certainly the case for my brother's family and mine.
No. It’s low and lower middle income that are the majority leaving ... while high earners move in. Tiered tax structure means those lowers leaving paid very little if any state income tax ... while the high earners pay high rates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California